ADVERTISEMENT

Rondale Moore

Jssanto

All-Big Ten
Feb 15, 2019
New Orleans
I tried to go on the Pu forum but it looked like I had to pay. Maybe I was on the wrong site.
I wanted to know about Moore. Was he an injury concern last year? Covid? Or was it a personality or off field issue.
Wondering for the NFL draft.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I tried to go on the Pu forum but it looked like I had to pay. Maybe I was on the wrong site.
I wanted to know about Moore. Was he an injury concern last year? Covid? Or was it a personality or off field issue.
Wondering for the NFL draft.
Had a hammy at the start of the year and they were waiting until he was 110%. He tweaked it in fall camp.

Also, Rondale.

I think that there was some friction between RM and JB about his status week-to-week. It was probably a situation where he was "cleared" by doctors but didn't feel personal comfort with how his body felt - especially with so much on the line financially and a history of injuries.

Glad to see him go, he was scary good. He must have had the strongest legs on the team he was so hard to bring down and he could turn on a dime. I was as impressed by Moore as anybody we played.

And while I'm on the subject, the Maryland DBs were outstanding, better than O$U, but the best we faced all year, IMHO, was Mississippi.

Glad to see him go, he was scary good. He must have had the strongest legs on the team he was so hard to bring down and he could turn on a dime. I was as impressed by Moore as anybody we played.

And while I'm on the subject, the Maryland DBs were outstanding, better than O$U, but the best we faced all year, IMHO, was Mississippi.
I’m glad to see him go too, but for my money he was the second best WR on PU. The kid from WC is virtually unstoppable and will spend 10 years in the NFL making life miserable for smaller cornerbacks.

He has gotten incredibly strong. I do wonder if he has gotten "to strong" and it will take away from his shiftiness. The offense never really looked good last year once he came back due to the rotating parts and lack of run game. Would have liked to see him this year in what I presume will be a much more sound offense.

He has gotten incredibly strong. I do wonder if he has gotten "to strong" and it will take away from his shiftiness. The offense never really looked good last year once he came back due to the rotating parts and lack of run game. Would have liked to see him this year in what I presume will be a much more sound offense.

It's ... "TOO strong".... but, that's to be expected, you are a Boiler. :)

Reactions: TominDallas
I've seen a lot of Steve Smith comparisons. I'd say that's not a bad comp. It's tough though. Rondale Moore type WR's don't grow on trees.
IMO he looks like Darren Sproles. Same build, wheels, shiftiness. But as far as pure WR, Bell is a much better fit for the NFL. Moore could be a great slot, but more of a return guy that could flip fields and also a RB in certain situations. I did see the Moore video on the vertical and that was incredible to watch.

IMO he looks like Darren Sproles. Same build, wheels, shiftiness. But as far as pure WR, Bell is a much better fit for the NFL. Moore could be a great slot, but more of a return guy that could flip fields and also a RB in certain situations. I did see the Moore video on the vertical and that was incredible to watch.
What separates Moore from the speed guys imo, is his power. He is more likely to run through you as opposed to around you. How will that translate? Idk. I agree with you though. I believe Bell and Carr have better NFL potential.

Bell just has football magnets built into his hands. He comes down with so many contested balls. I think Moore may end up having like a Darren Sproles (good call on that comparison) or Reggie Bush career, which is to say an asset to his team without being the superstar they build around.

W
Bell just has football magnets built into his hands. He comes down with so many contested balls. I think Moore may end up having like a Darren Sproles (good call on that comparison) or Reggie Bush career, which is to say an asset to his team without being the superstar they build around.
Watched Bell at Warren Central, he is the real deal. Always wished he would have gone to IU. Great kid, wish him well always except in Bucket game!

Bell is really good, but when 100%, Moore was a game changer on a different level.

at 100%, was the most impactful non QB in the B10 in yrs.

can't even think of the last non QB in the B10 with his impact.

would love to see him on the Colts.

Bell is really good, but when 100%, Moore was a game changer on a different level.

The thing with Moore is that he was injured in that Minnesota game and that was where his Purdue career ended. Up to that point, he was instant impact. Had this been the old days where guys didn’t declare for the draft, the kid plays 4 years and becomes a conference legend. The last 18 months, he essentially has not been on the field. His legacy is that he was a very good player and game changer. I think the fact that he was out of live game football for a year and a half kind of dropped his stock a bit.

I would love to see the Colts take Moore as I think he can be a game changer in the NFL.

What separates Moore from the speed guys imo, is his power. He is more likely to run through you as opposed to around you. How will that translate? Idk. I agree with you though. I believe Bell and Carr have better NFL potential.

IMHO he won't last long as a workhorse. He is an open field gaget guy on Sundays.

Reactions: TMFT and Hoosier009
W

Watched Bell at Warren Central, he is the real deal. Always wished he would have gone to IU. Great kid, wish him well always except in Bucket game!

he should have chosen IU and I have to wonder if he regrets not doing so.

Last edited:
IMHO he won't last long as a workhorse. He is an open field gaget guy on Sundays.
He might be, but that doesn't mean he can't be a really good player. Look at Nyheim Hines. Gadget guy who plays a chunk of snaps and is a really good player. If rondale averages 35 snaps as a rookie, I'd think you would have to be really happy with that.

But also, some might have said that about TY as a rookie. Hes been quite the workhorse.

2014 Tevin Coleman. Scored 15 TDs that season with an average length of 42 yards. Let that sink in.

Our own Antwaan Randle El, who is a valid comparison with Moore, did pretty well in the NFL.

ARE was probably shiftier, but Moore has shiftiness plus more power than ARE.

I'm just glad to see Moore out of the Big Ten.

Our own Antwaan Randle El, who is a valid comparison with Moore, did pretty well in the NFL.

ARE was probably shiftier, but Moore has shiftiness plus more power than ARE.

I'm just glad to see Moore out of the Big Ten.

ARE had more tools than RM and was a more complete player.

I stated above what the comparison is.

What tools rondale missing and why isn't he a complete player?
ARE put up pretty good numbers for a second rounder. He was probably better suited for the Canadian version of the game though. He might have starred in that league.

I wouldn’t make that assumption. THAt bar is pretty low.

Pretty low?! Ha... Moore has attempted one pass with zero completions so he's NO threat in that area.

Sure, while passing was not ARE's strength he did it well enough, week in and week out, with good enough results to be a starter and a threat to the opponent.

Sounds like you need a good comparison... Peyton Ramsey's passer rating this year at Northwestern was... 121.00 and he had a pretty crappy year didn't he. 🙄

Look up ARE. Must been before your time.
But what fun is that. You already know. Curious why rondale isn't complete. Can return kicks and punts. Dangerous with the ball in his hands. Great route runner. Runs a good deep route. The only think you maybe question is his size and catching, but size is becoming overrated in the NFL.

Pretty low?! Ha... Moore has attempted one pass with zero completions so he's NO threat in that area.

Sure, while passing was not ARE's strength he did it well enough, week in and week out, with good enough results to be a starter and a threat to the opponent.

Sounds like you need a good comparison... Peyton Ramsey's passer rating this year at Northwestern was... 121.00 and he had a pretty crappy year didn't he. 🙄
He really wasn’t a threat throwing the ball. Good teams knew that and exploited it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT