ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo Langford

Calipari led that team to winning the conference tourney, and is playing in the tourney as a 5 seed. With 4 Final Fours and a title in the last 8 years.

We’re sitting at home again for the 6th time in 10 years. It’s always next year for IU fans. Maybe we need to adjust our strategy.

IU did adjust strategy although a couple of years late. i would never want to see my university program become what UK has become, but the adjustment was overdue.

You clearly have never really seen him play, or you have no clue about basketball. I'll accept either answer from you.
He will learn to play all the time and not be nonchalant on the court.
Looks like he only goes after the sure rebound or defensive play, and holds back if it's
might not work for him eg--laid off Bell as he came down the court for the winning basket.

Reactions: IUgradman
Looks like he only goes after the sure rebound or defensive play, and holds back if it's
might not work for him eg--laid off Bell as he came down the court for the winning basket.

He was just off his hip the entire drive until Bell pulled up, not to mention he was rubbed off a ball screen in the back court.

In a perfect world, Romeo would've made Bell turn, but let's be clear on something, Bell is a superior athlete to Romeo. If they are identical in terms of quickness, Bell is much stronger and uses that to his advantage. All Bell had to do was get fouled, and my guess is he knew his reads, get deep enough or late enough into the clock to change speeds into a shot or get fouled.

Romeo could've contested his vision a little, but it's hard to tell where he actually is on Bell. He wasn't ahead of Bell, that's for sure, and on his left side, there wasn't much else he could do.

The more I thought about your post, the more I wonder do you know anything about the game or remotely have a clue of what you saw?

Who's guarding the screener?
Why isn't he there to help?

Why doesn't #5 help and force the pass?

These are all questions you ask of an NBA team in a scramble situation, and these are all questions which are hard to answer when one single FT wins the game.

Reactions: Hoosier Manic
The more I thought about your post, the more I wonder do you know anything about the game or remotely have a clue of what you saw?

Who's guarding the screener?
Why isn't he there to help?

Why doesn't #5 help and force the pass?

These are all questions you ask of an NBA team in a scramble situation, and these are all questions which are hard to answer when one single FT wins the game.

Whatever you say

An interesting take in the article related to the relative opportunities:

"Even without Romeo Langford, Vanderbilt has stock-piled the greatest recruiting class in program history. The addition of Langford would easily push Vanderbilt onto the short-list of contenders to win the 2019 National Championship."
neither iu or vandy are going to sniff the title next year, with or without romeo. kansas maybe.

"Even without Romeo Langford, Vanderbilt has stock-piled the greatest recruiting class in program history. The addition of Langford would easily push Vanderbilt onto the short-list of contenders to win the 2019 National Championship."
Interesting because it's so sorely wrong...almost along the lines of comical...

That is my thinking as well. I think it's wishful thinking on their part.
They say that Mack will most likely get all of the de-committed recruits back, since none of them have committed elsewhere.
As far as the sanctions, there won't be any because it's too big for the NCAA to deal with, so the whole thing will be forgotten. Lol.
If no team faces repercussions for this thing, then....I dont even know where to begin.
That would be ridiculous. What is the selling point? Zero recruits coming in and serious NCAA sanctions are likely. Romeo has no relationship with Mack and will take his final college visit to IU in April.

lol

That is my thinking as well. I think it's wishful thinking on their part.
They say that Mack will most likely get all of the de-committed recruits back, since none of them have committed elsewhere.
As far as the sanctions, there won't be any because it's too big for the NCAA to deal with, so the whole thing will be forgotten. Lol.
If no team faces repercussions for this thing, then....I dont even know where to begin.

Welp, best of luck to Mack. There are only 3 of those guys that remain uncommitted (Langford, Simmons, Ramey) and none of them were ever offered by Mack/Xavier.

As for Langford, Macks got 5 weeks to pull that off while trying to build relationships/ just keep the current players on the roster.

And people say IU fans are delusional...

My UL peeps now feel that after Mack is named their new coach, Romeo is theirs.
Just can't see that at all since Romeo cut UL because of the sanctions that is pending and not the coaching situation. Also he did not look at Xavier so he has no relationship with Mack and the they have said a relationship with the coach is very important to him.

Welp, best of luck to Mack. There are only 3 of those guys that remain uncommitted (Langford, Simmons, Ramey) and none of them were ever offered by Mack/Xavier.

As for Langford, Macks got 5 weeks to pull that off while trying to build relationships/ just keep the current players on the roster.

And people say IU fans are delusional...
Simmons is entering the NBA Draft

Reactions: HoosierDave09
Just can't see that at all since Romeo cut UL because of the sanctions that is pending and not the coaching situation. Also he did not look at Xavier so he has no relationship with Mack and the they have said a relationship with the coach is very important to him.
Louisville is going to be bad for years.

Reactions: gmcmino

"Even without Romeo Langford, Vanderbilt has stock-piled the greatest recruiting class in program history. The addition of Langford would easily push Vanderbilt onto the short-list of contenders to win the 2019 National Championship."[/QUOTE

Too funny.

RL sure has potential teammates in his ear over the next few weeks. Is he playing in the Indiana All Star game, and if so when is it being held?

RL sure has potential teammates in his ear over the next few weeks. Is he playing in the Indiana All Star game, and if so when is it being held?

The Indiana all stars don't report for practice until June. Romeo Langford will wear #1 and Jim Shannon will be coaching.

Too bad it is after his announcement. Wish RP and co. Had a chance to play with him before his decision. It really doesn't matter, as he has to be leaning somewhere already at this point.
If it's IU the AS game will be off the hook. If not, tickets will be easy.

All 3 schools are very confident that they are going to land him, and all 3 have a very legit reason to feel so. The Kansas kids there think he is just waiting to see what Newman and Vick does with their decisions for entering the draft. Been selling there's the "Duke boys" join the "Kansas boys" and compete like them for a national title next year.

RL has been true to his word. He did not get caught up in the moment and announce anything this week, even with the much talked about "recruiting" by Garland. He did not add Louisville or anyone else into the mix. He is still on target with his time frame. I'll take those as good signs for IU, since I'm an IU fan.

All 3 schools are very confident that they are going to land him, and all 3 have a very legit reason to feel so. The Kansas kids there think he is just waiting to see what Newman and Vick does with their decisions for entering the draft. Been selling there's the "Duke boys" join the "Kansas boys" and compete like them for a national title next year.

Is Romeo going to Kansas and Vandy for a last visit?

Romeo said that he is sure he will have a face to face with Coach Drew before he decides.

RL has been true to his word. He did not get caught up in the moment and announce anything this week, even with the much talked about "recruiting" by Garland. He did not add Louisville or anyone else into the mix. He is still on target with his time frame. I'll take those as good signs for IU, since I'm an IU fan.

I’m kinda over it at this point. I half expect him to announce in a couple of weeks that he’ll decide in October or something.

I’m kinda over it at this point. I half expect him to announce in a couple of weeks that he’ll decide in October or something.
051462e90906c95866972af652f81e3dd6d9ac-wm.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT