ADVERTISEMENT

Roster Update

DThompson

Redshirt
Nov 28, 2022
With many thanks and credit to @IUninethree - I really needed to learn the roster. I added some context to each player (for my own knowledge), then added transfer and PWO buckets as I wanted to understand the ebb and flow of experience/quality of play. Again - I want to be very careful and give credit to @IUninethree for the original file.

@IUninethree - I only browse the premium board, so I was not able to post over there. Apologies. If you will DM me your email, I will gladly share the .xls should you want it.

4mdWjUU.png

0Y4JTH9.png

Interesting. Thank you for putting this together. Couple of things: Didn't know Jackson Schott had transferred. That's good news. He was actually more dominant at Center Grove than Matt Hohlt in my opinion. If he can step in and be a contributor as much as Hohlt, that's a darned good PWO pickup. Also curious why Bryant Fitzgerald is listed as a PWO?

I
Interesting. Thank you for putting this together. Couple of things: Didn't know Jackson Schott had transferred. That's good news. He was actually more dominant at Center Grove than Matt Hohlt in my opinion. If he can step in and be a contributor as much as Hohlt, that's a darned good PWO pickup. Also curious why Bryant Fitzgerald is listed as a PWO?

Jackson Schott is in the PWO bucket, that is my understanding.

I have both Fitzgerald and Elliott listed as PWOs, but I noted "?'s" for them for me to do some more research. Obviously, their snap counts indicate different, but I did not see them on the original spreadsheet.

Last edited:
Luke Haggard, Parker Hannah, D-Mac and Bryant Fitz graduated. I believe so did Chris Bradbury.

Tim Weaver either quit football or is transferring, but he's not a walk-on.
I am just learning the roster as I am a new fan, so thank you.

I am using the 2023 IU roster as my baseline and all of these young men are listed. What am I missing?

https://iuhoosiers.com/sports/football/roster

I am just learning the roster as I am a new fan, so thank you.

I am using the 2023 IU roster as my baseline and all of these young men are listed. What am I missing?

https://iuhoosiers.com/sports/football/roster

First off, welcome to the group. Always nice to have a new Hoosier fan on board.

You did a really good job on this. The only thing that I see that I would correct is James Bomba, although he played a lot last year, is a walk-on. He could be awarded a scholarship and probably will if we have an extra one available, but he's technically a walk-on right now.

James Bomba became a 3rd generation of the Bomba family awarded a FB scholarship during fall practice before our first game this past year.
I

I have both Fitzgerald and Elliott listed as PWOs, but I noted "?'s" for them for me to do some more research. Obviously, their snap counts indicate different, but I did not see them on the original spreadsheet.
Elliott graduated in December, he is working out to prepare for an NFL tryout.

James Bomba became a 3rd generation of the Bomba family awarded a FB scholarship during fall practice before our first game this past year.
I graduated with his Uncle(Bloomington South)who I wasn't crazy about, but his dad Matt was a good, easy going dude, & I remember when he played DT for us in the early 90's. He walked on, & by the time he was done he had developed himself into a decent DT. He contributed & played well at times which was cool to see, he deserved it.

I graduated with his Uncle(Bloomington South)who I wasn't crazy about, but his dad Matt was a good, easy going dude, & I remember when he played DT for us in the early 90's. He walked on, & by the time he was done he had developed himself into a decent DT. He contributed & played well at times which was cool to see, he deserved it.
Is the uncle you refer to now happen to be a doctor in Bloomington?

Matt got paid to play football for a short time with the Patriots didn’t he?

I

Elliott graduated in December and is working out to prepare for an NFL tryout.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT