ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo trims list to MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

Nov 28, 2007
Louisville, KY
Duke? He gone.

http://scout.com/college/basketball...ect-Romeo-Langford-is-down-to-seven-106598704

6_5281134.jpg

Are UL and IU the only adidas schools on that list?
That is probably worth a little - since he is on adidas AAU.

Kansas is adidas. It's gonna come down to IU, UofL and Kansas and I'm saying it again he will be a Hoosier next spring.
Only a feeling but I think he goes to IU too. I think he has really cooled on UK. I've said this before but I don't necessarily think he is OAD. I know they are have already sent out season ticket forms for New Albany and heard coach say they expect all home games to be sold out. Bad news is he may not make it out of Sectional cuz Floyd Central is also going to be very good with size, shooters, experience. Jeff should be much improved too with a D1 sophomore (Tulane offered) and some other good players. Should be some good Bball in Floyd and Clark Co this year.

Kansas recruits all over the country, so Romeo is just one of many national recruits for Self at Kansas. Pitino and Louisville does too, plus the ugly Louisville Prostitution ring scandal for the players puts a very shady mark on the Louisville program under Pitino. IU has one of the brightest young coaches in the country and Hoosier Basketball is a religion in Indiana. Archie has said that Romeo is the top recruit and top focus of the IU coaching staff. Hoosiers will always be Hoosiers at heart!

Last edited:
Reactions: mazz
im worried about Vanderbilt in the mix now. that means Garland and Romeo have been talking. on the other hand, Garland is visiting IU soon. that could me something special.
"stay home Romoe"!!

I'm not sure if that's a rule or not but the article doesn't say he wants official visits to every school, just that he wants to visit them all.
Hell, he could easily drive to four of them any time he wants, plus it's only an 8 1/2 hour drive to Kansas or North Carolina. I don't think he'll lack opportunity to make enough official and unofficial visits to make up his mind.

UCLA looks to me like the outlier on this list, simply due to distance.

You can only take 5 official visit so he will have to narrow down the list to 5 before taking the visits.
Be that as it may, he still didn't say he wanted official visits to all of them. Just that he wants to visit all seven. As Stuffshot points out, 1/2 the list is within diving distance. UL is just across the river so maybe 10-15 minutes away. IU is about 2 hours.

Be that as it may, he still didn't say he wanted official visits to all of them. Just that he wants to visit all seven. As Stuffshot points out, 1/2 the list is within diving distance. UL is just across the river so maybe 10-15 minutes away. IU is about 2 hours.
Plus, Romeo has already been to UK, UL and IU numerous times. If IU gets an official, I will be optimistic.....

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
Plus, Romeo has already been to UK, UL and IU numerous times. If IU gets an official, I will be optimistic.....
IU getting an official should be the expectation. More telling would be if we DIDN'T get an OV . . . but I'd bet money (or a beer :) ) we get him on HH for an OV.

I still think him and Garland are tied together. We'll see . . .

Kansas is adidas. It's gonna come down to IU, UofL and Kansas and I'm saying it again he will be a Hoosier next spring.
Only a feeling but I think he goes to IU too. I think he has really cooled on UK. I've said this before but I don't necessarily think he is OAD. I know they are have already sent out season ticket forms for New Albany and heard coach say they expect all home games to be sold out. Bad news is he may not make it out of Sectional cuz Floyd Central is also going to be very good with size, shooters, experience. Jeff should be much improved too with a D1 sophomore (Tulane offered) and some other good players. Should be some good Bball in Floyd and Clark Co this year.

You cant really think Floyd Central stands a chance to beat New Albany in sectional . New Albany will win the HHC and sectional no problem. New Albany will remain head and shoulders above Floyd Central and Jeff for one more season. The real fun will start post Romeo when New Albany Jeff and FC will be on a more level playing field.

IU is in his final seven...? Wow, why do we care about his final seven? I guess I'm the only one that cares if IU is in his final one. Hoo Yah.

Is it possible some schools like UK will have recruiting zipped up for next year and pass on Romeo if he waits until spring?

I know he's special but is it worth taking the chance on losing someone else while waiting?

I guess you could always Crean someone if he picks your school. :D

Is it possible some schools like UK will have recruiting zipped up for next year and pass on Romeo if he waits until spring?

I know he's special but is it worth taking the chance on losing someone else while waiting?

I guess you could always Crean someone if he picks your school. :D
Most of the guys UK gets usually waits until spring to sign so that is not a problem for them.

List for Romeo and Garland and you will see mostly the same schools

Garland- IU, Duke, KU, UK, UCLA, Vanderbilt
Romeo- IU, UK, UL, KU, UNC, Vanderbilt, UCLA

You cant really think Floyd Central stands a chance to beat New Albany in sectional . New Albany will win the HHC and sectional no problem. New Albany will remain head and shoulders above Floyd Central and Jeff for one more season. The real fun will start post Romeo when New Albany Jeff and FC will be on a more level playing field.
you must not have seen Floyd play in the summer league. They are very good and I think this is the year they snap New Albany's string against them. I'm a die hard Bulldog fan but FC is big, shoots very well, has played together now for 3 years. They pushed NA to the brink in sectional last year and don't be surprised to see them take a leap this year.

you must not have seen Floyd play in the summer league. They are very good and I think this is the year they snap New Albany's string against them. I'm a die hard Bulldog fan but FC is big, shoots very well, has played together now for 3 years. They pushed NA to the brink in sectional last year and don't be surprised to see them take a leap this year.

Floyd Central is extremely good. As good as they have been since Pat Graham was there.

IU getting an official should be the expectation. More telling would be if we DIDN'T get an OV . . . but I'd bet money (or a beer :) ) we get him on HH for an OV.

I still think him and Garland are tied together. We'll see . . .

What is the difference between an official visit and an unofficial visit? If it's that the school pays for expenses on an official, then why would he waste an official visit on IU or UL?

Yep... I looked it up. The school pays expenses like travel and lodging for an official visit. Which again makes me wonder why Romeo would take an official visit to UL under any circumstances. And likely the same for IU or UK. Official visits to UNC, KU, UCLA, Vandy... I'd get that.

Last edited:
What is the difference between an official visit and an unofficial visit? If it's that the school pays for expenses on an official, then why would he waste an official visit on IU or UL?
IMHO, anyone he is serious about will get a OV.

Tell me, who was the last big-time recruit that committed somewhere without taking an OV to that school?

IMHO, anyone he is serious about will get a OV.

Tell me, who was the last big-time recruit that committed somewhere without taking an OV to that school?

I can't answer that question. The only thing I can say is that if I were a recruit, I wouldn't waste one of my five official visits on a school that's close to where I live if UCLA wanted to fly me across the country and put me up for a couple of nights in LA. Romeo has been to Louisville and B'ton a few times unofficially already and likely will again before making a decision. He MAY take officials there as well. But if he chooses to use his officials to places that would cost more money for him to visit, that wouldn't be all that crazy of an idea.

I haven't been able to locate info on it, but did Jordan Hulls take an official to IU? I DID notice that he only had four schools on his list, so maybe he did because... why not?

Last edited:

Yep... I looked it up. The school pays expenses like travel and lodging for an official visit. Which again makes me wonder why Romeo would take an official visit to UL under any circumstances. And likely the same for IU or UK. Official visits to UNC, KU, UCLA, Vandy... I'd get that.
Aren't there also some differences in the rules between official vs. unofficial visits as to: the nature and length of communications that the coaches can make to the recruit and the length of time that the recruit/family can physically be on campus?

Can't look it up myself right now. If you can't find it I'll try to look it up later. (I like the PDF version of the NCAA D-1 rules from NCAA's web site. It keeps me from arguing with myself.)

Aren't there also some differences in the rules between official vs. unofficial visits as to: the nature and length of communications that the coaches can make to the recruit and the length of time that the recruit/family can physically be on campus?

Can't look it up myself right now. If you can't find it I'll try to look it up later. (I like the PDF version of the NCAA D-1 rules from NCAA's web site. It keeps me from arguing with myself.)

This is what I found... http://www.ncsasports.org/blog/2012/10/11/official-visits-3/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT