ADVERTISEMENT

RPI

CrazyHands

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2011
I know it’s early, but dropping 24 spots to #46 seems a little harsh after a win. Scheduling is so crucial.

I know it’s early, but dropping 24 spots to #46 seems a little harsh after a win. Scheduling is so crucial.
Yeah, we are seeing a lot of movement in the RPI early on. Baseball powerhouses Kent St (8-5) and Illinois St (8-7) are 13th and 14th, respectively. It has a lot to do with how your opponents on your schedule are doing.

IMO, this is a screwed-up system, on a logical basis.

I understand the goal is to penalize good teams playing bad teams at home. This is too drastic, imo.

There should be a significant penalty for playing teams like W. Illinois and N. Illinois and LOSING. So.....if we choose to play W. Illinois 3 games at home and lose 1, we should be penalized. There should not be a significant penalty for playing these teams and winning. Instead, the result of defeating these teams should be a very small +. You can adjust the #s as you please. The point is that the threat of losing should be the disincentive.

It also seems backassward to me to give teams a higher RPI merely for PLAYING good teams on the road. Early on we were seeing no-name teams with 2-9 records in the top 50 based on their scheduling only. Again, there should always be some penalty for losing, which can be small depending on the circumstances.

I do agree with taking margin of victory out of the equation.

It evens out. We were 2nd for seemingly no reason at all about a week ago.

We always play Kentucky and Louisville later in the season so that helps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT