ADVERTISEMENT

San Francisco to begin "Poop Patrol"

Holy crap! I wonder if might have something to do with my sister's clan and the two most liveable cities in America. She currently lives in SF and bought a couple of apartments up in Portland to live once the kids move out. Is it a coincidence?
Hmmm... I will keep an eye on them the next time we are out for a walk in the city,

Thanks for bringing this up.

...and the two most liveable cities in America. ...SF and ...Portland.
You might think Portland is livable but I have in-laws who have lived there 30+ years and they now drive away from the city to do simple chores like grocery shopping to avoid all of the panhandlers in doorways. Stores including anchors are leaving the biggest shopping mall, Lloyd Center, for the same reason.

The City of Portland.....

6a00d8341c86d053ef017d3eb3607f970c-500wi

00003465796931.jpg

Panhandling_cast_090617.jpg

The City of Portland.....

6a00d8341c86d053ef017d3eb3607f970c-500wi

00003465796931.jpg

Panhandling_cast_090617.jpg
Didn't they raise the minimum wage in Portland? Perhaps I have my cities wrong. If I am right then the point to be made is how many lower level jobs get discarded because the government arbitrarily raises the cost of doing business upon business owners. You end up with kiosks at McDonalds instead of a live person taking your order. I'd tell everyone in this picture to go out and get a job. But perhaps entry level jobs are not there because of government intrusion.

We should have a separate thread about homelessness and a serious discussion on how to change it. Maybe I was too young in prior trips, but it seems much more pervasive in many areas than it did previously.
Interesting to see where they're concentrated. Pretty much Blue states. Portland is # 10.

https://www.ranker.com/list/top-10-u-s-cities-with-a-high-homelessness-rate/greg
Um maybe because the large majorities of big cities are in blue states?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT