ADVERTISEMENT

Rough Day To Be A Spartan

I feel dirty just reading that article.

A statue of Dantonio...... I remember how they honored him after the IU game. It was disgusting.

The media is laughable on these things. If you win, nobody really writes much about this. It’s all kept in the background. He’s a great coach and is wearing his pink ribbon to support rape victims month.

That is as long as you are winning. Once you have some losses, the press smells blood and this stuff comes front and center. You win, you are good to go.

The media is laughable on these things. If you win, nobody really writes much about this. It’s all kept in the background. He’s a great coach and is wearing his pink ribbon to support rape victims month.

That is as long as you are winning. Once you have some losses, the press smells blood and this stuff comes front and center. You win, you are good to go.
I don't think this is true in this case. The Detroit Free Press has been all over this since it broke - and pissed off a lot of MSU supporters in the process who think this is all "fake news". Without the DFP this would have been buried never to see the light of day, and Blackwell would have been scapegoated as responsible for the whole mess. As it stands, the story cost both the AD and the President of the University their jobs.

The problem is, the big money donors like the way Dantonio and Izzo win. They're perfectly willing to let the administration shoulder the blame entirely to protect the guys who bring home the titles. Nothing short of a confession from those two (which ain't gonna happen) would be enough to cause the faithful to turn on them.

3m1lc1.jpg

Reactions: DANC
Seems as though the negatives far outweigh the positives of having MSU as a B1G institution. How many more stories do we need to read about criminal athletes in East Lansing?

As long as the coaches, the Teflon Dons, continue to put on a good face and hold their “we love women and support them” press conferences, they are golden.

This stuff just goes away.

I feel dirty just reading that article.

A statue of Dantonio...... I remember how they honored him after the IU game. It was disgusting.

Just to let the victims know how M$U really feels about them... : they're about to pay Dantonio a $4.3 million "retention bonus" (which either kicks in today or tomorrow)... //$cum//

By and large the media, in sports or in politics, are like jackals who will only come out to feed on a carcass when all danger has passed.

Dantonio and Izzo are both untouchable for some reason.
They are both hypocrites who cares about nothing but winning,at all costs.

Delany & the BTN is really disgusting in this regard.......

And I'm not talking about supporting Izzo, or Dantonio or Paterno.....if you want to either support them or crucify them, go ahead, I don't care.

But what they did in the Paterno case was effectively support him (by hushing up), until it became clear that he was a dead man walking, and then turn on him with PC viciousness. If/when the weight of public opinion became unbearable, they would stop being best buds with Izzo & Dantonio and start being critical & self-righteous.

Delany & the BTN is really disgusting in this regard.......

And I'm not talking about supporting Izzo, or Dantonio or Paterno.....if you want to either support them or crucify them, go ahead, I don't care.

But what they did in the Paterno case was effectively support him (by hushing up), until it became clear that he was a dead man walking, and then turn on him with PC viciousness. If/when the weight of public opinion became unbearable, they would stop being best buds with Izzo & Dantonio and start being critical & self-righteous.

Delaney cannot leave soon enough. That guy is corrupt.

Oh, by the way, the guy gets a $20 million retirement package.

Reactions: jsenleo
Most likely...

That move Really baffles me...
Hopefully he's just a rubber stamp to add some legitimacy to the inevitable stupid choice.

It it's Dolson, I've given my last dollar to the VC, except for the minimum.

Reactions: 76-1
Delaney was done January 1. Kevin Warren is the Big Ten Commissioner.

Well.....he can’t leave sooner than enough.. The fact that guy is part of our search committee is beyond absurd.

I bet that bald bastard is on a yacht somewhere trying to figure up a bunch of names that could set us back 100 years. He is corrupt and on top of that he defended his alma mater, UNC, when they had their academic scandal.

Delaney also was pushing for a proposal to have all freshmen ineligible to play sports until their sophomore year in college. He called it a “year of readiness.”

Delaney’s mentor was, you guessed it, Dean Smith the mastermind of academic corruption.

How is Dantonio still coach? What a mess!

M$U has historically been one of the dirtiest, cheateness, do anything off field and basically get away with it, outfit in the country for decades..., from Steroids, to HGH, to rape..., everything is okay if you're a Michigan $tate athlete...

The Spartans have always found a way to do whatever it takes to protect their players and insulate their HC's from what's actually going on... (no matter how wrong and low it might be)...

I hope they never win another game but given the fact that they routinely buy at least two refs (at least when they play us) they're always going to be tough to beat...

M$U has historically been one of the dirtiest, cheateness, do anything off field and basically get away with it, outfit in the country for decades..., from Steroids, to HGH, to rape..., everything is okay if you're a Michigan $tate athlete...

The Spartans have always found a way to do whatever it takes to protect their players and insulate their HC's from what's actually going on... (no matter how wrong and low it might be)...

I hope they never win another game but given the fact that they routinely buy at least two refs (at least when they play us) they're always going to be tough to beat...
winners win, losers whine

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT