ADVERTISEMENT

Rounding out the 2021 Class

I don’t disagree with you on Franklin but the comment that we didn’t need both Leal and Galloway is absurd
Getting both Leal and Galloway reminds me of IU getting Coverdale and Hornsby. Both heady type players. IU really needs some get in your face players.

That’s not how the world works kid. There’s not always a link to an article written yesterday to defend every fact.

When a coach starts very slow their first 3 years more often than not they’re not around too long. That’s just common knowledge. The clock is running out.
This is Indiana, making millionaires out of average coach’s

Reactions: fpeaugh
I don’t know anything about Kaufman but a recruit ranked 97th is likely not a game changer either way.

Lots of Big Ten players ranked 97th or worse have indeed been game changers. Wisconsin has lived off of that for 20 years. Big Ten guys like Teske, Livers, Poole, Anunoby, Morgan, Gasser, Kaminsky, C. Edwards, Craft just to name a few game changers.

Your comment is off the mark.

That’s not how the world works kid. There’s not always a link to an article written yesterday to defend every fact.

When a coach starts very slow their first 3 years more often than not they’re not around too long. That’s just common knowledge. The clock is running out.

You mentioned "facts". Now back up your assertion with actual facts.

Lots of Big Ten players ranked 97th or worse have indeed been game changers. Wisconsin has lived off of that for 20 years. Big Ten guys like Teske, Livers, Poole, Anunoby, Morgan, Gasser, Kaminsky, C. Edwards, Craft just to name a few game changers.

Your comment is off the mark.
No one said there’s not anomalies. That’s why I said “likely”. Catch up.

You say that because you are lazy. There is no articles? A quick look on google and Wikipedia will tell you there are plenty of coaches in their first 3 years are similar if not worse than Miller’s that are still coaching at the same school. Oh and not everyone is a kid who needs to wake up.
Do you know what an anomaly is? And how statistics work?

Lol. You could say he’s top 50 also. You just love to say Rivals is actual relevant. They are literally the last to update rankings. Kaufman isn’t ranked 97 anymore.
I don’t cherry pick. I always use the rankings on this site. Why would you not? Unless to fit your bias?

Carsen Edwards, Juwan Morgan, OG Anunoby and Victor Oladipo all say hi.

And you know damn well, if we lose Kaufman to Purdue, you'll be all over this board critical of CAM's recruiting.
Probabilities kid...probabilities.

And I’ll never criticize Archie or any coach for losing a recruit outside the top 50. I just don’t care.

Facts are facts

STATE those facts and BACK THEM UP. Otherwise it is just your demented ramblings such as Dovovan was in Bloomington and Lander going to UL.

On that subject, why won't you admit how wrong you were about Lander? I would guess you are too arrogant.

If everyone would just put this fpaugh guy on ignore, you make his nonsense disappear. He is not an IU fan. Try ignoring him, hit the refresh button and see if it doesn't make this thread a whole lot better. :)

Regarding TJD, word on other sites is that hopefully we get to keep him this year, but that isn't for sure. Maybe this isn't suppose to be shared, but at a couple of NBA teams are interested in him this year. While TJD is "saying" he will be back for next season, the NBA possibility is still on the table.

If everyone would just put this fpaugh guy on ignore, you make his nonsense disappear. He is not an IU fan. Try ignoring him, hit the refresh button and see if it doesn't make this thread a whole lot better. :)

Regarding TJD, word on other sites is that hopefully we get to keep him this year, but that isn't for sure. Maybe this isn't suppose to be shared, but at a couple of NBA teams are interested in him this year. While TJD is "saying" he will be back for next season, the NBA possibility is still on the table.
If you are not a first round pick, your chances of sticking with a team get smaller and smaller. Not even all later first round picks make the cut. He needs to stay a least one more year and probably two more years to develop a reliable mid-range shot. At his size he needs to better diversify his offensive game. I’d hate to see him become an NBA journeyman and out of the league in a couple of years, if he gets to that level at all.

If you’re consistent with one ranking service how can you be biased? This is really basic kiddo.
Same could be said for virtually everyone else too. 90% of scouting news funnels through 247. 247 has taken over recruiting news so much even ESPN gave up. You just use Rivals because you always have. Most people stopped using Rivals because they have fallen so far behind. For example the ticker at the bottom of ESPN just had Brown to Texas. “He is the #9 ranked player according to 247 sports”. Notice it didn’t say,”according to Rivals”?

Last edited:
Same could be said for virtually everyone else too. 90% of scouting news funnels through 247. 247 has taken over recruiting news so much even ESPN gave up. You just use Rivals because you always have. Most people stopped using Rivals because they have fallen so far behind. For example the ticker at the bottom of ESPN just had Brown to Texas. “He is the #9 ranked player according to 247 sports”. Notice it didn’t say,”according to Rivals”?
Sorry the facts don’t agree with your opinion.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.el...-recruiting-services-is-the-most-accurate?amp

Our needs could change if TJD has a strong year and leaves early.

Kaufman is very important for a bunch of reasons, but softening the potential “blow” of TJD leaving after this year is right up there as the top reason.

If Kaufman does sign, then I’d say a perimeter scorer/shooter would be at the top of the remaining needs list. Then another big or two.

All in all, I like where we’re sitting.
Kaufman is important but his rating is similar to Justin Smith. He'd be an important 3 yr player but not a frosh phenom. Which is fine. That's how a program is built yr in and yr out to be great

Reactions: birdforbogey
Honestly, I've never thought this years class made sense. Lander coming early fixes 1 need, but I don't think we should have tied up 3 more spots on wings with Franklin, Anderson and Durham already on board. I think 2 wings and a big or PG made much more sense and could have started the replacement process for Davis, Brunk and possibly TJD. I like what I've heard on all 3 recruits, so I'm not sure who I would have dropped, but that's not my job. To me should have been either Leal or Galloway, but not both. It's one of the reasons I sort of expected Anderson to xfer.
Archie's model is functionally 1 PG, 1 big, 3 wings (can play the 2 thru 4)

Getting both Leal and Galloway reminds me of IU getting Coverdale and Hornsby. Both heady type players. IU really needs some get in your face players.
I said that a couple weeks ago on insidethehall but I said coverdale and fife. 2 "fight you in the ally" big, nasty guards. I like it!

Reactions: Tru2Irish
Kaufman is important but his rating is similar to Justin Smith. He'd be an important 3 yr player but not a frosh phenom. Which is fine. That's how a program is built yr in and yr out to be great

Ratings aren’t everything but if you’re fixated on it, Kaufman will be a top 50 recruit once it’s all said and done.

Quit responding to his negative posts. He just wants to aggravate and seek attention.

Reactions: jet812
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT