ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo Langford

I'm afraid you're dreaming. The only reason he hasn't announced is he doesn't want to hear all the flak for not picking IU.

I'm afraid you're dreaming. The only reason he hasn't announced is he doesn't want to hear all the flak for not picking IU.

Because that is why Gary Harris, Kris Wilkes, Trey Lyles, Marquis Teague, Kyle Guy, etc. all waited until after their senior season to announce their decision. Romeo has been a spring decision all along. Nothing to do with the IU fanbase.

Reactions: echs86
Archie stopped visiting Darius when it was clear he was going to Vandy so this does seem like an indication Romeo is at least still considering us.

Last edited:
Reactions: HoosierAlice
I'm in the camp that he's already Vandy bound but if we do get that last visit as the interwebs have rumored... I'll be more bullish.

After watching two full games of him I've changed my IU comp. He's not Eric Gordon...he's the reincarnation of Jay Edwards but is a little better in traffic, around the bucket.

If a coach could get Romeo to play hard or with a ferocity that Eric Gordon had...oh my.

I'm in the camp that he's already Vandy bound but if we do get that last visit as the interwebs have rumored... I'll be more bullish.

After watching two full games of him I've changed my IU comp. He's not Eric Gordon...he's the reincarnation of Jay Edwards but is a little better in traffic, around the bucket.

If a coach could get Romeo to play hard or with a ferocity that Eric Gordon had...oh my.
Yep lock the thread he is off to vandy. Bryce drew is a recruiting genious.

I'm not sure Vandy has ever been a serious player for him. I was told a lot of that was made up by the Garlands.

I'm not sure Vandy has ever been a serious player for him. I was told a lot of that was made up by the Garlands.
I agree but the negative nellies
You guys are barking up the wrong tree...the real competition for Romeo is between IU and Kansas, not Vanderbilt...
I agree. It's just funny listening to all the negative nellies. The Romeo to vandy crowd.

What are you talking about? I’ve been hearing IU lately, just FYI so nobody calls me a troll, but if Vanderbilt wasn’t a “serious player”, then why are they in his final 3? I can’t wait until this is over. I will be his biggest fan if he comes here, but won’t be surprised if he goes to Vandy/Kansas. Kansas also worries me. They are flying under the radar.

I heard a connected gut from evansville says he is vandy bound. I guess the garland pull is all to real.

he's Kobe.

i'm not getting my hopes up, but maybe the best 2 guard in Indiana since Oscar.

an amazing talent.

Last edited:
How weird. I’ve been hearing IU. It’s almost a guarantee he will be visiting IU once more, aswell. Guess the fan pull is all too real.

Garland the alpha dog got to him way back. The pull garland has with him is very strong. Maybe he will choose iu but playing with garland and shittu is a huge draw for romeo.

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...077002/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Romeo will decide late April where to commit.

In terms of a location...They are considering several options, including making the announcement at the school or perhaps out in the community, with New Albany Mayor Jeff Gahan helping to reveal Romeo’s decision.

Sounds like it would be weird to announce at H.S or in New Albany if he wasn't staying home...

Speculate away!

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...077002/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Romeo will decide late April where to commit.

In terms of a location...They are considering several options, including making the announcement at the school or perhaps out in the community, with New Albany Mayor Jeff Gahan helping to reveal Romeo’s decision.

Sounds like it would be weird to announce at H.S or in New Albany if he wasn't staying home...

Speculate away!
It’s to get another look at IU. They were going to decide at McD all american game unless they made the state finals.

Reactions: IUgradman
Garland the alpha dog got to him way back. The pull garland has with him is very strong. Maybe he will choose iu but playing with garland and shittu is a huge draw for romeo.
You have no idea. Stop acting like you do. You have no clue what Romeo looks for in a school. He never said that playing with a friend is important to him. It’s a coach that could develop his players to prepare him for the NBA.

It’s to get another look at IU. They were going to decide at McD all american game unless they made the state finals.

Yes, they do want to visit IU one more time. The article is stating though that regardless of his high school season outcome, he wants to wait until after all the national all-star games are completed to announce (in other words, he could lose next week, visit IU during the 23-24th weekend, and still wouldn't announce at the Mcdonald's game). He would also have the option to visit IU from March 30-April 1st before leaving to go to the Jordan Brand Classic on the 8th.

You have no idea. Stop acting like you do. You have no clue what Romeo looks for in a school. He never said that playing with a friend is important to him. It’s a coach that could develop his players to prepare him for the NBA.
Sounds like Romeo is as good of a friend with Phinnesse as he is with Garland. Did not see Garland make the drive up to see his friend play like RP did and it is not that much farther f RP as is would have been for Garland.

The Evansville guy is very connected
giphy.gif

Vanderbilt has the #1 PF and #3 PG signed already.
Our lowest rated signee #57 Nationally is almost higher than Indiana’s top recruit.

Vanderbilt also has 5 Star #2 PF EJ Montgomery officially visiting after these All-Star games. Allegedly a package deal with Romeo.

There’s a reason Vanderbilt is a serious contender. Romeo and EJ would technically give Vanderbilt the #1 overall class over Duke. Would Romeo even make Indiana a top 20 class based on average player rating? Serious question.

I get the hometown pull (sort of, even though he’s been a Louisville fan his whole life and it’s right outside Louisville) for Indiana. That would be tough to turn down. But there’s a 0% chance to win a title at Indiana next year. Vanderbilt could have 4 5 Star True Freshman starters along with a high 4 star that led the nation in 3% percentage. That team would have a shot.
From pretender to contenders?

Our lowest rated signee #57 Nationally is almost higher than Indiana’s top recruit.

Vanderbilt also has 5 Star #2 PF EJ Montgomery officially visiting after these All-Star games. Allegedly a package deal with Romeo.

There’s a reason Vanderbilt is a serious contender. Romeo and EJ would technically give Vanderbilt the #1 overall class over Duke. Would Romeo even make Indiana a top 20 class based on average player rating? Serious question.

I get the hometown pull (sort of, even though he’s been a Louisville fan his whole life and it’s right outside Louisville) for Indiana. That would be tough to turn down. But there’s a 0% chance to win a title at Indiana next year. Vanderbilt could have 4 5 Star True Freshman starters along with a high 4 star that led the nation in 3% percentage. That team would have a shot.
Relax about EJ Montgomery. Cal, Roy Williams, and Coach K are in the mix with him. Plus, Bryce is surely out of money with Shittu and Garland coming in. If you know anything about Romeo, he isn’t a package deal with anyone.

Lol...whatever...you Vanderbilt guys are so cute...

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT