ADVERTISEMENT

Sad to Hear...

You are commenting on something I’m certain you know nothing about. Have you even ever been to California? When is the last time you’ve been there? I will wager you’ve not been there ever, and if you have, it’s been a while. The state of California, despite the numbnuts in the Midwest who love to state how it’s “a total mess...”, is doing very well. The economy is robust (5th biggest economy in the world I believe??) despite the extra regulations and taxes that conservatives love to hate so much. It’s clean and beautiful. People are mostly nice and mellow and thoughtful and care about others. So many of the worlds talented and bright among us go to California and thrive in ways they cannot if they were to remain in Indiana. Most Hoosiers that do leave and move there end up staying there. I don’t have statistics to back that assertion up, but I personally know so many that went to Cali and stayed. Are there problems? Of course there are. I guess the traffic is considered bad, but in my experience it’s not worse than Chicago or Boston or DC or the BQE. The homeless issue is getting bigger and worse, true. But in my opinion, while traffic and homelessness are issues to deal with, they certainly don’t make the state “a mess” as I so often hear. I’ll add that homelessness is a growing issue in Indiana and the Midwest too. Nevertheless, California is thriving. Don't let Fox News tell you otherwise.

I go to SF for work about once a month. It has gone from one of my favorite cities to a chore to visit in the last few years.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
You are commenting on something I’m certain you know nothing about. Have you even ever been to California? When is the last time you’ve been there? I will wager you’ve not been there ever, and if you have, it’s been a while. The state of California, despite the numbnuts in the Midwest who love to state how it’s “a total mess...”, is doing very well. The economy is robust (5th biggest economy in the world I believe??) despite the extra regulations and taxes that conservatives love to hate so much. It’s clean and beautiful. People are mostly nice and mellow and thoughtful and care about others. So many of the worlds talented and bright among us go to California and thrive in ways they cannot if they were to remain in Indiana. Most Hoosiers that do leave and move there end up staying there. I don’t have statistics to back that assertion up, but I personally know so many that went to Cali and stayed. Are there problems? Of course there are. I guess the traffic is considered bad, but in my experience it’s not worse than Chicago or Boston or DC or the BQE. The homeless issue is getting bigger and worse, true. But in my opinion, while traffic and homelessness are issues to deal with, they certainly don’t make the state “a mess” as I so often hear. I’ll add that homelessness is a growing issue in Indiana and the Midwest too. Nevertheless, California is thriving. Don't let Fox News tell you otherwise.

Tbf. VPN has not met Jesus but thats not stopping him from pontificating his 'true' words either. Second-hand or third-hand news isnt an issue with him.

Anyway, Califonia, as they say, is either the trendsetter for the world or the canary in the mine.

It was insensitive, but not dumb.
Maybe that was your goal, but no, you missed. It was dumb or at least very ignorant. Especially in a musical sense. You have no clue who Robert Hunter was, or what era any music belongs in. You certainly have no clue how it's made, or what the influences are and where they come from. If you did then maybe you could comment on eras or music without sounding dumb. He was first and foremost a country and folk music historian - something you obviously aren't.- and a very gifted lyricist and highly influential to many modern Americana (and jamband) writers.

Dumb ...

Reactions: sluggo69
Maybe that was your goal, but no, you missed. It was dumb or at least very ignorant. Especially in a musical sense. You have no clue who Robert Hunter was, or what era any music belongs in. You certainly have no clue how it's made, or what the influences are and where they come from. If you did then maybe you could comment on eras or music without sounding dumb. He was first and foremost a country and folk music historian - something you obviously aren't.- and a very gifted lyricist and highly influential to many modern Americana (and jamband) writers.

Dumb ...
Look, you’re correct I’m not a music historian when it comes to the Dead, and mostly because I have no interest in it. I actually happened to take the History of Rock n Roll class which doesn’t make me an expert but more knowledgeable than most.

I’m mostly just tired of the drug culture from the 60’s and how through music it’s continued to stay relevant. And when I speak of drugs I’m not including weed, I’m speaking of hallucinogenics. These drugs ****ed up so many people and for what?

Look, you’re correct I’m not a music historian when it comes to the Dead, and mostly because I have no interest in it. I actually happened to take the History of Rock n Roll class which doesn’t make me an expert but more knowledgeable than most.

I’m mostly just tired of the drug culture from the 60’s and how through music it’s continued to stay relevant. And when I speak of drugs I’m not including weed, I’m speaking of hallucinogenics. These drugs ****ed up so many people and for what?

There was one? Where did you have to look to sign up for it?

There was one? Where did you have to look to sign up for it?
There was a class in Bloomington and in Indianapolis. I took the class in Indy. Great class and teacher, I can’t remember the profs name but if I heard it I would.

There was a class in Bloomington and in Indianapolis. I took the class in Indy. Great class and teacher, I can’t remember the profs name but if I heard it I would.

The closest thing I took for my cultural enrichment was Black Culture class. I think I was the only Chinese student he had in decades if not ever!
He even suggested and would support me applying for some minority scholarship by the end of the semester!!
tongue.gif
(I didnt have quite the heart to tell him of my complete lack of financial struggles up that point in life!)

Nevertheless, I was quite a blackanese by the end of the semester.

s-l300.jpg

I empathise with my brother Kaepernick.

Reactions: kkott and Eppy99
It's getting very bad in L.A. too. Democrat run hell holes and they blame the Republicans and Capitalism for it. If they just let Conservative values in this state once again you would see a better quality of life. It really saddens me because it doesn't have to be that way.
God your a dumb. You are such a simpleton. The only hell holes are in your church.

By any chance was the professor Glenn Gass? He developed the history of R&R class in Bloomington, but I don't know if he also taught it in Indy.

Pretty judgmental on your part. Who says I don't love people? In fact I want people lifted out of squalor. What is happening now is all on progressive/liberal policies. I want it to stop. How is that not love showing itself?

It's not judgmental at all on my part. It's just advice. Frankly I knew you'd not heed it, but honestly I'm just trying to help you not appear as such a dumbshit. When was the last time you were in San Francisco or LA, or studied the issues impacting them beyond Fox News et al? You know the "better to be thought a dumb*ss than to open your mouth(Keyboard) and remove all doubt sentiment? What's broken isn't "liberal policies, etc..." it's our whole political system. So polarized that reps on neither side will support ideas/legislation proposed by the other, regardless of merit. And they all answer to their donors, not citizens, especially the NRA and conservative Christian groups on the Republican side. The entire system is broken... not just the democratic side. It's allowed a narcissistic dolt to win the White House simply because he can carve out a largely uninformed but united voting block.

What is sad is that his ilk mixes religion and politics together.

They lack self-awareness -- they are basically scapegoating. They have not consciously recognised the limitations of the institution they represent and its belief structure that they pontificate daily.

So like a child and whataboutism, they re-direct its limitations into other areas.

Some will turn to alcohol, some to sex whilst others to other arenas like politics -- all the while deflecting the religion's limitations in life on broader issues like homelessness and blaming it on politics and in this case, liberal politics.

Like the Talibans, personal belief isnt enough so they want to control every aspect of your life to overcome its limitations. That will do the trick!
rolleyes.gif

Ultimately the bottomline is that these folks all enjoy the power to control folks or at least influence folks ... external projection of their own frailties and insecurities..
What is even sadder is that his ilk only have to claim to be a "pastor" or minister or religious to get a free pass for saying anything they want in unrelated areas such as rightwing politics. Too many on this board cannot see what he really is and come running to his defense when he is called out for his uncharitable posts.

It was unnecessary to put "pastor" in his username to post messages about IU -- he did that because in his own mind he thinks he is proselytizing. Too many of his posts offer barely believable stories supposedly about his personal life to offer us "guidance." Some day he's going to get mixed up and post a story claiming he successfully counseled someone after going to Gatti's and ordering five loaves of garlic bread and two fish sandwiches.

Reactions: sglowrider

Dumb ...
Hey TMP, did you see this:

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...r-prosecute-simple-marijuana-possession-cases

Reactions: T.M.P.

By any chance was the professor Glenn Gass? He developed the history of R&R class in Bloomington, but I don't know if he also taught it in Indy.
He is still teaching at IU. I’ve sat in on a couple of his Beatles classes.

He is still teaching at IU. I’ve sat in on a couple of his Beatles classes.
NO it wasn't Glass. I've heard his name though. I may have to look it up and see if he's still teacher here in Indy.

It's not judgmental at all on my part. It's just advice. Frankly I knew you'd not heed it, but honestly I'm just trying to help you not appear as such a dumbshit. When was the last time you were in San Francisco or LA, or studied the issues impacting them beyond Fox News et al? You know the "better to be thought a dumb*ss than to open your mouth(Keyboard) and remove all doubt sentiment? What's broken isn't "liberal policies, etc..." it's our whole political system. So polarized that reps on neither side will support ideas/legislation proposed by the other, regardless of merit. And they all answer to their donors, not citizens, especially the NRA and conservative Christian groups on the Republican side. The entire system is broken... not just the democratic side. It's allowed a narcissistic dolt to win the White House simply because he can carve out a largely uninformed but united voting block.
The whole political system? So what do you want to replace it with? California is drowning for several reasons. Liberals and progressives have driven out business because of their tax policies, fees etc. They've also opened the door to all these illegals who don't have jobs because the jobs were run off by the Democrats. Donald Trump's policies have revitalized a stagnant economy which became stagnant by Barack Obama's liberal policies. It's really that simple. Liberal and Progressive policies destroy opportunity and incentive. Some do this on purpose so they can replace our system with another one. I hope you are not in that camp. One last thing. If the entire system is broken then why are some states doing better than others? Why is it that Democrat run places have these type of problems when Republican ones don't?

Last edited:
’m mostly just tired of the drug culture from the 60’s and how through music it’s continued to stay relevant. And when I speak of drugs I’m not including weed, I’m speaking of hallucinogenics. These drugs ****ed up so many people and for what?
Hallucinogenics didn't really ***k up all that many people.

Now, Coke, speed and opiates - I'll give you that....

The whole political system? So what do you want to replace it with? California is drowning for several reasons. Liberals and progressives have driven out business because of their tax policies, fees etc. They've also opened the door to all these illegals who don't have jobs because the jobs were run off by the Democrats. Donald Trump's policies have revitalized a stagnant economy which became stagnant by Barack Obama's liberal policies. It's really that simple. Liberal and Progressive policies destroy opportunity and incentive. Some do this on purpose so they can replace our system with another one. I hope you are not in that camp. One last thing. If the entire system is broken then why are some states doing better than others? Why is it that Democrat run places have these type of problems when Republican ones don't?

XBDEFcJ.jpg

You really are hopeless. There is no hope in any effort to assist you in seeing the truth and I will not try futher. You're too far gone. God have mercy on your soul.

Reactions: sglowrider
It’s abundantly clear you know nothing about California and have never been here. I am always amused at the right wingers that start slobbering all over themselves to parrot right wing talking points when they hear the word, “California”. I’ve always found it quite strange, but amusing.

By the way, did your pastor friend from San Diego mention the fact that his Republican city has a bigger homeless problem than San Francisco. It’s a fact.

You say liberal and progressive policies destroy opportunity and incentive. Laughable. The liberals and progressives in my area are driving new technology and medical advances within a thriving business culture. I would guess that the few surrounding counties in my area could buy your whole state of Pennsylbama. You should concentrate on the gospel, which you know. You’re politics sound like they come from a conservative Southern Baptist, Bob Jones type of publication that you receive. I would suggest seperating politics from faith. They are not one and the same, although extreme right and left wing churches increasingly believe they are.

This guy? David Jeremiah Biography

Done quite well for himself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT