ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo to Belmont

But Bryce Drew played in the NBA! Nashville has some bars playing country music! Mommy and Daddy are close by!

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Isn’t it a tad hypocritical to get on a kid for wanting to stay close to home when we constantly demand that every local kid stay close to home?

Exactly, I'm not worried about Vandy or this particular recruitment. CAM got us in there and kids wanting to stick close to home is generally going to work in our favor. Can't fault the choice, for town or education. A true bball program wasn't as much of a factor for him. Tip our hat and move on.

Exactly, I'm not worried about Vandy or this particular recruitment. CAM got us in there and kids wanting to stick close to home is generally going to work in our favor. Can't fault the choice, for town or education. A true bball program wasn't as much of a factor for him. Tip our hat and move on.

He was poking fun of Vandy because their fans came over here making fun of our ISU loss all day. They made fun of our lack of recent historical success dating back to 2005. So it's ironic and quite hilarious that they lost to Belmont, that very night. I, however, don't care about the Garland commitment.

Nothing is more annoying than our fans trying to defend other teams as if they earn some scouts badge of humility. It's just a sport and this is merely a message board. Let's lighten up guys.

He was poking fun of Vandy because their fans came over here making fun of our ISU loss all day. They made fun of our lack of recent historical success dating back to 2005. So it's ironic and quite hilarious that they lost to Belmont, that very night. I, however, don't care about the Garland commitment.

Nothing is more annoying than our fans trying to defend other teams as if they earn some scouts badge of humility. It's just a sport and this is merely a message board. Let's lighten up guys.

Actually I think the Vandy fans have been pretty reasonable and I've read a ton of their comments. Mostly they've defended their city and program. I've been to Nashville and been to their campus and know a few grads. It's all good. They are much less obnoxious or agitating than UK or PU fans. It's not a matter of defending another program, it's a matter of recognizing the reality of the situation. They have a great city and school, albeit with more limited bball history and success. The ISU loss was embarrassing, and our elite level success is decades old. What's the big deal about any of that?

Reactions: Deli owl
I lived just south of Nashville in the early 70s, for about 3 years, (in Columbia) & I went to several Vandy games.
They didn't win all that often, but the local fans didn't seem to care.
It was a good time to go to a game & then hit the bar scene.

Nice game Vandy, you played tough.

I’m happy for Vandy getting Garland. What’s gonna suck is when a basketball school comes looking to talk with their current coach. If he can pull 5* players to Vandy, think of what he could do at University X, Y, or Z. Or, maybe he’ll stay and turn Vandy into another Duke. I’m betting he leaves if a big boy comes calling.

Actually I think the Vandy fans have been pretty reasonable and I've read a ton of their comments. Mostly they've defended their city and program. I've been to Nashville and been to their campus and know a few grads. It's all good. They are much less obnoxious or agitating than UK or PU fans. It's not a matter of defending another program, it's a matter of recognizing the reality of the situation. They have a great city and school, albeit with more limited bball history and success. The ISU loss was embarrassing, and our elite level success is decades old. What's the big deal about any of that?

It was a JOKE.....to poke fun at someone that got the better of us with the Garland commitment and that we looked bad vs ISU.

it wasn't some grand attempt at denying were the IU program is...... jezzzzz......lol

Reactions: IUgradman
I’m happy for Vandy getting Garland. What’s gonna suck is when a basketball school comes looking to talk with their current coach. If he can pull 5* players to Vandy, think of what he could do at University X, Y, or Z. Or, maybe he’ll stay and turn Vandy into another Duke. I’m betting he leaves if a big boy comes calling.
I just hope a big boy doesn’t come after Miller if he does well at iu.

The big deal is that sounds rational and reasonable which appears isn't allowed on this board. Only knee jerk, overly emotional responses, please.

Reactions: kkott
It was a JOKE.....to poke fun at someone that got the better of us with the Garland commitment and that we looked bad vs ISU.

it wasn't some grand attempt at denying were the IU program is...... jezzzzz......lol

That's fine, there are just alot of people whining about Vandy folks coming here and crowing, and posts like this only increase that. Frankly I like having other team's fans post here as long as they aren't aholes. Most of the Vandy posts I've read haven't been like that. The IA, MI St and UNC fans have generally been good. PU and UK, not always so much!

Time.....out.

So you come on and whine about someone poking fun at Vandy and now you are saying others are whining? Its you that we are asking "what's the big deal about any of that?" So someone poked back fun at Vandy?.....good. That's what opposing fans do especially on their own message board. You started to defend them and we called you out. Not a big deal at all but you decided to go down that path. To pretend its not defending when its precisely what it is makes no sense.

I just hope a big boy doesn’t come after Miller if he does well at iu.

IU is one of the big boys. We’ve had incompetent people making the last few hires. I’ll wait and see what Miller can end up doing. I think he can/will do well. If a coach does well at IU, what school would you consider a “step up”? I could understand if you were talkie about the IU football program and a coach doing well

That's fine, there are just alot of people whining about Vandy folks coming here and crowing, and posts like this only increase that. Frankly I like having other team's fans post here as long as they aren't aholes. Most of the Vandy posts I've read haven't been like that. The IA, MI St and UNC fans have generally been good. PU and UK, not always so much!
Vandy has fans? How many?

Reactions: YOTHN and IUgradman
Time.....out.

So you come on and whine about someone poking fun at Vandy and now you are saying others are whining? Its you that we are asking "what's the big deal about any of that?" So someone poked back fun at Vandy?.....good. That's what opposing fans do especially on their own message board. You started to defend them and we called you out. Not a big deal at all but you decided to go down that path. To pretend its not defending when its precisely what it is makes no sense.

welcome to the terrordome. lol

I lived just south of Nashville in the early 70s, for about 3 years, (in Columbia) & I went to several Vandy games.
They didn't win all that often, but the local fans didn't seem to care.
It was a good time to go to a game & then hit the bar scene.

I like Vandy too. They are like the anti-UK. Their alumni know things, have lives, and contribute to society.

Many UK fans are paying rent to Vandy grads, even as we speak.

IU is one of the big boys. We’ve had incompetent people making the last few hires. I’ll wait and see what Miller can end up doing. I think he can/will do well. If a coach does well at IU, what school would you consider a “step up”? I could understand if you were talkie about the IU football program and a coach doing well

No were not.... but we could be again. A step up from IU is interesting with what we pay. Maybe UNC, UK, KU or Duke. Everything is in place here, let's hope Archie is the guy to get us there!

No were not.... but we could be again. A step up from IU is interesting with what we pay. Maybe UNC, UK, KU or Duke. Everything is in place here, let's hope Archie is the guy to get us there!

We’re still a big boy. We’ve been on a rough stretch, but still one of the big boys. IU is a sleeping giant that’s hopefully hired the right type of coach this time.

Any IU fans making fun of Vandy losing must not have noticed that we've started our season too. I mean come on people...we lost to ISU by 30.

Any IU fans making fun of Vandy losing must not have noticed that we've started our season too. I mean come on people...we lost to ISU by 30.

Good point. IU sux!
#IMEANAMIRIGHT?!?!?

Fan message boards are about talking sports and making fun of opposing teams. They made fun of IU losing so of COURSE we are going to make fun of them losing. Good lord people.

P.S. 90-69 = 30??

Actually 22

Good point. IU sux!
#IMEANAMIRIGHT?!?!?

Fan message boards are about talking sports and making fun of opposing teams. They made fun of IU losing so of COURSE we are going to make fun of them losing. Good lord people.

P.S. 90-69 = 30??
We were down 30 most of the 2nd half. I turned it off before it was over. Is there really a difference between 20 and 30 when we're playing Indiana St? Either one is pitiful.

And I'm not down on the team. I think we have talent and we'll get better. I like Archie as coach. I'm just saying we may want to ease up at throwing stones right now.

Reactions: 82hoosier
We were down 30 most of the 2nd half. I turned it off before it was over. Is there really a difference between 20 and 30 when we're playing Indiana St? Either one is pitiful.

And I'm not down on the team. I think we have talent and we'll get better. I like Archie as coach. I'm just saying we may want to ease up at throwing stones right now.

Some would rather throw stones at trolls from Vandy than other IU fans, but obviously you’re not of that mindset. You may want to ease up on throwing stones right now.

Reactions: YOTHN

Yeah, its a third of a difference.

I didn't say you are down on the team or aren't a fan. But it get's annoying because there's always one person in our fan base who takes the side of opponents as if they are the social justice police. They had trolls dogging IU for the ISU loss. So it was ironic and amazingly hilarious to see them go down the very next night to another mid-major. We aren't ACTUALLY throwing stones, you know? It's all in good fun.

I'm a Cat fan living in Nashville and see Vandy often. Vandy will never be Duke mainly due to Vandy won't stoop to such low academic standards as Duke has lately. (See Duke's Fr. class this year for example.)

ADVERTISEMENT