ADVERTISEMENT

Rudy

No, hell no. Not Sean Astin. The other Rudy.

I actually like Rudy. I don't agree with him on everything. But he was a good mayor. Even Michael Franzese who was once an enemy of Rudy said he was a very good mayor in NYC. This story seems like a political witch hunt. The Democrats ie Leftists who hate our system of government, are attacking anyone who has different views. It is not enough to just tolerate your opponent. Now you have to put them in prison by any means necessary. They didn't like Kavanaugh and got Blasey Ford to lie about him. And that is exactly what it was. She completely made up all the charges against him. Why did she do it? It is because Trump wanted to put him on the court.

I actually like Rudy. I don't agree with him on everything. But he was a good mayor. Even Michael Franzese who was once an enemy of Rudy said he was a very good mayor in NYC. This story seems like a political witch hunt. The Democrats ie Leftists who hate our system of government, are attacking anyone who has different views. It is not enough to just tolerate your opponent. Now you have to put them in prison by any means necessary. They didn't like Kavanaugh and got Blasey Ford to lie about him. And that is exactly what it was. She completely made up all the charges against him. Why did she do it? It is because Trump wanted to put him on the court.
Do you have any Democrats or liberals in your congregation?

Do you have any knowledge what qualifications a lawyer must have to practice law in a federal court? (Hint -- Poor Rudy's state qualifications were suspended recently.)

Or, you could just trust the Mafia guy you cited.

Do you have any knowledge what qualifications a lawyer must have to practice law in a federal court? (Hint -- Poor Rudy's state qualifications were suspended recently.)

Or, you could just trust the Mafia guy you cited.
He's not a mafia guy anymore. He was in Cosa Nostra when Rudy tried to put him in prison. I realize he was suspended. I just question why he was suspended.

As a general rule, it's usually a good practice to have at least some idea of what you're talking about before you post. As the linked article indicates, this is about the suspension of Giuliani's law license. It has nothing to do with criminal prosecution and jail time.

Lawyers are bound by codes of professional conduct. Communicating "demonstrably false and misleading statements to courts, lawmakers and the public at large" will get you suspended (or disbarred) in any jurisdiction.

Giuliani was, in fact, an excellent mayor. Before that, he was a respected federal prosecutor with many high-profile cases involving members of organized crime and corrupt politicians. Somewhere along the line, though, he lost the ability to tell the truth and now, sadly, he's more like the punks he used to prosecute than the esteemed prosecutor that he was. He's become almost a caricature of himself. That was never more evident than when he was filmed, in the Borat movie, lying on a hotel bed with his hand down his pants, anticipating he was about to get laid by a woman half his age.

Like Trump, he blew off his marriage vows, and has been married and divorced three times. Like Trump, his lies are big, bold and brazen. Like Trump, he is the antithesis of morality and decency. Yet you probably think he was anointed by God to represent the man anointed by God to be the 45th president. Heaven help us.

As a general rule, it's usually a good practice to have at least some idea of what you're talking about before you post. As the linked article indicates, this is about the suspension of Giuliani's law license. It has nothing to do with criminal prosecution and jail time.

Lawyers are bound by codes of professional conduct. Communicating "demonstrably false and misleading statements to courts, lawmakers and the public at large" will get you suspended (or disbarred) in any jurisdiction.

Giuliani was, in fact, an excellent mayor. Before that, he was a respected federal prosecutor with many high-profile cases involving members of organized crime and corrupt politicians. Somewhere along the line, though, he lost the ability to tell the truth and now, sadly, he's more like the punks he used to prosecute than the esteemed prosecutor that he was. He's become almost a caricature of himself. That was never more evident than when he was filmed, in the Borat movie, lying on a hotel bed with his hand down his pants, anticipating he was about to get laid by a woman half his age.

Like Trump, he blew off his marriage vows, and has been married and divorced three times. Like Trump, his lies are big, bold and brazen. Like Trump, he is the antithesis of morality and decency. Yet you probably think he was anointed by God to represent the man anointed by God to be the 45th president. Heaven help us.
Just FYI, while you think Van may be crazy for thinking Trump may not be annointed by God because of philandering, you might want to read about David in the Bible.

Sent Bathsheba's husband out to be killed in battle. I don't think Trump did anything quite that brazen to get a woman.

But, I forgot - leftists on here know what God thinks and wants. They are experts on the Bible and Christian beliefs, even though they ridicule anyone who discusses it.

Reactions: Indianaftw
Just FYI, while you think Van may be crazy for thinking Trump may not be annointed by God because of philandering, you might want to read about David in the Bible.

Sent Bathsheba's husband out to be killed in battle. I don't think Trump did anything quite that brazen to get a woman.

But, I forgot - leftists on here know what God thinks and wants. They are experts on the Bible and Christian beliefs, even though they ridicule anyone who discusses it.
Lying again, Danny. "Thou shalt not bear false witness" is one of the Ten Commandments, you know.

I'm not ridiculing VPM for his Christian beliefs. (I'm Christian myself). I'm challenging him on his stupid political commentary.

And your King David/Trump comparison is utter nonsense. After his wicked deed, David asked God for mercy, begged for forgiveness, repented of his sins, and promised he would obey God's commandments in the future. Trump, on the other hand, has denied ever asking God for forgiveness. "Why do I have to repent or ask for forgiveness if I'm not making mistakes?" he famously remarked a few years back.

Please spare us your theological "insights." You've probably opened a Bible about as many times as Trump has.

Last edited:
Lying again, Danny. "Thou shalt not bear false witness" is one of the Ten Commandments, you know.

I'm not ridiculing VPM for his religious beliefs. I'm challenging him on his stupid political commentary.

And your King David/Trump comparison is utter nonsense. After his wicked deed, David asked God for mercy, begged for forgiveness, repented of his sins, and promised he would obey God's commandments in the future. Trump, on the other hand, has denied ever asking God for forgiveness. "Why do I have to repent or ask for forgiveness if I'm not making mistakes?" he famously remarked a few years back.

Please spare us your theological "insights." You've probably opened a Bible about as many times as Trump has.
Oh no, of course, you'd never ridicule him for religious beliefs..... do you think you're fooling anyone?

As for Trump, you seem to know for a fact all his transgressions. Yet, all you know is what CNN and MSNBC tell you.

You really are transparent.

Oh no, of course, you'd never ridicule him for religious beliefs..... do you think you're fooling anyone?

As for Trump, you seem to know for a fact all his transgressions. Yet, all you know is what CNN and MSNBC tell you.

You really are transparent.
You honestly can't help yourself with your unending bullshit, can you? It is really quite remarkable how you pivot, deflect, move the goalposts, set up strawmen, and just pull stuff out of your ass. Now it's "You seem to know for a fact all [Trump's] transgressions." No one argued this, it's irrelevant to the point I was making, and no one would be foolish enough to make such a claim - - who can count that high? What I do know is that your Donald Trump/King David analogy is hilariously absurd for the reasons I've already stated. Trump's quote about not needing to ask for forgiveness is easy to find in left, center and conservative media, although it may not have been covered by your favorite far-right propaganda outlets.

"King" Trump's a POS, Rudy's not much better, and you're a classic example of blind partisanship to such an extent that you don't know your ass from your elbow. It can't be easy being you.

Reactions: DrHoops and The Vid
You honestly can't help yourself with your unending bullshit, can you? It is really quite remarkable how you pivot, deflect, move the goalposts, set up strawmen, and just pull stuff out of your ass. Now it's "You seem to know for a fact all [Trump's] transgressions." No one argued this, it's irrelevant to the point I was making, and no one would be foolish enough to make such a claim - - who can count that high? What I do know is that your Donald Trump/King David analogy is hilariously absurd for the reasons I've already stated. Trump's quote about not needing to ask for forgiveness is easy to find in left, center and conservative media, although it may not have been covered by your favorite far-right propaganda outlets.

"King" Trump's a POS, Rudy's not much better, and you're a classic example of blind partisanship to such an extent that you don't know your ass from your elbow. It can't be easy being you.
Is that really raising the level of discourse here when you call someone a "POS" and going on some rant about knowing one's "ass" from your elbow?

Reactions: Crayfish57
Whutabout
That's not a whatabout, unless you thought your original comment that the church contained sinners was some kind of insult, in which case, forgive me, but you are, in fact, an idiot.

(There's that insult I can't avoid!)

But, no, I think the general consensus is that we are all sinners, so your need to point out that Democrats are sinners is, well, stupid. I was hoping that wasn't what you were doing, because I was hoping you weren't that, you know, stupid, but this last post makes it clear that's exactly what you were doing.

Because you're stupid.

And an idiot.

Did I get enough insults in for you? Can you report this one, yet? Idiot?

That's not a whatabout, unless you thought your original comment that the church contained sinners was some kind of insult, in which case, forgive me, but you are, in fact, an idiot.

(There's that insult I can't avoid!)

But, no, I think the general consensus is that we are all sinners, so your need to point out that Democrats are sinners is, well, stupid. I was hoping that wasn't what you were doing, because I was hoping you weren't that, you know, stupid, but this last post makes it clear that's exactly what you were doing.

Because you're stupid.

And an idiot.

Did I get enough insults in for you? Can you report this one, yet? Idiot?
Yep! Just did.

Yep! Just did.
Let me give you some help. I have been trying for days to engage you honestly and up-front and in good faith as a human being, and at every turn, you have demonstrated your insistence on remaining an obnoxious asshole.

The presence of Democrats is not evidence that a church contains sinners, jackass. The presence of Christians is evidence that a church contains sinners. If you can't grasp this simple basic fact that is the center of the Christian religion, then you are truly lost.

Let me give you some help. I have been trying for days to engage you honestly and up-front and in good faith as a human being, and at every turn, you have demonstrated your insistence on remaining an obnoxious asshole.

The presence of Democrats is not evidence that a church contains sinners, jackass. The presence of Christians is evidence that a church contains sinners. If you can't grasp this simple basic fact that is the center of the Christian religion, then you are truly lost.
Sure, you've been trying. You've mocked me in every post and act like you're the arbiter of what makes a good discussion.

As for your last paragraph, you've lost it. Or are drunk. I'm guessing the latter. Go sleep it off.

Sure, you've been trying. You've mocked me in every post and act like you're the arbiter of what makes a good discussion.

As for your last paragraph, you've lost it. Or are drunk. I'm guessing the latter. Go sleep it off.
I haven't mocked you at all. I've politely sidestepped your mocking and tried to explain to you why you were ruining the forum. Now, I've reached my limit. You deserve mocking. Now that I have failed my long-standing attempt to treat everyone with respect, even those that don't deserve it, I will say good night to you sir!

But don't delude yourself into thinking I have been mocking or attacking you at all. I made an effort. You did not. Piss off.

Is that really raising the level of discourse here when you call someone a "POS" and going on some rant about knowing one's "ass" from your elbow?
I don't recall making promises about raising the level of discourse but, with the exception of my comments to you, crayfish (who I've stopped engaging with because this is way too much for him) and Mas, I'm substantive and respectful.

In any event, "ass" is accepted in polite society if it's not followed by "hole." But holding off on that second syllable is a real challenge when it comes to conversations with you.

I haven't mocked you at all. I've politely sidestepped your mocking and tried to explain to you why you were ruining the forum. Now, I've reached my limit. You deserve mocking. Now that I have failed my long-standing attempt to treat everyone with respect, even those that don't deserve it, I will say good night to you sir!

But don't delude yourself into thinking I have been mocking or attacking you at all. I made an effort. You did not. Piss off.
Your self-awareness is zero. You have no idea how condescending you are.

You made zero effort. And if it's getting you this upset, please put me on ignore.

I don't recall making promises about raising the level of discourse but, with the exception of my comments to you, crayfish (who I've stopped engaging with because this is way too much for him) and Mas, I'm substantive and respectful.

In any event, "ass" is accepted in polite society if it's not followed by "hole." But holding off on that second syllable is a real challenge when it comes to conversations with you.
Pick any name you might want to call someone who is pissing you off and type it in the Search box above. Most of the recent results will be from Danc. He doesn't care about raising the level of discourse. He just doesn't want people to shovel at him the same shit he enjoys shoveling at others.

Pick any name you might want to call someone who is pissing you off and type it in the Search box above. Most of the recent results will be from Danc. He doesn't care about raising the level of discourse. He just doesn't want people to shovel at him the same shit he enjoys shoveling at others.
Pot, meet kettle.

ADVERTISEMENT