ADVERTISEMENT

Roster Construction 2019 - 2021

I know exactly what it means. And I remember all the ones you made that turned out false.

Then fu#$ing post his quotes. Real simple, you win if you can back up your claims about him, TMP, Taz, me and probably others but you want because you can't.

Then fu#$ing post his quotes. Real simple, you win if you can back up your claims about him, TMP, Taz, me and probably others but you want because you can't.
The guy should be ignored or merely laughed at (my preference). Several posters have accurately pegged him as a total fraud - just a troll. He’s absolutely not an not an IU fan and only posts here to stir up some sh!t. He posts so often (and he’s obviously not very smart) he forgets what he posts from day to day or even post to post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al Bino
The guy should be ignored or merely laughed at (my preference).
He makes so easy . . .

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

I know exactly what it means. And I remember all the ones you made that turned out false.

I’ve been telling you for years now that it can take a few years for even very good coaches to get it going. A few folks even broke down how each of this year’’s sweet 16 coaches got started — half were very similar to Archie’s record so far.

And yet you go this route. Why? What does this accomplish in year two? Why take a shit on your recliner before you break it in? Oh, because you’ve tied all your neurotic insecurities to Fred Glass...

I’ve been telling you for years now that it can take a few years for even very good coaches to get it going. A few folks even broke down how each of this year’’s sweet 16 coaches got started — half were very similar to Archie’s record so far.

And yet you go this route. Why? What does this accomplish in year two? Why take a shit on your recliner before you break it in? Oh, because you’ve tied all your neurotic insecurities to Fred Glass...
I remember you telling me that about Crean too. Only to waste 9 years. We’re not following that strategy again.

I’m not going to waste my time. Everyone knows what you said. Don’t run and hide now kid.

I’m not going to waste my time. Everyone knows what you said. Don’t run and hide now kid.

Run and Hide. Now that is a laugh.
I am right here waiting for you to post my quotes where I "guaranteed" ANYTHING!
You are nothing but a lying coward.

I don’t know what kind of BS garbage rating system you’re using but to prove it’s flaw it shows 4 MSU players above Morgan. Everyone who lives in the real world know that’s complete and total BS. And it just destroys any argument you tried to make.

Get back to the basics kid. You’re struggling here.

Really?

The ratings were from 247 - the one you cited to tell everyone how many 4-Star players we have. Remember?

Morgan arrived in the fall of 2015 with high regards - from any recruiting site. Two years later when OG and Bryant entered the NBA draft, he was still behind. Yet now you claim how great of a player he is - which he's really, really good.

Guess in the last two years he just improved all by himself, huh? COACHING had nothing to do with his development, right?

YDS . . .

Reactions: hgdownunder
Really?

The ratings were from 247 - the one you cited to tell everyone how many 4-Star players we have. Remember?

Morgan arrived in the fall of 2015 with high regards - from any recruiting site. Two years later when OG and Bryant entered the NBA draft, he was still behind. Yet now you claim how great of a player he is - which he's really, really good.

Guess in the last two years he just improved all by himself, huh? COACHING had nothing to do with his development, right?

YDS . . .
I cited Rivals rankings. You know, the site we’re on. Catch up.

I cited Rivals rankings. You know, the site we’re on. Catch up.
Realy?

Here is the Rivals ranking for Indiana's roster this past season:
Player Rivals (# stars)
Romeo Langford 6 (5)
Juwan Morgan 109 (3)
Justin Smith 119 (4)

Aljami Durham NR (3)
Devonte Green NR (3)
De'Ron Davis 35 (4)
Rob Phinisee 103 (4)
Evan Fitzner NR (3)
Damezi Anderson 118 (4)
Jake Forrester 131 (4)

Zach McRoberts NR (0)
Clifton Moore 113 (4)
Vijay Blackmon (W) NR (0)
Race Thompson NR (3)
Johnny Jager (W) NR (0)
Quentin Taylor (W) NR (0)
Jerome Hunter 52 (4)

So IU had 4 players listed as "4-Star" - yet were ranked HIGHER than Morgan?

BTW - which 4 players listed for Michigan State you referring to?

Realy?

Here is the Rivals ranking for Indiana's roster this past season:
Player Rivals (# stars)
Romeo Langford 6 (5)
Juwan Morgan 109 (3)
Justin Smith 119 (4)

Aljami Durham NR (3)
Devonte Green NR (3)
De'Ron Davis 35 (4)
Rob Phinisee 103 (4)
Evan Fitzner NR (3)
Damezi Anderson 118 (4)
Jake Forrester 131 (4)

Zach McRoberts NR (0)
Clifton Moore 113 (4)
Vijay Blackmon (W) NR (0)
Race Thompson NR (3)
Johnny Jager (W) NR (0)
Quentin Taylor (W) NR (0)
Jerome Hunter 52 (4)

So IU had 4 players listed as "4-Star" - yet were ranked HIGHER than Morgan?

BTW - which 4 players listed for Michigan State you referring to?
I’ve said this entire time we had a team with 7 four stars, a five star, and a senior all conference Morgan. Thanks for proving that? What more do you want?

Ok well let’s just ignore the inevitable and pump sunshine for 2 more NIT seasons.

Or we could not be douches and let it play out like it did for literally half of the guys coaching in the sweet 16 since things weren’t “inevitable” for that crew.

Add that to the list of words you don’t understand, along with “guarantee” lol

Gloomy and not too bright. That’s some double whammy...

I’ve said this entire time we had a team with 7 four stars, a five star, and a senior all conference Morgan. Thanks for proving that? What more do you want?

What more do I want? The same thing I've asked for since post 66 back on pg 2:

ALL of those together? At one time?

With a roster that had a slim margin of error to begin with?

OK, I’ll bite - name me another college basketball team with a comparable roster make up that had the injuries that IU had this year was successful enough to make the NCAA? I’ll wait . . .

Then do a little research.

Google is a good place to start. Search for teams that made the NCAA tournament after losing players to injuries.

One team, just one. That’s all you got to find. A team with a similar roster makeup, a team that had a OAD play all year with a torn ligament in his shooting hand and a promising freshman who had just been cited by the coaching staff for outstanding shooting is lost for the year.

“most teams deal w injury and issues” . . . will not disagree, but will disagree to the extent. Do you really think none of that mattered? And if you don’t, tell me of the team that overcame all of THAT and still made the tournament.

Again, I’ll wait . . .

As I asked others: Tell us the team with a similar roster makeup that IU had this past season that had the plethora of injuries they had AND still made the NCAA?

Never have I said teams don't have to deal with injuries. But have your best scoring option play with a torn ligament in the shooting hand 3/4ths of the year ALONG WITH losing a player like Hunter?

Pony up, big boy - who is this team that made the tournament with a young roster riddled by injuries. Still waiting on anyone else to provide said team, so I'm not going anywhere . . . . who's the team, CDK?

At least you made somewhat of an attempt.

Teams might not release every injury - but issues like Romeo dealt with come out after a season is done.

So, again, what team with a similar roster makeup (experience & talent-wise) has the injuries IU had this season past and made the NCAA tournament?

Exactly.

I want to see a team with a comparable roster to 2018-19 Indiana. In terms of experience, talent & injuries sustained. Surely there is at least one - with how so many here saying “teams have to deal with injuries”.

Or maybe, just maybe, teams didn’t have that extent of injuries . . .

Ok - who was a team from this past season (or any year) that had a comparable roster to Indiana with the same injury situation they had? Please indicate who the team(s) are.

So Indiana had a comparable roster in both years of experience AND talent-wise? Right?

We had a comparable roster in terms of EXPERIENCE and TALENT? You sure about that?

Blew what?

I just posted earlier this afternoon on the roster difference between IU and Michigan State - talent-wise (no comparison), experience (no comparison) and injuries (Sparty lost 43 player games to injury; Indiana lost 90 - more than DOUBLE the amount).

You still want to call it an excuse? Fine - who is the team (this past season or any other season) with the same roster makeup that IU had this past season with injuries to the extent that IU had?

Or do YOU not know what you’re talking about? If I’m so wrong about this, please enlighten us all on this said team that overcame everything IU dealt with this past year and made the NCAA tournament. I’ll wait . . .

NINE times I've asked - and you STILL can't get it right: Who is the college basketball team who had a comparable roster to Indiana in terms of EXPERIENCE and TALENT that had the injuries that the Hoosiers had AND still made the NCAA Tournament?

You somehow thinking IU had some 4 stars from the Rivals rankings that it was "similar" to Michigan State.

Here are the 4-Star players from the Rivals rankings that Michigan State had playing for them this past season :

Cassius Winston 29 (4)
Nick Ward 41 (4)
Xavier Tillman 86 (4)
Matt McQuaid 84 (4)
Aaron Henry 115 (4)
Gabe Brown 101 (4)
Foster Loyer 65 (4)
Thomas Kithier 113 (4)
Marcus Bingham Jr. 61 (4)

9 of them - average ranking 77.2.

Now, here are the 4-Star players from the Rivals rankings that Indiana had playing for them this past season :

Justin Smith 119 (4) 119
Rob Phinisee 103 (4) 103
De'Ron Davis 35 (4) 35
Damezi Anderson 118 (4) 118
Jake Forrester 131 (4) 131
Clifton Moore 113 (4) 113

6 of them - average ranking 103.1

Nine 4 stars for them, 6 for us - with over a 25 spot difference in ranking. And you want to call that "similar"? Hell, we're not even including the EXPERIENCE.

58614386.jpg

What more do I want? The same thing I've asked for since post 66 back on pg 2:

NINE times I've asked - and you STILL can't get it right: Who is the college basketball team who had a comparable roster to Indiana in terms of EXPERIENCE and TALENT that had the injuries that the Hoosiers had AND still made the NCAA Tournament?

You somehow thinking IU had some 4 stars from the Rivals rankings that it was "similar" to Michigan State.

Here are the 4-Star players from the Rivals rankings that Michigan State had playing for them this past season :

Cassius Winston 29 (4)
Nick Ward 41 (4)
Xavier Tillman 86 (4)
Matt McQuaid 84 (4)
Aaron Henry 115 (4)
Gabe Brown 101 (4)
Foster Loyer 65 (4)
Thomas Kithier 113 (4)
Marcus Bingham Jr. 61 (4)

9 of them - average ranking 77.2.

Now, here are the 4-Star players from the Rivals rankings that Indiana had playing for them this past season :

Justin Smith 119 (4) 119
Rob Phinisee 103 (4) 103
De'Ron Davis 35 (4) 35
Damezi Anderson 118 (4) 118
Jake Forrester 131 (4) 131
Clifton Moore 113 (4) 113

6 of them - average ranking 103.1

Nine 4 stars for them, 6 for us - with over a 25 spot difference in ranking. And you want to call that "similar"? Hell, we're not even including the EXPERIENCE.

58614386.jpg
I’ll just take that as your concession post. I’ve clearly won this argument with how desperate you’ve gotten. I listed the schools and obviously proved your misguided belief wrong. Better luck next time.

I’ll just take that as your concession post. I’ve clearly won this argument with how desperate you’ve gotten. I listed the schools and obviously proved your misguided belief wrong. Better luck next time.
YDS

Try better next time missy - maybe after you grow a brain . . .

name-a-brainless-person-insert-brain-her-follow-our-new-30620882.png

ADVERTISEMENT