ADVERTISEMENT

Ryder Cup to be postponed, per ESPN.

I've done an Alaska cruise, fifteen days, with Princess Cruise Lines. We spent a week on land that included a visit to Denali on a train with glass roofed cars that included a meal and drinks, panned for gold, a float trip in Kenai Peninsula, a train ride on the White Pass at Skagway, and a whole lot more.
The second week, we cruised back through the inside passage, that included a stop a Glacier Bay. Where we watched a glacier calving. Saw whales, Orca, brown bears, moose, the "pipeline", etc. on several tours that we took.
If you ever go, something like our cruise is the way to go.

Last edited:
Walking Augusta National is on my bucket list, along with Pebble Beach, an Alaskan cruise, and touring the WWII battlefields of the pacific.

AN is other-worldly beautiful. Would have been interesting to see it in the fall without azaleas. I might be happier walking it in the spring without golfers, as it's just that pretty.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
AN is other-worldly beautiful. Would have been interesting to see it in the fall without azaleas. I might be happier walking it in the spring without golfers, as it's just that pretty.

It's also just a really unbelievable experience. They have bathroom monitors that move people along and will point out open stalls and urinals. Concessions are all reasonably priced... their signature egg salad sandwich I think is $2.50 or 3, beers are $3/4, and all the workers are smiling and friendly. You've never moved so quickly through concession or bathroom lines. I think the members want everyone to have an unforgettable experience and it really is, top to bottom.

It's also just a really unbelievable experience. They have bathroom monitors that move people along and will point out open stalls and urinals. Concessions are all reasonably priced... their signature egg salad sandwich I think is $2.50 or 3, beers are $3/4, and all the workers are smiling and friendly. You've never moved so quickly through concession or bathroom lines. I think the members want everyone to have an unforgettable experience and it really is, top to bottom.

Don't forget the Pimento Cheese sandwich for a $1.50 or something ridiculously inexpensive.

Reactions: largemouth
Don't forget the Pimento Cheese sandwich for a $1.50 or something ridiculously inexpensive.

Yeah, couldn't remember if it was pimento cheese or egg salad, but I think they have both and they are cheap. I was thinking they were $2.50, but could be $1.50 too... all I know is it was cheap. A buddy in my poker group's family has 4 annual tickets so we've each gotten to go a few times. The first time one of my friends who's not really in to golf went, all he talked about was how much food he got for $20 at the concession stands, so that registered more than the heaven-on-earth course! First time I went probably 12 years ago, I think beer was $2/ea.

Reactions: largemouth
ADVERTISEMENT