ADVERTISEMENT

Rondale Moore

DANC.... I understand, I was just giving some stats to illustrate that ARE's college passing stats aren't as ugly as someone else implied when compared to, say... Peyton Ramsey.... and I agree that Moore will be used much like ARE was used.

But, ARE was a true threat when throwing the ball during his time in the NFL and his 6 TDs in only 27 attempts is proof. Post-1970 the only other non-QBs with a passing record equal to or better than ARE's are Walter Peyton and Marcus Allen... IMO there's no comparing the versatility of Moore to ARE... ARE was more versatile and every bit as good, if not a better runner (inside or open field) as Moore.... Plus, ARE could also punt! .... I really don't think Moore will measure up to ARE in the pros but that remains to be seen, right.

He really wasn’t a threat throwing the ball. Good teams knew that and exploited it.

I don't agree.... and I've never seen or heard that claim made by a coach or analyst at that time or anytime afterward. Throwing 42 TD passes over 4 years might not look like much when comparing it to a Nate Sudfeld's 61, but ARE is still fourth overall in TD passes at IU and his record alongside... Kellen Lewis in 2nd with 48 and Ben Chappel third with 45... is clearly... equal.

The reason IU still couldn't win even with an ARE as the QB was because IU's defensive teams from 1998 through 2001 gave up so many points! IU never had the defense to match the O.... Even with ARE, who was one of the top college players through out his career, couldn't rack up enough points to win... here are the Opposing teams scoring average for each season... 1998 - 28 pt. avg / 1999 - 35 pt. avg / 2000 - 39 pt. avg !! / 2001 - 25 pt. avg...

And I'll add that ARE is still 2nd overall in total passing yards for IU... only 410 behind Nate

I think you believe some myth that great running QB's are never good passers.... problem is there's nothing to back up your claim.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
I don't agree.... and I've never seen or heard that claim made by a coach or analyst at that time or anytime afterward. Throwing 42 TD passes over 4 years might not look like much when comparing it to a Nate Sudfeld's 61, but ARE is still fourth overall in TD passes at IU and his record alongside... Kellen Lewis in 2nd with 48 and Ben Chappel third with 45... is clearly... equal.

The reason IU still couldn't win even with an ARE as the QB was because IU's defensive teams from 1998 through 2001 gave up so many points! IU never had the defense to match the O.... Even with ARE, who was one of the top college players through out his career, couldn't rack up enough points to win... here are the Opposing teams scoring average for each season... 1998 - 28 pt. avg / 1999 - 35 pt. avg / 2000 - 39 pt. avg !! / 2001 - 25 pt. avg...

And I'll add that ARE is still 2nd overall in total passing yards for IU... only 410 behind Nate

I think you believe some myth that great running QB's are never good passers.... problem is there's nothing to back up your claim.
AND ARE threw a BIG touchdown pass in the Super Bowl.

For good teams, the strategy was always make ARE beat you with his arm because he couldn’t. ARE was a great athlete, and he became an average to slightly above average NFL receiver for a short time. Time will tell if Moore is able to meet or exceed ARE’s pro career.

Bell is really good, but when 100%, Moore was a game changer on a different level.

at 100%, was the most impactful non QB in the B10 in yrs.

can't even think of the last non QB in the B10 with his impact.

would love to see him on the Colts.
wrong
wrong
and wrong

He impacted his team so much that their and his best year was a ass beating by Auburn and a 6-7 record. The kid is super soft. He had a huge freshman year and then what? He literally played in 20 games in his career for a below average team. I laughed though, thanks.

One of the many reason ARE was so effective with his feet is that defenses knew he could either run, pitch or burn them with his arm and any of those things could happen after he was hit in the backfield multiple times.

I saw a statistic that indicted he avaeraged 30 hits a game

You would see a pile of bodies going down with ARE in the middle and at the last milisecond an arm would pop out of the pile and flip the ball to the trailing back.

Best Football player I have ever seen and would have won the Heisman on any decent team. He could have won two as he was better than both Weinke and Crouch but playing for indiana...it was not going to happen.

4-7
4-7
3-8
5-6

Why does ARE trigger you so? A great kid and a great player that has become an insirational leader in the NFL.

You haven't been this triggered since posters talked about IU making the dance last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
He impacted his team so much that their and his best year was a ass beating by Auburn and a 6-7 record. The kid is super soft. He had a huge freshman year and then what? He literally played in 20 games in his career for a below average team. I laughed though, thanks.

Rondale was so impactful that Purdue went 1-7 in games in which Rondale played vs 5-6 in games he didn't play the last two years. Terrific athlete and very good individual player, but nowhere near the impact player that Saquon Barkley or Zeke Elliott were. Not even the best receiver on his team. You are correct there.

Rondale was so impactful that Purdue went 1-7 in games in which Rondale played vs 5-6 in games he didn't play the last two years. Terrific athlete and very good individual player, but nowhere near the impact player that Saquon Barkley or Zeke Elliott were. Not even the best receiver on his team. You are correct there.
Rondale wasn't the reason Purdue lost in games he played. In fact, the games rondale played last year, the offense was better in ppg as opposed to the games he didn't play.

Rondale wasn't the reason Purdue lost in games he played. In fact, the games rondale played last year, the offense was better in ppg as opposed to the games he didn't play.

Never said he was the reason why Purdue lost those games. But you can't be dubbed as the most impactful non-QB in the B10 the last 10 years when your team loses more games with you than without you.

Never said he was the reason why Purdue lost those games. But you can't be dubbed as the most impactful non-QB in the B10 the last 10 years when your team loses more games with you than without you.
I mean, I guess you could say that, but that's labeling wins and losses on 1 player, which is impossible with football.

I mean, I guess you could say that, but that's labeling wins and losses on 1 player, which is impossible with football.

You think Ohio State or Penn State win or lose more games with or without Saquon or Zeke?

Bell is really good, but when 100%, Moore was a game changer on a different level.

at 100%, was the most impactful non QB in the B10 in yrs.

can't even think of the last non QB in the B10 with his impact.

would love to see him on the Colts.

Just saw this.....

Most impactful non qb the last 10 years? Not even close.

I would put Chase Young as the most impactful non qb I've seen in the last 10 years. Dude was a Heisman finalist for crying out loud. He'd blow up plays left and right.

Or if your not satisfied with Young, there's absolutely no way you can say that Moore was better than Melvin Gordon, who rushed for almost 2600 yards and 32 touchdowns, in ONE SEASON.

And honorable mention, just because he's a Hoosier, but what Tevin did in 2014 with absolutely no passing game for us is remarkable. He rushed for over 2000 yards when teams knew we were gonna give it to him. He was our entire offense.

There is no way that Moore was the most dominant non qb the last 10 years.

Did ARE ever have a winning record in college?

No, he didn't. It doesn't mean he wasn't a remarkable player and very good pro.

Just saw this.....

Most impactful non qb the last 10 years? Not even close.

I would put Chase Young as the most impactful non qb I've seen in the last 10 years. Dude was a Heisman finalist for crying out loud. He'd blow up plays left and right.

Or if your not satisfied with Young, there's absolutely no way you can say that Moore was better than Melvin Gordon, who rushed for almost 2600 yards and 32 touchdowns, in ONE SEASON.

And honorable mention, just because he's a Hoosier, but what Tevin did in 2014 with absolutely no passing game for us is remarkable. He rushed for over 2000 yards when teams knew we were gonna give it to him. He was our entire offense.

There is no way that Moore was the most dominant non qb the last 10 years.

Coleman was an amazing runner given what surrounded him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT