ADVERTISEMENT

"Russia Trying to Stoke U.S. Racial Tensions Before Election"

DrHoops

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2001
Interesting article from the March 20th NY Times:

Russian intelligence services are trying to incite violence by white supremacist groups to sow chaos in the United States, American intelligence officials said.

The Russian government has stepped up efforts to inflame racial tensions in the United States as part of its bid to influence November’s presidential election, including trying to incite violence by white supremacist groups and to stoke anger among African-Americans, according to seven American officials briefed on recent intelligence.

The Russian intelligence services took note of the divisive nature of the 2017 white supremacist march in Charlottesville, Va., which led to the death of a counterprotester, and concluded that promoting hate groups was the most effective method of sowing discord in the United States, according to American intelligence reports described by the officials.
Gee, what a coincidence. When are we going to make Russia pay for this crap? I understand it's difficult with a Russian stooge in office, but this kind of thing is just short of an act of war.

Interesting article from the March 20th NY Times:

Russian intelligence services are trying to incite violence by white supremacist groups to sow chaos in the United States, American intelligence officials said.
The Russian government has stepped up efforts to inflame racial tensions in the United States as part of its bid to influence November’s presidential election, including trying to incite violence by white supremacist groups and to stoke anger among African-Americans, according to seven American officials briefed on recent intelligence.
The Russian intelligence services took note of the divisive nature of the 2017 white supremacist march in Charlottesville, Va., which led to the death of a counterprotester, and concluded that promoting hate groups was the most effective method of sowing discord in the United States, according to American intelligence reports described by the officials.
Gee, what a coincidence. When are we going to make Russia pay for this crap? I understand it's difficult with a Russian stooge in office, but this kind of thing is just short of an act of war.
I saw a report that most of the people who were protesting or rioting, whatever you want to call it in Kenosha were white. It would not surprise me if someone saw a great opportunity to get headlines because we know who will be blamed regardless of who caused it.

I saw a report that most of the people who were protesting or rioting, whatever you want to call it in Kenosha were white. It would not surprise me if someone saw a great opportunity to get headlines because we know who will be blamed regardless of who caused it.

It’s important to distinguish between protesters and rioters. One group is rioting, one group isn’t. Republicans won’t make the distinction, but that’s what separates us from the simpletons.

Reactions: sglowrider
Not surprised at all to see this. There are many on this board that will fall for it & turn any discussion into one about race. They’ll claim some moral high ground but it appears they’re just suckers fanning the flames. Are there real issues, of course, but when there are no tangible goals behind the discord, we’ll, it’s what we have now. We’ll probably find out at some point Russia is organizing the BLM “protests”

Not surprised at all to see this. There are many on this board that will fall for it & turn any discussion into one about race. They’ll claim some moral high ground but it appears they’re just suckers fanning the flames. Are there real issues, of course, but when there are no tangible goals behind the discord, we’ll, it’s what we have now. We’ll probably find out at some point Russia is organizing the BLM “protests”

Russia has been involved in social media on all sides of the race issue. Mueller noted it in his report. And we know from Ferguson that Russia was involved in trying to create protests. It is nothing new.

Reactions: sglowrider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT