ADVERTISEMENT

Sad to Hear...

I used to love the city of San Francisco. It’s turned into a Mecca for drugged up homeless people that shit in the streets and have nowhere to go. I think you have to point fingers at the drug culture of the 60’s. It messed up a generation and future generations of its citizens.

Reactions: IUXC68
I used to love the city of San Francisco. It’s turned into a Mecca for drugged up homeless people that shit in the streets and have nowhere to go. I think you have to point fingers at the drug culture of the 60’s. It messed up a generation and future generations of its citizens.
May as well be homeless in SF if you’re under 100K per year.

Reactions: 76-1
If you're right, they all must be pushing 70 by now. The problem will fix itself soon enough.

It's getting very bad in L.A. too. Democrat run hell holes and they blame the Republicans and Capitalism for it. If they just let Conservative values in this state once again you would see a better quality of life. It really saddens me because it doesn't have to be that way.

It's getting very bad in L.A. too. Democrat run hell holes and they blame the Republicans and Capitalism for it. If they just let Conservative values in this state once again you would see a better quality of life. It really saddens me because it doesn't have to be that way.
You don’t need to have conservative values to not use drugs.

You don't need to have conservative values to be a compassionate, kind self-proclaimed man of God.

You don't need to have conservative values to be a compassionate, kind self-proclaimed man of God.
Bottom line is liberal policies in this state are not working. If we are compassionate we want people lifted out of squalor. In fact we want to make it possible for them to lift themselves out of squalor because then it is more permanent. A government check is a band aid on a bullet wound.

I don't rag on you often, but please, stfu on such things. Some of the least compassionate people I know are hard line conservative "Christians". Values are values, red or blue, liberal or conservative. Love thy neighbor, period. Not love thy conservative, white, Christian, hetero neighbor.

I don't rag on you often, but please, stfu on such things. Some of the least compassionate people I know are hard line conservative "Christians". Values are values, red or blue, liberal or conservative. Love thy neighbor, period. Not love thy conservative, white, Christian, hetero neighbor.

Agree 100%. The ‘conservative christians’ give Christianity an bad name. For the most part, they couldn’t be more ‘ubchristian’ In the views they espouse.

Pretty judgmental on your part. Who says I don't love people? In fact I want people lifted out of squalor. What is happening now is all on progressive/liberal policies. I want it to stop. How is that not love showing itself?

The street people don’t usually have anywhere else to go and some of the California cities have offered some assistance, which is what I think Christ would do if he was alive today. He tried to help the outcasts of his society: leper’s, prostitutes, etc. and was not judgmental about them.

The street people don’t usually have anywhere else to go and some of the California cities have offered some assistance, which is what I think Christ would do if he was alive today. He tried to help the outcasts of his society: leper’s, prostitutes, etc. and was not judgmental about them.

Allowing people with mental health/ drug addiction issues to live, use drugs, and defecate on the streets is not compassionate.

In fact it’s the exact opposite of compassion.

No but you seem to think the answer for the homeless is to throw them in prison. Debtors prison has not been a thing in the US since the 18th century.

A grey hound ticket to a less expensive city is $20.

The idea that these homeless people are Tech and Finance professionals who got laid off and can’t afford housing is silly.

I know a guy who is homeless on the streets of Phoenix. He has a PhD in Organic Chemistry from IU and used to work for a major pharma company.

Brilliant guy

Mental health issues made him lose his job, his savings, his marriage, and his home.

I have tried and tried to help him get a job and keep an apartment.

So far, not so good.

A grey hound ticket to a less expensive city is $20.

The idea that these homeless people are Tech and Finance professionals who got laid off and can’t afford housing is silly.
And where did I say that the homeless were laid off Tech and Finance people? The chief reason we see them in cities like LA and SF are it’s warmer and they can better survive being homeless. I don’t like seeing them on the streets but then again I don’t enjoy visiting sick people in the hospital or nursing homes either. We need to figure out some solutions because the economy is doing pretty well right now and I hate to think how bad it will be when the jobs aren’t there.

Reactions: sglowrider
I know a guy who is homeless on the streets of Phoenix. He has a PhD in Organic Chemistry from IU and used to work for a major pharma company.

Brilliant guy

Mental health issues made him lose his job, his savings, his marriage, and his home.

I have tried and tried to help him get a job and keep an apartment.

So far, not so good.
Is he bi polar? I've had some experience with people who have it. My sister's son and her husband both had it. I am glad the man you mentioned he has you in his life.

Is he bi polar? I've had some experience with people who have it. My sister's son and her husband both had it. I am glad the man you mentioned he has you in his life.

You are such a faker VPN. And sadly you have fooled yourself into thinking you are some sort of Christian leader--- and in turn, dragging other similar people aka 'the congregation' into your foolishness.

You are seriously lost and I am sure confused all the time. You sadden me as a human being.

Reactions: largemouth

The problem is they've turned away from god. There is no god in liberal communism in california and this is the result. An absence of judeo-christian values. We need more men of faith like you Van. God bless.

You are such a faker VPN. And sadly you have fooled yourself into thinking you are some sort of Christian leader--- and in turn, dragging other similar people aka 'the congregation' into your foolishness.

You are seriously lost and I am sure confused all the time. You sadden me as a human being.
You are nuts. There is nothing about me that is fake. I'm the same at home, church, and on forums. There is nothing foolish about believing the Gospel. In fact if you think it is then it is bad for you. 1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.” Not everyone in my church is saved yet. But I keep preaching about Jesus and it's not foolish. It's the wisest thing I can do.

The problem is they've turned away from god. There is no god in liberal communism in california and this is the result. An absence of judeo-christian values. We need more men of faith like you Van. God bless.
There are very good pastors in California. One that comes to mind is Dr. David Jeremiah. He actually started a church in Ft Wayne years ago before he moved to San Diego. The church is Blackhawk Ministries which has a school. And as you know we have an IU target named Caleb Furst who plays for them.

Reactions: toastedbread
I bet you spend a lot of time in both LA and San Fran. Let’s look at the states that are always at the bottom for poverty, education, etc. Wonder whether they are red or blue? States like Mississippi, Alabama?

You showed who you really are long ago. You are in denial. Leave the f**king politics out of the pulpit!
I don't preach politics from the pulpit. I preach the Word of God. Now on issues like Abortion I have made comments, but in my view abortion is a moral issue more than a political one.
Just like I think supporting Trump is a moral and character issue, not a political one...

Reactions: mashnut
I bet you spend a lot of time in both LA and San Fran. Let’s look at the states that are always at the bottom for poverty, education, etc. Wonder whether they are red or blue? States like Mississippi, Alabama?

What is sad is that his ilk mixes religion and politics together.

They lack self-awareness -- they are basically scapegoating. They have not consciously recognised the limitations of the institution they represent and its belief structure that they pontificate daily.

So like a child and whataboutism, they re-direct its limitations into other areas.

Some will turn to alcohol, some to sex whilst others to other arenas like politics -- all the while deflecting the religion's limitations in life on broader issues like homelessness and blaming it on politics and in this case, liberal politics.

Like the Talibans, personal belief isnt enough so they want to control every aspect of your life to overcome its limitations. That will do the trick!
rolleyes.gif

Ultimately the bottomline is that these folks all enjoy the power to control folks or at least influence folks ... external projection of their own frailties and insecurities..

Last edited:

Asking the good Lord to sit on the bench for a breather....

The similarities between the homeless and the conservative policy is striking.

1) Taxes
Without the benefit of a high priced CPA they pay no tax except for what they legally purchase, also without the boast of being smart.
2) Infrastructure
Use of roads, bridges, parks etc. with no thought of maintenance.
3) Pollution
The obvious and obscure deregulated contributions to the filth we drink, breath or simply offends our vision.

Obviously the similarities only begin to fade when the conservative goes to work and pays taxes.

Please note the absence of the act of defecation, the process and product that lends itself for a far too easy comparison.

EDIT: oops sorry, thought I was on the cooler

Last edited:
Bottom line is liberal policies in this state are not working. If we are compassionate we want people lifted out of squalor. In fact we want to make it possible for them to lift themselves out of squalor because then it is more permanent. A government check is a band aid on a bullet wound.

You are commenting on something I’m certain you know nothing about. Have you even ever been to California? When is the last time you’ve been there? I will wager you’ve not been there ever, and if you have, it’s been a while. The state of California, despite the numbnuts in the Midwest who love to state how it’s “a total mess...”, is doing very well. The economy is robust (5th biggest economy in the world I believe??) despite the extra regulations and taxes that conservatives love to hate so much. It’s clean and beautiful. People are mostly nice and mellow and thoughtful and care about others. So many of the worlds talented and bright among us go to California and thrive in ways they cannot if they were to remain in Indiana. Most Hoosiers that do leave and move there end up staying there. I don’t have statistics to back that assertion up, but I personally know so many that went to Cali and stayed. Are there problems? Of course there are. I guess the traffic is considered bad, but in my experience it’s not worse than Chicago or Boston or DC or the BQE. The homeless issue is getting bigger and worse, true. But in my opinion, while traffic and homelessness are issues to deal with, they certainly don’t make the state “a mess” as I so often hear. I’ll add that homelessness is a growing issue in Indiana and the Midwest too. Nevertheless, California is thriving. Don't let Fox News tell you otherwise.

Reactions: Morrison
I’m grateful he’s dead...time for the rest of em to go. Music and our society needs to move past this era.
That was quite a dumb comment.

There are very good pastors in California. One that comes to mind is Dr. David Jeremiah. He actually started a church in Ft Wayne years ago before he moved to San Diego. The church is Blackhawk Ministries which has a school. And as you know we have an IU target named Caleb Furst who plays for them.

Please STFU ... you are the most worthless poster to ever plague a board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT