ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Daugstrup Commits

Um...I'm not 100% sure, but I'm EXTREMELY skeptical that he's a PWO & not a scholly. Not saying that anyone is wrong, just...that would be very surprising. Beyond surprising, the kid has...many scholly offers. His knee injury was LAST year, he's played this year, so....color me shocked, STUNNED if this PWO report is accurate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoosier_Hack
Welcome Sam!!!

Sounds like a good deal for all concerned. Tom Allen has not been shy about awarding scholarships to walk-ons who are deserving...

Um...I'm not 100% sure, but I'm EXTREMELY skeptical that he's a PWO & not a scholly. Not saying that anyone is wrong, just...that would be very surprising. Beyond surprising, the kid has...many scholly offers. His knee injury was LAST year, he's played this year, so....color me shocked, STUNNED if this PWO report is accurate.
Daugstrup suffered a knee injury this season and is committing to IU as a preferred walk-on, according to TheHoosier.com. Per the article posted by Snowling.

If he got hurt last year as you say AND this year as the article states, I can see a scenario where he would lose all his scholarship opportunities.

I promise you, he is a PWO.

Article does say that its a PWO and you seem to be in the know. But his tweet made no mention of PWO and didn’t seem like his other offers were all from last year, etc. If he’s willing, able and wanting to come to IU as a PWO I welcome him with open arms and hope he crushes it. But I too thought it was a scholarship offer at first read of his tweet.

Daugstrup suffered a knee injury this season and is committing to IU as a preferred walk-on, according to TheHoosier.com. Per the article posted by Snowling.

If he got hurt last year as you say AND this year as the article states, I can see a scenario where he would lose all his scholarship opportunities.
Well, I can assure you he blew his knee out last year, & if he is in fact a PWO, he's the most sought after PWO in the history of forever. He's been pursued recently by Michigan State & Pitt.

Well, I can assure you he blew his knee out last year, & if he is in fact a PWO, he's the most sought after PWO in the history of forever. He's been pursued recently by Michigan State & Pitt.
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth...

Article does say that its a PWO and you seem to be in the know. But his tweet made no mention of PWO and didn’t seem like his other offers were all from last year, etc. If he’s willing, able and wanting to come to IU as a PWO I welcome him with open arms and hope he crushes it. But I too thought it was a scholarship offer at first read of his tweet.

I've seen many tweets from kids who have committed to schools as WOs........they generally don't mention the WO part.

Googling him.....8/6 article from 247 site says he had unofficial visits to MSU, Vandy & MD this summer. Said he was trying to set up an OV to Pitt.....can't tell if that ever happened.....it looked like Pitt was his first choice. Said injury was last year. He apparently was out all last year. In the article he said he was 'good to go' this year and hoped he'd get some offers after a few games this year.

July 2018 Max Preps article said going into last year 247 had him rated as the 15th best overall player in his class. He camped at OSU, was interested in Michigan et al

St. Ignatius website article said he was mainly used as a blocking TR his Soph year at St Ignatius. The thing is....you have to be pretty good to play as a Soph at that school.

To me he looks like a tough guy with good hand, who lacks speed. He looks like either a blocking TE or an interior OL at the college level.........TE is a position where we missed out on a couple of Ohio guys who committed to Iowa........very good job to get him here as a PWO.....they probably sold him on the chance to play.....I have to think he was basically offered a scholarship as a Soph if he holds up physically, because you would think he could get one at the MAC level at the end of this year...

Reactions: 76-1 and kobis18
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth...
Is it a gift horse? He must've blown his knee out again this year, that's the only thing that would explain all of this. I've tried to confirm, but it's just not out there, not that I can find anyway. He played the 1st several games this year, but after mid September there's nothing as far as highlights from him, so I'm guessing he got hurt again? Otherwise, it's almost impossible to see him accepting anything less than a scholly.

Is it a gift horse? He must've blown his knee out again this year, that's the only thing that would explain all of this. I've tried to confirm, but it's just not out there, not that I can find anyway. He played the 1st several games this year, but after mid September there's nothing as far as highlights from him, so I'm guessing he got hurt again? Otherwise, it's almost impossible to see him accepting anything less than a scholly.
Relax. Don't worry about it. It's a PWO offer, for a talented kid. I've never seen someone so wound up about a PWO as you.

Relax. Don't worry about it. It's a PWO offer, for a talented kid. I've never seen someone so wound up about a PWO as you.
Lol!! Excuse me Dad? I've never seen someone so wound up about someone allegedly being "wound up" about a PWO. & of course you've seen SO many PWO's, right? After all, it's only every day that a kid with 13 Scholarship offers accepts a PWO, right? Silly me for questioning...I mean, "getting wound up about" it. But that's old hat for you, you've seen it all, haven't you.... I'll worry about whatever I want to worry about, thanx.

Last edited:
Lol!! Excuse me Dad? I've never seen someone so wound up about someone allegedly being "wound up" about a PWO. & of course you've seen SO many PWO's, right? After all, it's only every day that a kid with 13 Scholarship offers accepts a PWO, right? Silly me for questioning...I mean, "getting wound up about" it. But that's old hat for you, you've seen it all, haven't you.... I'll worry about whatever I want to worry about, thanx.

The kid did a interview on 247 yesterday where he said he was walking on.

Reactions: 76-1
Yeah, got it, he's a PWO, that's been established.

You were correct in guessing that he hurt his knee. But he hurt his other knee is the reason why schools backed off and withdrew the offers.

If he can regain his form, we've got a steal.

Reactions: 76-1
Wow. You just had a tantrum. Take a nap, kid. I'll get your bottle, and blankie.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
You were correct in guessing that he hurt his knee. But he hurt his other knee is the reason why schools backed off and withdrew the offers.

If he can regain his form, we've got a steal.
This year he hurt the other knee? So he's hurt both knees now..

This year he hurt the other knee? So he's hurt both knees now..
Ergo, he's a PWO... Not a scholarship player.

Why is that sooooo hard for you to understand? Previous posts have said the same thing.

Ergo, he's a PWO... Not a scholarship player.

Why is that sooooo hard for you to understand? Previous posts have said the same thing.
Wtf are you talking about, & WHY, more pertinently?? Just stop messaging me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT