ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Story.

I don’t have any facts or reasoning but at year four I am disappointed that we are only middle of the pack
Ultimately what you, I, or any fan feels is unimportant.

This story about Story (perfect moniker, only Fable, Myth, or Bullshit would fit better) and Miller loses his job based on losing or winning vs one team is about f**king stupid.

Everyone gets that, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Spartans9312
Anyone else looking forward to Sam's email series tonight? He's a coach, a thinker, and big time insider so I'm expecting some earth shattering news.

This team doesn’t have shooters.

Franklin is shooting 43% and Hunter is shooting 37%. Both are in the top 40 in the league for percentage made in the league. Durham shot 38% last year, so he's proven that he can shoot. We've got kids that can shoot. We just have to have confidence that they'll go in.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Lol. Nobody takes him seriously, do they?

Apparently. Read his twitter comments. I got skeptical of him right when I learned that he deletes all of his tweets and messages. At least those that later make him look bad.

Franklin is shooting 43% and Hunter is shooting 37%. Both are in the top 40 in the league for percentage made in the league. Durham shot 38% last year, so he's proven that he can shoot. We've got kids that can shoot. We just have to have confidence that they'll go in.
??? This is a very poor shooting team. You can doin with a few guys %’s but this team doesn’t make many shots from outside. Also lack size and length at the wing and front court depth

Apparently. Read his twitter comments. I got skeptical of him right when I learned that he deletes all of his tweets and messages. At least those that later make him look bad.
The last I saw from him was his Trey to IU proclamations, even though we had been slipping down the list for months.

??? This is a very poor shooting team. You can doin with a few guys %’s but this team doesn’t make many shots from outside. Also lack size and length at the wing and front court depth

We absolutely lack front court depth, but our length on the wing is not a problem. Franklin, Galloway, Durham and Leal are all in the 6'4-6'5 realm and when we go big, Hunter is 6'7. I don't know how much length you think we need in the wings, but we have plenty.

We absolutely lack front court depth, but our length on the wing is not a problem. Franklin, Galloway, Durham and Leal are all in the 6'4-6'5 realm and when we go big, Hunter is 6'7. I don't know how much length you think we need in the wings, but we have plenty.
Issue with 6’4 wings is if they can’t shoot and they are not slashers what are they giving you? Keep Franklin and TJD and clean house. This roster needs an over haul

Those are their 3 point percentages. We do have shooters.

Those are their 3 point percentages. We do have shooters.
Correct what we need is a perimeter scorer that can create and hit tough shots. Franklin may be that person but he's been inconsistent. Plus, these people say really dumb things when butthurt,

And, if IU is small at the wing, so is a majority of the NCAA. I think he's just reaching for any negative he can, just to pile on, because losing to Purdue has made him butthurt.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Correct what we need is a perimeter scorer that can create and hit tough shots. Franklin may be that person but he's been inconsistent. Plus, these people say really dumb things when butthurt,

And, if IU is small at the wing, so is a majority of the NCAA. I think he's just reaching for any negative he can, just to pile on, because losing to Purdue has made him butthurt.
Yep you got it....or just tired of the program sucking

Reactions: T.M.P.

That shot Franklin took at the half is exactly what you are talking about.

We are one of the worst 3 pt shooting teams in D1 basketball (228 ranking) and FT shooting teams. (265th).
And....? We have the wrong guys taking those shots. We have 3 very good shooters. 4 if you count Rob. The others just jack shit up. The free throws drive me insane. Free throws are our biggest problem. We win 2-3 more games if we had hit those.

And....? We have the wrong guys taking those shots. We have 3 very good shooters. 4 if you count Rob. The others just jack shit up. The free throws drive me insane. Free throws are our biggest problem. We win 2-3 more games if we had hit those.
Well if the guys your playing can’t hit from outside then don’t play them. Galloway, Lander, Durham and Rob are shooting awful. As of now the only proven guy to knock shots down is Franklin.

Well if the guys your playing can’t hit from outside then don’t play them. Galloway, Lander, Durham and Rob are shooting awful. As of now the only proven guy to knock shots down is Franklin.
Hunter can hit. Galloway and lander are terrible. Jury is still out on Al and rob. They have shown at times they can hit. I agree don’t play those guys.

No. Not even close.

I'll answer for him ... because it's year 4 and we're regressing and we pay him 3.5M a year. Exact enough?
Not being smart here, but would your expectations of performance be less if he made less than the stated $3.5m per year? Say he was being paid $1.75m per year, would our current performance be more acceptable?

Jordan Hulls, 3pt%

I have confidence in saying Jordan Hulls was a shooter.

Reactions: mk23
Jordan Hulls, 3pt%

I have confidence in saying Jordan Hulls was a shooter.

I ask you if this player is a good shooter....

43%
31%
40%
17%

The 17% is his freshman year where he only played 9 games but averages over 10 minutes in those 9 games. The other years, he played in a minimum of 26 games at a average of at least 17 minutes.

My point is, players can have off games or even off years and still be good shooters.

I ask you if this player is a good shooter....

43%
31%
40%
17%

The 17% is his freshman year where he only played 9 games but averages over 10 minutes in those 9 games. The other years, he played in a minimum of 26 games at a average of at least 17 minutes.

My point is, players can have off games or even off years and still be good shooters.
How many attempts per game for this player? Looking strictly at percentage is very misleading.

We are 288th in 3PA/gm and 287th in 3PM/gm. We are 225th in 3pt%. We are well below average when it comes to shooting.

Reactions: bsmitty08
How many attempts per game for this player? Looking strictly at percentage is very misleading.

We are 288th in 3PA/gm and 287th in 3PM/gm. We are 225th in 3pt%. We are well below average when it comes to shooting.

I put them in order with the percentages that they had. The year he attempted 5 per game, he shot 40 percent and played 22 minutes. The next year shot 31 percent on 2 attempts and then went up on the same amount of attempts.

I put them in order with the percentages that they had. The year he attempted 5 per game, he shot 40 percent and played 22 minutes. The next year shot 31 percent on 2 attempts and then went up on the same amount of attempts.
I would say that person is a good shooter. However, that person is not on our team.

Ultimately what you, I, or any fan feels is unimportant.

This story about Story (perfect moniker, only Fable, Myth, or Bullshit would fit better) and Miller loses his job based on losing or winning vs one team is about f**king stupid.

Everyone gets that, right?

Most people get it besides you. It’s not a big deal that you were wrong. Let it go. Archie will be fired in the near future and hopefully we hire the right guy next time.

Last edited:
The point i was making was good shooters can go through periods where shots just don't go down.

The player was AJ Ratliff.

If you’re not “butthurt “ after being owned as PU’s bitch for all these years, WTF kind of fan are you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT