ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers to open Big Ten (Fri.)

Rutgers wins 2-1 with a pair of 2nd half goals. Off the top of my head, this is the first home Big Ten loss in 4 or 5 years. These Hoosiers not looking good.

• Sad
Reactions: hookyIU1990
For the moment this team doesn't look like IU, especially in back and up the spine. Super low awareness, poor position and movement off ball, average ball-winning, and effort seems weirdly casual with low signs of chemistry and many support players playing way outside their skill sets causing disastrous giveaways, and frequently surrendering possession for low reward. Ouch.

Way too early to read much into it,. I'm hoping it's just all the fresh blood in key spots. Will be interesting to see how coach works through it.

Reactions: GeddyHoosier
I haven’t seen 1 minute of this team live or on TV, so I’m just speculating what Is going on. Sure Bezerra missed the first 5 games and hasn’t got into rhythm yet and who knows how Glass is doing coming off that broken leg. But I wonder if it’s more mental than anything else. this squad played until mid May last year with a crushing loss to Marshall in the title game. Couple that with almost no off season and I just wonder if the mental toughness isn’t there yet. Hopefully the guys will get that swag back and go on a good run soon, but when I read observations like Cannonfolk’s above, I just conclude that it’s a mental toughness issue.

I haven’t seen 1 minute of this team live or on TV, so I’m just speculating what Is going on. Sure Bezerra missed the first 5 games and hasn’t got into rhythm yet and who knows how Glass is doing coming off that broken leg. But I wonder if it’s more mental than anything else. this squad played until mid May last year with a crushing loss to Marshall in the title game. Couple that with almost no off season and I just wonder if the mental toughness isn’t there yet. Hopefully the guys will get that swag back and go on a good run soon, but when I read observations like Cannonfolk’s above, I just conclude that it’s a mental toughness issue.
Sounds about right to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT