ADVERTISEMENT

Ryder Cup

stollcpa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2010
Watching a replay of the Ryder Cup opening ceremony while eating dinner tonight.

Amazing national pride on display. A quartet of four black Americans sang the American National Anthem. Everyone stood at attention and cheered loudly when it was over. Fly over of jets, no kneeling and no protesting. How refreshing. I love golf and the USA.

Hopefully the Americans keep the Cup here.

Watching a replay of the Ryder Cup opening ceremony while eating dinner tonight.

Amazing national pride on display. A quartet of four black Americans sang the American National Anthem. Everyone stood at attention and cheered loudly when it was over. Fly over of jets, no kneeling and no protesting. How refreshing. I love golf and the USA.

Hopefully the Americans keep the Cup here.

One of my favorite live sporting events was 2016 at Hazeltine

Reactions: stollcpa
Maybe the best sporting event I ever watched was the US comeback at The Country Club in 1999
That was in my top 5. Number one is Sunday, 1986 Masters victory by Nicklaus.

Edit in my top five is Tiger’s US Open win at Torre Pines with a stress fracture in his left tibia and torn ligaments in his left knee. The putt on 18 to force a playoff was unearthly. Until being hit with a golf club by his wife Tiger had a magical ability to make every putt that matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spartans9312
Patriotism at sporting events is so gauche. Nothing like a bunch of Wisconsin slack jaws drooling into their cup at 6 AM, now that's good sports!

That was in my top 5. Number one is Sunday, 1986 Masters victory by Nicklaus.

Edit in my top five is Tiger’s US Open win at Torre Pines with a stress fracture in his left tibia and torn ligaments in his left knee. The putt on 18 to force a playoff was unearthly. Until being hit with a golf club by his wife Tiger had a magical ability to make every putt that matter.
I would break it down this way.

Best events that I have seen live:
1976 IU vs Michigan- Benson tip in at the buzzer to go into OT, and keep the unbeaten streak alive
IU vs UK- Wat Shot. I had already walked to the tunnel entrance, thinking game was over. Watched the final sequence standing at tunnel. Unbelievable
2006 AFC Championship game- Colts comeback against Pats to go to Super Bowl

Without looking up, a few buzzer beaters for IU (Haston vs MSU, Jay Edwards had a couple of buzzer beaters), Calloway tip in in Cincinnati vs LSU in 1987 NCAA

Best events I watched live on TV:
1999 Ryder Cup at The Country Club
Nicklaus Masters victory in 1986
Tiger winning again at the Tour Championship
Tiger winning 2008 US Open at Torrey Pines
Reggie scoring 8 points in like 10 seconds in Madison Square Garden against the Evil Knicks
Keith Smart game winning shot
1980 Olympics hockey- US vs USSR in semi final

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT