ADVERTISEMENT

Rondale Moore.

He opted out of the season. I don’t blame him. He won’t be able to score the 50 points a game they need to compensate for their defense.
It's a big loss, but Purdue could sustain much bigger losses. Purdue offense will be fine.

Real question, how do you know what the defense will look like?

Reactions: vesuvius13
I still don’t believe the season will actually happen.
No reason to think it won't. Cases are falling nationally. Baseball is playing and also providing valuable data on how to play without and bubble. NFL had a low positive rate and college football is decreasing.

And even if it doesn't, let's just act like it is for now and have fun with conversation.

No reason to think it won't. Cases are falling nationally. Baseball is playing and also providing valuable data on how to play without and bubble. NFL had a low positive rate and college football is decreasing.

And even if it doesn't, let's just act like it is for now and have fun with conversation.
I am with you on this Boiler. I am tired of doom and gloom. Overall I am a pretty optimistic person. I choose to be blindly hopeful there will be a season.

Devastating for the offense no matter the spin.
Big loss, but Purdue has a lot of weapons and upcoming potential at WR. The passing game won't miss to much of a beat imo. The passing game was pretty good last year without him. Basically played 3 freshman most of the year at WR.

Big loss, but Purdue has a lot of weapons and upcoming potential at WR. The passing game won't miss to much of a beat imo. The passing game was pretty good last year without him. Basically played 3 freshman most of the year at WR.
This is called whistling past the graveyard.

Normally you're a reasonable poster. But I think you're letting your optimism overcome reality.

All I heard last year was "Wait till Moore is back" from you U of Kaplan fans.

Normally you're a reasonable poster. But I think you're letting your optimism overcome reality.

I actually try to be very reasonable because I prefer to discuss as opposed to piss everyone off with my blinded optimism. I do feel pretty confident that purdues passing game will be pretty good next year without rondale. It's still a big loss though.

You might want to change the news channel on your television. No reason to think the season won't be played? I wish I had your optimism.

Reactions: limestonecowboy
Moore was a consensus All American as a freshman. I'm sure the other receivers are good, but the odds of Purdue having another player that dominant in the next decade are unlikely.

This reminds me of when Eric Gordon's little brother was a high school freshmen and a friend insisted to me that the kid was going to be better than Eric. I was like, "Eric Gordon is playing for Team USA at the moment. He might be good, but probably not better."

I know you didn't say better, but you are projecting that you won't be worse off without him...which you undoubtedly will be.

Moore was a consensus All American as a freshman. I'm sure the other receivers are good, but the odds of Purdue having another player that dominant in the next decade are unlikely.

This reminds me of when Eric Gordon's little brother was a high school freshmen and a friend insisted to me that the kid was going to be better than Eric. I was like, "Eric Gordon is playing for Team USA at the moment. He might be good, but probably not better."

I know you didn't say better, but you are projecting that you won't be worse off without him...which you undoubtedly will be.
No, we will be worse without vs with, but that doesn't mean the offense will be bad. Unlock two years ago.

Devastating for the offense no matter the spin.

The guy is smart ((had to be at least one up there))...

Who in their right mind would want to continue to risk their pro career on that thin grass rug staked over sand, abortion of a pseudo football field that's a potential knee injury every time you even warm up on it if they had the option not to...

I applaud his decision...;)

He was probably also concerned that they might have tried to work him into the OL rotation by mid season...:D

Last edited:
The guy is smart ((had to be at least one up there))...

Who in their right mind would want to continue to risk their pro career on that thin grass rug over sand abortion of a pseudo football field that's a potential knee injury every time you even warm up on it if they had the option not to...

I applaud his decision...;)

He was probably also concerned that they might have tried to work him into the OL rotation by mid season...:D
I still cannot understand why they have that turf. I'd also like to know if Moore actually tore his hamstring which could have been a level 3 injury.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Thought I would let this one marinate a bit and on first glance it is predictable and the comments of certain beloved posters are about as original as the latest $10 premium burger in the fast food business. Purdue was 7-6 in 2017 after going 9-39 under their previous coach in his disastrous four year reign. With Moore Purdue was 7-10. He is an exciting player and a great young man who leaves with his degree in 2.5 years. Purdue will be better because of superior overall talent and more difficult to defend because of more offensive options and less dependence on one man. The difference will not be the result of one player, but the continued maturation of two top 30 recruiting classes.

Bell was pretty dominant last year.

As an IU fan, I'm not sad to not have to watch the guys defending both Moore & Bell at the same time.

As a football fan, generally, I hate seeing someone so talented only playing 1 full season of football. If he'd have stayed healthy and the rona didn't ruin everything, he'd have been a legit Heisman candidate.

Thought I would let this one marinate a bit and on first glance it is predictable and the comments of certain beloved posters are about as original as the latest $10 premium burger in the fast food business. Purdue was 7-6 in 2017 after going 9-39 under their previous coach in his disastrous four year reign. With Moore Purdue was 7-10. He is an exciting player and a great young man who leaves with his degree in 2.5 years. Purdue will be better because of superior overall talent and more difficult to defend because of more offensive options and less dependence on one man. The difference will not be the result of one player, but the continued maturation of two top 30 recruiting classes.

This is it right here. Moore is a great player with a bright future but fans and observers who kept harping on "just wait until Moore comes back" were overstating his individual importance. Purdue was 1-3 last season in games where he played. Just as destewart stated above, Moore was not (and would not be) the sole difference in the teams success or lack thereof. The loss of Moore hurts their team because any team would be better with a star player like Moore as part of it, but Purdue's success will come down to developing multiple options on offense and converting their improved recruiting into solid contributors and depth.

So you're blaming Moore for the losses... Amazing!

Only a p u fan would go out of their way to exhibit that type of stupidity...

Without Moore you most likely would have been 3-13 over that time frame... :confused:

Go shovel it over on the p u free board they might actually buy that sh-t...

Gotta love it, your best player leaves and the p u fan response is: he was dragging us down anyway... :rolleyes:

Reactions: indiana ed and DANC

Without Moore you most likely would have been 3-13 over that time frame... :confused:

Gotta love it, your best player leaves and the p u fan response is: he was dragging us down anyway... :rolleyes:
That's what you took from that? I believe he is saying rondale was really good, but because the team is better, rondale wasn't solely worth asany wins to Purdue.

When I saw the bison at Yellowstone I wondered about their cognitive skills, especially comprehension. The Danes have perhaps done the most exploration into the species
https://sciencenordic.com/animals-a...ones-reveal-origins-of-european-bison/1439014

Why is Purdue a university of Kaplan?

To state PU will be fine as they have a deep WR room is taking a gamble. Yes I agree that the ball might be distributed more. However that is a benefit to other teams as Moore isn’t an option. He is super talented and made an impact in the game. Truly an all big ten caliber player.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
To state PU will be fine as they have a deep WR room is taking a gamble. Yes I agree that the ball might be distributed more. However that is a benefit to other teams as Moore isn’t an option. He is super talented and made an impact in the game. Truly an all big ten caliber player.
Purdue didn't have Moore for most of last season and still had a really good passing attack. Purdue was 2nd in pass yards and 7th in efficiency. IU was the only team to beat Purdue in both actually.

A few years ago, Purdue bought Kaplan U. It was pretty controversial at the time, but may prove to be a pretty smart move in these times, since Kaplan is an online 'university'.

So, I will now refer to Purdue as Kaplan U. Or is it U of Kaplan??? :D
Thanks, did not know that. Sounds smart. Pres must be from IU

Purdue didn't have Moore for most of last season and still had a really good passing attack. Purdue was 2nd in pass yards and 7th in efficiency. IU was the only team to beat Purdue in both actually.
I'll put it this way, Bell was draped by IU's best pure CB at the OOB and had 9 for 136 & 1 TD. Moore was at least as good as Bell. And we don't have two Mullen's.

I wouldn't say PU is going to be trash without Moore, but he'd be a hell of an asset and they'd be a lot better with him. The real question for PU is going to be OL & run game.

Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13
I'll put it this way, Bell was draped by IU's best pure CB at the OOB and had 9 for 136 & 1 TD. Moore was at least as good as Bell. And we don't have two Mullen's.

I wouldn't say PU is going to be trash without Moore, but he'd be a hell of an asset and they'd be a lot better with him. The real question for PU is going to be OL & run game.
Ya. The pass game will be fine. The OL I expect to be fine as well. How much of the OL and run game was playing underclassman and a true freshman RB? I expect the OL to take a big jump.

That Bell/Mullen match-up was insane. Luckily for us we have a plethora of 4* WR’s waiting in the wings. They aren’t Rondale Moore but next year’s team will have at least 5 4* WR’s on the roster. That’s never happened at Purdue before at least not o my knowledge.

I gotta agree with everyone. How about that:).

He will be missed but if Purdue has *anyone* to pair with David Bell this year then his loss will be somewhat mitigated.

The degree of mitigation depends on the skill level of the person or people replacing him.

So we will see.

Only took 30 responses to be able to sum that up. We are getting better at this folks:).

Reactions: vesuvius13 and TMFT
This is a big setback for Purdue. He is a tremendous playmaker...

That said, I think Purdue's problem, similar to IU, is their schedule. Purdue's first three games are brutal!! Actually, Purdue could very easily open 0-5....They've got bigger problems than losing Moore. The corona has done a number on these schedules.

Reactions: red hornet and DANC
This is a big setback for Purdue. He is a tremendous playmaker...

That said, I think Purdue's problem, similar to IU, is their schedule. Purdue's first three games are brutal!! Actually, Purdue could very easily open 0-5....They've got bigger problems than losing Moore. The corona has done a number on these schedules.

Brutal schedule but it won’t end up mattering as I’m guessing there won’t be a season.

ADVERTISEMENT