ADVERTISEMENT

Sampson James to OSU

Was hoping he'd never forget "His first offer" but it is hard to say OSU is a "bad choice". He's an Indy/Avon boy so always wish him well, and do hope he'll keep IU in the top "on deck circle" should things change.

Now here's hoping David Bell will still keep IU in the mix too.

*Note: If IU gets off to a good start, shows good progress, you never know how things could change. Life is funny that way!

I get it. But will say think IU can keep getting what appear to be strong 3-star athletes, some from the south, and with depth and teamwork (and still some darn good players/athletes) if IU starts putting things together, some of these Indiana kids are going to stay home in years to come. Both Sampson/Bell are legit 4-star studs. But OSU and UM can only take 24 kids a year from a truly national base. There will be others in Indiana left we can still get who can contribute.

So battles like James I expect to have a hard time with the likes of Michigan or OSU. BUT guys like Craig Young the 12th rated player in Indiana who is warm to Iowa and Wiscy and IU, I expect to win those battles. I know he also just picked up an osu and mich state offer but this Iowa pipe needs to stop. These are the types of battles we seem to be winning out of state. As far as in state, unless CTA puts IU on the map consistently bowling year after year how are these kids going to be interested? Maybe if parents went to IU, high school coaching relationships, how else? There s alot of competition around here.

So battles like James I expect to have a hard time with the likes of Michigan or OSU. BUT guys like Craig Young the 12th rated player in Indiana who is warm to Iowa and Wiscy and IU, I expect to win those battles. I know he also just picked up an osu and mich state offer but this Iowa pipe needs to stop. These are the types of battles we seem to be winning out of state. As far as in state, unless CTA puts IU on the map consistently bowling year after year how are these kids going to be interested? Maybe if parents went to IU, high school coaching relationships, how else? There s alot of competition around here.
Iowa was definitely ahead of IU for James and is ahead of IU for Bell.

I get it. But will say think IU can keep getting what appear to be strong 3-star athletes, some from the south, and with depth and teamwork (and still some darn good players/athletes) if IU starts putting things together, some of these Indiana kids are going to stay home in years to come. Both Sampson/Bell are legit 4-star studs. But OSU and UM can only take 24 kids a year from a truly national base. There will be others in Indiana left we can still get who can contribute.
You are right about the kids from the South which will be how IU can get football moving up in the B1G. Indiana kids hve a history of going out of state rather than staying in state. Tiller elevated PU with out many out of state kids and pulling in some local kids that weren't highly rated. I would love for top Indiana kids to choose IU but it just isn't going to happen right now.

You are right about the kids from the South which will be how IU can get football moving up in the B1G. Indiana kids hve a history of going out of state rather than staying in state. Tiller elevated PU with out many out of state kids and pulling in some local kids that weren't highly rated. I would love for top Indiana kids to choose IU but it just isn't going to happen right now.

Yeah. Let's use the coaches pipeline in FL while it's hot. If we can string together a nice season this year and next, then suddenly IU has a different look to recruits. You have to think, these high school kids really start watching some of the big boys as they get into high school. So a 4 year run suddenly shines a team like IU in a completely different light to recruits....but, you typically have to win on the field first.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT