ADVERTISEMENT

Romeos choice should be easy.

I'm sure I've been to Lawrence many more times than you, so yeah, I also know about KU and I also live west of the Mississippi (what does that matter?)

I don't have to prove anything. You're the one hurling accusations so the burden of proof is on you.

So far the only evidence you've supplied is a post from a Michigan sports forum that was designed in 1980. You're really scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

Do you realize how silly that makes you look? Most of the alleged "shadyness" around KU and other programs comes from guys like you and Scott jumping to conclusions about situations you don't really know anything about.

See the Billy Preston post above as evidence.

Hurling accusations? I provided a link with the preface that it’s not exactly journalism. Lol.

Again, KU went on probation the year after their 2nd title and then hired Roy Williams...

I don’t pretend to be an insider but KU just looks a little like UK. And just telling you how the rest of the B12 views them.

Sorry if all that hurt your feelz lol

Reactions: Rakkasan29 and mazz
I kn

I know Bryce personally and I write this with no hesitation, he is a class act who gets the big picture of college sports. He wants to win but will not do it at the cost of not preparing a kid for the real life. I don't know Archie (but I do know Sean a bit) so I would have no basis to write Archie is shady because his brother indirectly paid a kid to come to Arizona.

As for all schools cheating... no they don't. I can tell you that if most schools break a rule, it is usually a contact situation and is self-reported right away. They are usually one offs and usually miscommunication issues between coaches.

Reply to the wrong post? I made no mention of Bryce.

Hurling accusations? I provided a link with the preface that it’s not exactly journalism. Lol.

Again, KU went on probation the year after their 2nd title and then hired Roy Williams...

I don’t pretend to be an insider but KU just looks a little like UK. And just telling you how the rest of the B12 views them.

Pulling kids from inner city Chicago to Lawrence Kansas is always going to look a little shady to an outsider.

Reactions: mazz
Laughable

Why?

Only weakness being freshman point guard, and that’s just a decent grad transfer away.

You a Vandy fan?

Oh no, are you a Purdue fan?

Well, good news is Purdue doesn’t have to waste any more time recruiting the best talent in Indiana with Miller here.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUgradman

Not sure you can fault Bill Self for the sins of Larry Brown and Roy Williams.

As far as the rest of the Big 12 screaming foul after Kansas has dominated them for 14+ seasons.... color me shocked.

Do you think going to a scorned fan base to try and get an objective point of view is really the most prudent thing to do?

Going to a board that never interacts with Self would be better?

Sure, go to the Oregon board and get see what their thoughts are.

Better yet, go to the Pacers fan site. Their input would be the most valuable.

Not sure you can fault Bill Self for the sins of Larry Brown and Roy Williams.

As far as the rest of the Big 12 screaming foul after Kansas has dominated them for 14+ seasons.... color me shocked.

Okay, you read that whole piece and see nothing weird. Cool.

PS if I’m ever tried for something I mos def want you on the jury!

Okay, you read that whole piece and see nothing weird. Cool.

PS if I’m ever tried for something I mos def want you on the jury!

The weirdest part about it was the vitriol with which it was written. Sounded as if it was a K-State or Missouri fan going on a diatribe. Weird that it originated from an MSU message board.

The weirdest part about it was the vitriol with which it was written. Sounded as if it was a K-State or Missouri fan going on a diatribe. Weird that it originated from an MSU message board.

You’re reading into it too much. Bro went to KU. I’m cool with KU until they win two more titles and then they can suck it. Those cheaters! Lol

200.gif

No but you can the program right???

What is "the program"? It's just a collection of people.

Why should what Brown and Roy did have any influence when judging whether or not Self runs a clean program. Do you think cheating is institutionalized there or something?

The guyhas been a Division 1 head coach since '93, and no program that he's been at has been hit with sanctions during or after his time there.

He's had more than his fair share of players that dealt with eligibility issues and he's always handled it in the correct way (Alexander/ Preston).

He's had to navigate a lot of off the court shenanigans from his players, but I don't think that necessarily makes him or Kansas "dirty". That refers more to purposely breaking or subverting NCAA rules.

The problem is I understand the perception that KU is dirty. But it's not rooted in reality. It's just thrown out there in passing as a dig by people who only have a fringe understanding of the incidents that created that perception.

Last edited:
Purdue fans are nervous because they know they'll have good teams and still get beat by IU.

Even with those two our roster will be better next year than Vandy's will.
I can never get the 5 stars that line up to play for Bill Self. Yes, he won once, but considering his resources....

And I think an equal factor will be whether every scout in the building is looking at you, rather than the other two 5 stars.

PU is the expert on 5 star players: they've brought in a grand total of 2 over the past 25 years.

In the last 25 years one state university has won 5 Big Ten titles, been to 18 NCAA tournaments and won 23 games against its arch rival. The other state university has won 4 Big Ten titles, been to 18 NCAA tournaments and won 21 games against its arch rival. Both schools have departments of astronomy which study stars!

In the last 25 years one state university has won 5 Big Ten titles, been to 18 NCAA tournaments and won 23 games against its arch rival. The other state university has won 4 Big Ten titles, been to 18 NCAA tournaments and won 21 games against its arch rival. Both schools have departments of astronomy which study stars!

Third in the country and still on our board worried about us....I probably would be to in your shoes.

I can never get the 5 stars that line up to play for Bill Self. Yes, he won once, but considering his resources....

And I think an equal factor will be whether every scout in the building is looking at you, rather than the other two 5 stars.
I am talking about our roster compared to Vandy's roster because KU will be better next year than us

Because you’re on an IU board & some of us like to bag on the Boilers because of the butthurt Boiler fans that feel compelled to chime in with all of the reasons recruits won’t come here. I’d encourage you to do the same on your board.
All I said was that 2 5 star players are going to Vandy. One of them is pressing Romeo hard to join him. Through the eyes of an 18 year old kid that might seem very enticing.
And yes, you're right. Purdue fans know very little about having 5 star players.
No disrespect intended. Just giving an opinion.

All I said was that 2 5 star players are going to Vandy. One of them is pressing Romeo hard to join him. Through the eyes of an 18 year old kid that might seem very enticing.
And yes, you're right. Purdue fans know very little about having 5 star players.
No disrespect intended. Just giving an opinion.

But why? I know why...

Who will Vandy even have coming back? They are 6 and 11 right now and Jeff robinson, Mathew Fisher Davis, Riley Lachance their 3 best players are all leaving. With Romeo IU will have a better roster and chance to win than Vandy will with Romeo. It should be a relatively easy decision.

Joining two other 5* freshman along with a high 4* may, at least arguably, have appeal. And, of course, Nashville > Bloomington (not that Bloomington isn’t a nice college town). Vandy’s best player, Saben Lee, is now a freshman.

I hear that IU and Vandy are the leaders. It strikes me as a function of whether Romeo prefers to “stay home” and really wants to have a rabid fan base all up in every breath he takes.

Joining two other 5* freshman along with a high 4* may, at least arguably, have appeal. And, of course, Nashville > Bloomington (not that Bloomington isn’t a nice college town). Vandy’s best player, Saben Lee, is now a freshman.

I hear that IU and Vandy are the leaders. It strikes me as a function of whether Romeo prefers to “stay home” and really wants to have a rabid fan base all up in every breath he takes.
Nashville is a better city but Bloomington is a better college town. Also AH with our practice facility is far greater than Vandy. The only thing Vandy might have is his friendship with Garland. Even with you two 5 star players our roster next year will be better than Vandy's.

We have four four star recruits coming in next year and Juwan Morgan, our best player, will be a senior. Archie is also a better coach than Drew.

Saben Lee is not their best player he's solid but not their best. A few 5 star freshman aren't going to make that much difference coming off a 6 and 11 team before you lose your best players. Especially with a most likely improved sec. They might sneak into the tourney but they won't go anywhere. At IU he would be joining a very a good front court with a big ten poy candidate, decent depth and some talented young guards.

For one school, that record is ok and their ceiling. How far IU goes in the NCAA's and winning a championship is the ultimate goal and the ultimate goal in general: perhaps that isn't important to PU. Unlike PU, IU's success isn't measured upon what PU does: IU has a higher ceiling. Landing superior talent on a consistent basis makes it possible to go far in the NCAA's and win championships: once again, perhaps this is why you left out as a factor how far PU has gone in the NCAA's.

It is interesting that PU's response to barely ever landing superior talent is to compare itself to IU and ignore the factor of how far PU has gone in the NCAA's. Reminds me of PU fans comparing Gene Keady's record against Bob Knight and ignoring all of Knight's accomplishments.

Saben Lee is not their best player he's solid but not their best. A few 5 star freshman aren't going to make that much difference coming off a 6 and 11 team before you lose your best players.

With Langford, Vandy would have three 5* freshman and one high 4* freshman plus a very good 4* sophomore Saben Lee. And, you really think that wouldn't make "make much difference" just because of this year's record?

There typically is a big difference between the impact expected to be created by a 5* vs. a 4*. Vandy would have three instant-impact freshman whereas IU is hoping that they'll have one in Langford.

Reactions: fpeaugh
With Langford, Vandy would have three 5* freshman and one high 4* freshman plus a very good 4* sophomore Saben Lee. And, you really think that wouldn't make "make much difference" just because of this year's record?

There typically is a big difference between the impact expected to be created by a 5* vs. a 4*. Vandy would have three instant-impact freshman whereas IU is hoping that they'll have one in Langford.
To quote our recently departed coach: it's Vanderbilt, it's Vanderbilt. Vanderbilt is basketball hell.

Hunter should be ranked higher, in my opinion: he is an instant impact player.

Saben Lee is not their best player he's solid but not their best. A few 5 star freshman aren't going to make that much difference coming off a 6 and 11 team before you lose your best players. Especially with a most likely improved sec. They might sneak into the tourney but they won't go anywhere. At IU he would be joining a very a good front court with a big ten poy candidate, decent depth and some talented young guards.

I think by the end of the season, Lee will be the best player on Vandy's team. Willis may be pushing for the second best. Baptiste is getting better as center. I like the seniors. They have given a lot to Vandy but there is nothing special about any of them. So Vandy will have experienced PGs in sophomore Lee and junior Willis, and experienced senior center in Baptiste, an NBA ready PF in Shittu, a 5* PG in Garland, a high 4* SF in Nesmith coming in. Vandy also has a 4* PF who will be a junior. With all the younger talent, they might not come together in time but that is a well rounded, solid lineup. I don't think it is NC caliber but it will be every bit as good as what IU would be putting on the floor, probably better.

I don't know why Langford would not commit to IU before the HS season or during it. To have a rabid fan base coming to many of your games to cheer you on. Hoping you break Bailey's HS scoring record just to follow him to IU. It would be a no brainer for any kid. The fact that he has put off his decision speaks more to me than anything he has done so far because going somewhere else would put a ton of negativity on him for the year.

I think by the end of the season, Lee will be the best player on Vandy's team. Willis may be pushing for the second best. Baptiste is getting better as center. I like the seniors. They have given a lot to Vandy but there is nothing special about any of them. So Vandy will have experienced PGs in sophomore Lee and junior Willis, and experienced senior center in Baptiste, an NBA ready PF in Shittu, a 5* PG in Garland, a high 4* SF in Nesmith coming in. Vandy also has a 4* PF who will be a junior. With all the younger talent, they might not come together in time but that is a well rounded, solid lineup. I don't think it is NC caliber but it will be every bit as good as what IU would be putting on the floor, probably better.

I don't know why Langford would not commit to IU before the HS season or during it. To have a rabid fan base coming to many of your games to cheer you on. Hoping you break Bailey's HS scoring record just to follow him to IU. It would be a no brainer for any kid. The fact that he has put off his decision speaks more to me than anything he has done so far because going somewhere else would put a ton of negativity on him for the year.

I am afraid the lack of a commitment is telling as well. He is loved in Indiana and followed my thousands of fans and in my estimation knows what would happen his senior year if he committed to Vandy. I have felt for some time he is Vandy bound. Think of the chants and negativity he would endure vs how much love he could have received had he done this before his senior season.My common sense tells me he is not coming to IU.

Do you think Romeo has NBA aspirations? What about Sittu and Garland? Think they'll want their shots to showcase it? If I was Romeo the biggest factors would be which program will 1) get me drafted the highest, and 2) prepare me best for the NBA. I'd say the latter is a push because there's not a lot to go on with either in terms of history, but if he comes to IU, he would likely be the focal point of the offense and might get 15+ shots a night without batting an eye. Think Trae Young's draft status has improved this year? Honestly, if RL is as good as advertised and he came to IU with the shots available, he might be a B10 POY candidate. The opportunity that exists reminds me of D'Angelo Russell and what was he the #2 pick? I don't hear many talk about this, but if I were in a position to get to the NBA, it would be a huge factor to me and I think IU is clearly unique among those 3 schools in offering that kind of opportunity.

Last edited:
Do you think Romeo has NBA aspirations? What about Sittu and Garland? Think they'll want their shots to showcase it? If I was Romeo the biggest factors would be which program will 1) get me drafted the highest, and 2) prepare me best for the NBA. I'd say the latter is a push, but if he comes to IU, he would likely be the focal point of the offense and might get 15+ shots a night without batting an eye. Think Trae Young's draft status has improved this year? Honestly, if RL is as good as advertised and he came to IU with the shots available, he might be a B10 POY candidate. The opportunity that exists reminds me of D'Angelo Russell and what was he the #2 pick? I don't hear many talk about this, but if I were in a position to get to the NBA, it would be a huge factor to me and I think IU is clearly unique among those 3 schools in offering that kind of opportunity.

All good points. But, does IU offer Romeo a 5* PF (Shittu) to occupy the defense and a 5* PG to dish him (Romeo) the rock? With Nesmith (versatile shooter) and Lee, Vandy could go small and very, very fast and provide the perfect canvas for Romeo to display his art (and score big). It's really not an unattractive opportunity. But, again this thread is about whether is is an "easy choice" to choose IU and I think that reasonable folks would say that it isn't an easy choice. Vandy has a group of talented and versatile pieces and can offer Romeo great space since defenses have two other 5*s to guard.

Reactions: Friedas_Boss
All good points. But, does IU offer Romeo a 5* PF (Shittu) to occupy the defense and a 5* PG to dish him (Romeo) the rock? With Nesmith (versatile shooter) and Lee, Vandy could go small and very, very fast and provide the perfect canvas for Romeo to display his art (and score big). It's really not an unattractive opportunity. But, again this thread is about whether is is an "easy choice" to choose IU and I think that reasonable folks would say that it isn't an easy choice. Vandy has a group of talented and versatile pieces and can offer Romeo great space since defenses have two other 5*s to guard.
I think Cody Zeller is a good comparison. Southern Indiana kid, high 5*, obvious future lottery pick, has the opportunity to be the first major recruit for an IU coach and take IU to where it should be. IU didn't have a roster overflowing with high level talent at the time, and Victor hadn't blown up, yet. I think it depends on how important to Romeo Indiana family/friends ties, IU, and Indiana's basketball history are to him. Does he want to be an Indiana legend? Romeo would be the obvious "the guy" at IU and have good supporting talent. Kansas I would understand. Vanderbilt is the flavor of the month. We will see.

Reactions: KyDore
Typical holier than thou IU fan mentality. Does anyone here know Archie, Drew, or Self personally? Yet we assume Archie is the only quality person solely because he’s our HC? And some people actually believe this smh.
Don't forget everyone here also thinks we have a top 5 recruiting class but it barely is top 25. The ignorance on here is alarming. I doubt we have any player on our roster that could play for Duke but Archie has done an awesome job with our talent level we have right now.

Reactions: Friedas_Boss
ADVERTISEMENT