ADVERTISEMENT

Ryder Cup 2018 Live

sglowrider

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
Tiny Red Dot
wink.gif

3-1 start... great for the US, but GDI, Tiger loses again. His Ryder Cup record is unforgivable for a guy with his talent. Wouldn't blame Furyk for sitting him til singles. Maybe try him tomorrow with Dechambeau in 4 ball. Def wouldn't put him in alternate shot.

I thought it was weird the Euros chose to start with 4 ball. I think they thought the crowd might give them the lead and then they could bury US in the afternoon foursomes. If that was their thinking, looks to have backfired. I think the course is good for US too, a very American style course, not links and gorse... and wind.

Great venue for these matches. Viewing typically sucks at Ryder Cup, with so many people and so few matches....but this is pure stadium golf.

Its the americanisation of the Cup. I think the Europeans have made it more gladiatorial by design -- to put more pressure on the younger, less experienced (on foreign soil) American team.

Its the americanisation of the Cup. I think the Europeans have made it more gladiatorial by design -- to put more pressure on the younger, less experienced (on foreign soil) American team.

Yeah that course looks very Americanized....looks like someone copied a Pete Dye / TPC Sawgrass formula. Not my favorite style of course to play....but makes for great spectating and a lot of water drama.

Yeah that course looks very Americanized....looks like someone copied a Pete Dye / TPC Sawgrass formula. Not my favorite style of course to play....but makes for great spectating and a lot of water drama.

I think it's the 18th with the water and the pin location... :eek:

Reactions: twenty02
This ass whipping is hard to watch. Two matches are close now though.
Almost as bad as watching the SCOTUS hearings.

Jordan and Tiger are the only two holding up their ends of the bargain. One of the commentators (on SkySports) said that it maybe too cold for these Florida-based players! :rolleyes:

Patrick Reed is having a mare. I bet he is feeling the wrath of Woods on his back.

I have never seen pros hit the waters as many times I have today!! Maybe there is hope for me!!

Last edited:
Reactions: largemouth
I love watching golf and maybe it's just me but some of the Ryder Cup excitement seems manufactured to me. Sure hope we can rally but I'm good either way....Tiger got his win last week.

Gotta love Bubba and Webb were able to halve a hole even with a triple bogey.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT