Satchmore

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2001
Might as well start getting things going. Some things we need to talk about:

1. Who all wants to play again?
2. Do you want the at-larges back?
3. Any other rules/ideas?
...CJ has a great one for week to week interest, but it's pretty radical and it should probably be played on the side by anyone who wants to, rather than making it part of the regular roto format.

Sounds like...

You, me, peegs, Terry, Tunk, BRS, Ashton, RBS, and probably Rolo are all in...

The other question that needs resolution is what to do to streamline the draft process and keep it from dragging out for three days with several hou-plus long delays?

Oh, I'm neutral on the at-large thing... If you press me, I'll say yes, keep it, but I'm not going to complain if we get rid of it.

I'm in. We need someone to *almost* make a run...

...from the bottom to third from the bottom again.

I would leave the at-large out, but if the majority says that they prefer it, that's fine, too. (Decisive, no?)

Other ideas - bonus points for picking the team that incurs the most injuries?
This post was edited on 10/17 9:06 PM by tried&true

Count me in....

You've got to have someone around whose picks you'll deride, right?
I'm fine with the at-large pick, which provides kind of a quirkiness to the whole venture.

One suggestion: Count the NCAA games as part of the pool.

I am out....but I have a replacement, if you think he is worthy....

I mean, he was a towel boy for the IUPUI Jaguars...

It's SuperHoosier....

This is my rebound year.

Of course I'm back - I won the first year, should have finished last in '07, now, like a yoyo, I'm on my way up.

I'm mixed on the at-large; there is no way to adequately research the major conferences, let alone the other hundred mid-majors (in many cases, 'mid' is generous). However, I liked the strategerizin' and fulmineratin' that went on about it.

Gloriana's idea of including NCAA games would prolong the agony - I'm all for it!

Last year we debated the mulligan draft for ages; in the end it made no difference, basically because we are an extremely cocky bunch of know-it-alls unable to acknowledge our own mistakes... or because we are unable to evaluate the many gray shades of wretchedness. This year we might see a little more action if we try it.

If you're the only one who's out....

We may not replace you... you are irreplaceable, after all...

This is bad news for me.

You were about the only one I could beat on a consistant basis. Now I'll have to "over achieve" to somehow beat lame-assed Terry and avoid the cellar.

Father-in-law died

I was actually emailing Ashton last Wednesday when I got the call from my wife.

His death wasn't unexpected. He was 86 and in very poor health.

Got a funny story about it, though. Evidently Al (my father-in-law), had an annoying habit of always showing up late. He even showed up late to his own wedding back in 1948.

Al was supposed to be cremated sometime late last week. The funeral was just a memorial service at his church in Foley, Alabama last Saturday. The plan was for Ann (my mother-in-law) and Erica (my daughter) to drive up from Alabama to Lebanon, Indiana to inter the ashes into the ground at a graveyard there.

The burial of the ashes is scheduled for 10:00 AM today (Tuesday). But because there was some bureaucratic delay with the coroner, Al had actually not been cremated yet.

That didn't get done until yesterday afternoon, so Ann and Erica got a late start on their trip, They may not make to the burial in time (I guess they can get it delayed a bit).

But it's fitting that once again they got delayed by Al. So he wasn't late for his own funeral (he didn't go to that), but he may very well be late to his own burial.

As for me beating you in the roto, I suppose that could happen again. But I'm a proven loser over several years, while your one dismal season could be a fluke. Being strictly objective, I think a well documented loser like me has a better chance of finishing last than unproven commodity like you.

Egads - but that is a great story!

Condolences to your wife - expected or not, I'm sure it's been a tough time. Neat that you all have those memories and stories.

There should be a booby (can I say that here?) prize for the eventual basement dweller - we can fight it out as we go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT