ADVERTISEMENT

Ruth Bader Ginsberg passes on at 87

McConnell was wrong on Garland. Deliberately delaying a new SCOTUS nominee is also wrong and weakens our system of governance. Such a delay is nothing but a rejection of the prior election hoping that the next one will be more acceptable. That’s nuts. Murkowski and anybody else who uses the next election as an excuse for urging the Senate to go into hiding needs to resign.
Did you say this back in 2016? Or is this a new revelation.

Reactions: brianiu
Hell, nominate Merrick Garland. Not something I would normally say, but somebody needs to toss the olive branch out there, and try to get some king of functionality out of our 2 parties. They both suck, incredibly. All the while, people of this country are dying, suffering, starving, homeless, drug addicted, etc. The narratives of both parties, and yes, it is both, are so immoral, so wrong.
Garland would be a far better choice for the pubs, than letting Biden/Harris do it. And Garland would be a far better choice to the Dems than to have Trump/McConnell do it, which the have every legal right to do.

Our politics are irreparably screwed. Things will continue to get worse.

That sounds good, but the reality is that the "philosophy" of today's Republican Party is "whatever Trump wants". That's their freaking party platform, for cryin' out loud.

Trump has been pretty good with enacting GOP positions.

Or stop electing democrat mayors. Just a thought. Having your Sunday paper declare your city Homicide City after 50 years of Dems running it is aggravating. 900,000 to 300,000 pop in that time. Ridiculous.
Or stop electing corrupt, inept morons for president? Just a thought.

Or stop electing corrupt, inept morons for president? Just a thought.
He doesn’t run these cities. Failing Dems do and have for decades. They learn absolutely nothing; other than to watch citizens relocate to other cities.

Reactions: 76-1
I'll pass on the NYT intepretation. like all things i'd prefer the actual data. "All of the cities with the highest violent crime are run by democrats."Right. That’s not a coincidence. There are factors but here for instance the violent crime is spreading and not localized like it once was. You can track it by zip codes. It’s a result, in significant part, of democrat mayors and prosecutors being soft on crime. the article does nothing to indicate the political bent of the prosecutors, which is a huge factor. most violent criminals aren't first-offenders. they typically have a long history of recividism and that's a product of lenient prosecutors and lenient execs. The reporter here we talked about on local Fox News that grew up in Pruitt igoe has reported extensively about it - pleading that local leaders get tougher on crime. In 50 years of Dems we’ve lost 600,000 people. The county next door run by a republican is where half of that 600,000 went.

I wonder if we’d be a better country with more republicans running these failing cities and more Dems handling national policies

In NY you literally have the business leaders getting together to pen a joint demand to DeBlasio to do something about crime. Calling it urgent. The head of the second largest company in saint louis telling the Dem leaders here if they don't do somethng about crime he's moving the company. It's not a coincidence that where violent crime is rampent dems are in charge. but they will continue to be elected and the pattern will continue.

Last edited:
Repeating Russian propaganda now?
Nope. just 25 years living in a democrat city practicing law and working for nonprofits. sitting through criminal dockets. working at united way. the employment connection. saint louis opportunity clearinghouse. Your experience? and by the way; russian propaganda? that makes you sound like a sheltered moron. there's not a person at any agency on the front line of any depressed city thinking about "russian propaganda." beyond stupid.

Last edited:
Nope. just 25 years living in a democrat city practicing law and working for nonprofits. sitting through criminal dockets. working at united way. the employment connection. saint louis opportunity clearinghouse. Your experience? and by the way; russian propaganda? that makes you sound like a sheltered moron. there's not a person at any agency on the front line of any depressed city thinking about "russian propaganda." beyond stupid.

Sorry that your St Louis experience was so terrible. I've lived in Minneapolis for the past 25 years and it's amazing (except for weather that you get used to).

I'll go back home to Bedford and yikes, can't do it for more than a week. That's coming from a kid that is a proud BNL star (especially during the Damon years).

But to answer your question, higher density areas are going to have more crime. That's simple math.

The real question is why do higher density areas tend to prefer democratic leaders? I mean those cities tend to be more diverse but they also tend to be higher educated (as that's where most fortune 500 companies are at, obviously).

Sorry that your St Louis experience was so terrible. I've lived in Minneapolis for the past 25 years and it's amazing (except for weather that you get used to).

I'll go back home to Bedford and yikes, can't do it for more than a week. That's coming from a kid that is a proud BNL star (especially during the Damon years).

But to answer your question, higher density areas are going to have more crime. That's simple math.

The real question is why do higher density areas tend to prefer democratic leaders? I mean those cities tend to be more diverse but they also tend to be higher educated (as that's where most fortune 500 companies are at, obviously).
yeah the nhoods here that are "safe" with a good school district are no longer worth the expense really. for lots of reasons, including being able to work from anywhere, we're in the process of moving in the next year. even our neighborhood we hear car alarms every night with car break-ins. it's just gotten out of control. my best bud worked for a company called peoplesoft and spent years on assignment in minneapolis. he absolutely loved it there.

that's a loaded question in many ways. in the city of saint louis the people with money have long fled the city owing to the school district and crime. we still have a number of old fortune 500 companies downtown but we've been losing companies and at 5:00 everyone rushes out of the city back to the burbs. here the people with the highest education and money live in the county not the denser city.

to answer your question it's purely personal opinion with massive generalizing but i think democrats are more caring empathetic people and that’s why they continue to get elected in these places. and i think this is a blessing and a curse. the execs and prosecutors just aren't hard enough in prosecuting repeat offenders. the rich republicans in the suburbs (ladue that own all the companies here and are execs) don't give a shit about the high crime poor people in the city unless and until there's shootings at "our malls," etc. if i were "king for a day" what i would do in these blighted, high crime areas is triple the police. not defund the police. triple the police. i'd leave all the petty drug stuff alone and prosecute the living shit out of any violent crime with no probation breaks. then i'd dump tons into the education system and support services in these areas.

any city with massive flight points to a combo of these things: poor schools, high crime, and/or high cost of living. the sunday paper headline that says "homicide city" isn't good for attracting people or business either. It’s how a place goes from 900,000 to 300,000 residents.

rant over.

Last edited:
Would Democrats really be that resistant to a Coney Barrett nomination? Every woman nominated to the supreme court turns into a liberal moonbat anyway. Kagan and Sotomayor were batsh*t at the outset. But even once reasonable justices like O'Connor and RBG end up going completely off the reservation.

Would Democrats really be that resistant to a Coney Barrett nomination? Every woman nominated to the supreme court turns into a liberal moonbat anyway. Kagan and Sotomayor were batsh*t at the outset. But even once reasonable justices like O'Connor and RBG end up going completely off the reservation.
Well come on, we know all women are hysterical anyway, don’t we? Lol. And to answer your question, yes women absolutely would be upset.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Go away please.

Reactions: T.M.P.
yeah the nhoods here that are "safe" with a good school district are no longer worth the expense really. for lots of reasons, including being able to work from anywhere, we're in the process of moving in the next year. even our neighborhood we hear car alarms every night with car break-ins. it's just gotten out of control. my best bud worked for a company called peoplesoft and spent years on assignment in minneapolis. he absolutely loved it there.

that's a loaded question in many ways. in the city of saint louis the people with money have long fled the city owing to the school district and crime. we still have a number of old fortune 500 companies downtown but we've been losing companies and at 5:00 everyone rushes out of the city back to the burbs. here the people with the highest education and money live in the county not the denser city.

to answer your question it's purely personal opinion with massive generalizing but i think democrats are more caring empathetic people and that’s why they continue to get elected in these places. and i think this is a blessing and a curse. the execs and prosecutors just aren't hard enough in prosecuting repeat offenders. the rich republicans in the suburbs (ladue that own all the companies here and are execs) don't give a shit about the high crime poor people in the city unless and until there's shootings at "our malls," etc. if i were "king for a day" what i would do in these blighted, high crime areas is triple the police. not defund the police. triple the police. i'd leave all the petty drug stuff alone and prosecute the living shit out of any violent crime with no probation breaks. then i'd dump tons into the education system and support services in these areas.

any city with massive flight points to a combo of these things: poor schools, high crime, and/or high cost of living. the sunday paper headline that says "homicide city" isn't good for attracting people or business either. It’s how a place goes from 900,000 to 300,000 residents.

rant over.

Did the Budweiser sale to InBev have an affect? We noticed a difference in attitude about public relations and civic responsibility at the Fort Collins Bud brewery after the sale.

Did the Budweiser sale to InBev have an affect? We noticed a difference in attitude about public relations at the Fort Collins Bud brewery after the sale.
well billy busch had to leave his 9th floor office and placard that read "professional polo player." lol
it did have some affect. it's just been a parade of horribles. there's a lot that has led to the demise. poor leadership. poor school districts. crime. an earnings tax. at&T leaving. the perception of the rams leaving. AB being sold. on and on.

in fairness for the first time in some time effort is being made. there's an mls team coming. a new aquarium. stl union station has new offerings. effort is being made. just need to get crime, real and the perception of same, under control.

Last edited:
Did the Budweiser sale to InBev have an affect? We noticed a difference in attitude about public relations and civic responsibility at the Fort Collins Bud brewery after the sale.
What is the Fort Collins Bud Brewery? is it an actual brewery or a distributorship?

But TMP, who probably only leaves his apartment in FtW to get his dope, has a much better grasp on things lol...

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
Susan Collins says she does not favor holding a vote before the election.

What she does not say is whether or not she would vote in favor of a nominee before the election. She's trying to have it both ways.

I don’t get it. The government can’t stop just cuz people are going to vote. Maybe collins is concerned because she is in a tough campaign. I say TS, do your job, and let the chips fall.

SDO was a solid justice. She was as apolitical as they come. I sat through an entire day’s argument back in the early 90’s and she rocked the place in all three cases. That day she was better than Scalia and Rehnquist.

If you did it would have been totally out of character.

My search skilz on this site suck. I'll look for @TheOriginalHappyGoat or @cosmickid or @sglowrider to find a relevant post.

I can find nothing from the time. In 2019 he said McConnell was wrong in 2016 Of course McConnell being wrong does not change the facts on the ground, the GOP literally stole a seat.

He did accuse the Democrats of opposing Garland, https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/t...cal-keep-lying-to-yourself.173235/post-2493336

ADVERTISEMENT