ADVERTISEMENT

Running thread on testimony?

zeke4ahs

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2003
Jim Jordan trying to stop before it even starts. He’s shameful.

So basically only strategy of Republicans is to cut down Cohen . But we already know all this. What would his motivation be to lie at this point? Bad sadly for Republicans, he has receipts.

Cohen: I'm not a bad man. I just worked for a complete racist, liar, and overall scumbag and lied for him for years, and also I committed perjury. But I'm here because I love the country and my father was a Holocaust survivor.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
Cohen: I'm not a bad man. I just worked for a complete racist, liar, and overall scumbag and lied for him for years, and also I committed perjury. But I'm here because I love the country and my father was a Holocaust survivor.

Looks like you’ve finished pattying up those nothingburgers.

Trump is a lying conman and Cohen is also a bad person. Both can be true.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaxCoke
That’s pretty much how gangsters get put away...you know that right?

So basically only strategy of Republicans is to cut down Cohen . But we already know all this. What would his motivation be to lie at this point? Bad sadly for Republicans, he has receipts.
You should never accuse someone of being untrustworthy when talking about someone finances. The immediate response should be that you sir are correct and you should subpoena all of t-rumps finances that I refer to and Alan
Weisselberg for verification.

How they can keep talking about how no one can trust him because he lies. Yet they expect anyone to believe Trump?

Reactions: hootch1
Cohen may not be a very good lawyer, but he's good enough for this.
What little I've seen/heard, he seems to be holding his own quite well. Answering directly, not dissembling, making no excuses, and pushing back well when the Pubs get crazy.

That statement can be made by most anyone working for this WH right now, I’d be willing to bet.

Maybe it would be a solid idea to not plagerize or perhaps just use citations. Ben Shapiro tweeted out your exact text at 11:02 this morning.

Looks like the daily download went out successfully.

robot-typing-on-a-computer-keyboard-automation-and-ai-research-concept-G6N9E4.jpg

It is very doubtful that anyone is going to learn anything new about Donald Trump at this testimony. Did you think Trump was willing to play fast and loose in his business deals? Did it never occur to you, even once, during the 2016 primary campaign that Trump was running simply to raise his media profile? Were you, at any point, shocked at the thought that Trump might have had one or more mistresses or that he paid them to shut up? Does the idea of Donald Trump using derogatory language toward any race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation leave you gobsmacked? I would say, whether you like him or hate him, that you all answered the questions the same way. None of this is to say this makes his behavior either excusable or worthy of emulation but neither is anything in it so shocking that a Trump voter now would say, "if only I'd known this..."

Cohen testified that he’s never been to Prague?

Whoops. So much for the Steele dossier.
No. That’s not how that works Guy Who Doesn’t Know How Intel works.

The dossier should never have been released to the public because it’s raw intel. Intel is not always right and has to be corroborated before facts are made clear. Because the world is imperfect, this doesn’t always happen and good decision makers know when to trust their gut and when not to.

If one or more bullets of the dossier of raw intel is shown to be uncorroborated, the whole thing is not invalidated.

I'll play...

"Trump BAD!"

Thanks, Congress.
Democrats: What crimes do you know that Trump has been involved with?
GOP: We don’t care what Trump did, what did Cohen do.
The sad thing is, most Republicans could care less what Trump has done. Trying to say Cohen can’t be believed because he lied, mainly for Trump. Yet they don’t care why he lied and they think Trump is still believable, even though he is a chronic liar. Not a good look. They don’t care. Just covering for Trump.

Cohen testified that he’s never been to Prague?

Whoops. So much for the Steele dossier.
Lol. You aren’t that simple minded, I know. The large majority of the dossier has already been proven true.

If one or more bullets of the dossier of raw intel is shown to be uncorroborated, the whole thing is not invalidated.
In fact, a number of its points have been corroborated. That's why so many are quick to point to those that haven't been.

It is very doubtful that anyone is going to learn anything new about Donald Trump at this testimony. Did you think Trump was willing to play fast and loose in his business deals? Did it never occur to you, even once, during the 2016 primary campaign that Trump was running simply to raise his media profile? Were you, at any point, shocked at the thought that Trump might have had one or more mistresses or that he paid them to shut up? Does the idea of Donald Trump using derogatory language toward any race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation leave you gobsmacked? I would say, whether you like him or hate him, that you all answered the questions the same way. None of this is to say this makes his behavior either excusable or worthy of emulation but neither is anything in it so shocking that a Trump voter now would say, "if only I'd known this..."
I guess I have to say that I didn’t know he’d actually participated in criminal activity in the WH. He also testified that he would have known about Jr Russian meeting, talked to Stone about WikiLeaks . But we all know there’s NOTHING that could happen to convince a Trump voter to say that. He knew he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue.

ADVERTISEMENT