ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo Langford

I don't think Bailey did it. I'm almost positive that Austin and Kemp were 1-2 in the voting that year...can't remember if Bailey edged out Chandler Thompson for 3rd or not. Pretty certain he finished ahead of everybody in that year's junior class (P.Graham, G. Graham, Cheaney, Lawson, etc.)

That dunk even got a smile out of romeo on the next dead ball...well a smirk at least...

Totally agree on the demeanor and Calbert comparison.
I can really see that in both players.

Also agree with the other comment about wishing all players
played that way.

Do tired of seeing the "He-Man" muscle pose after a player dunks the ball
in games today.

Coaching staff at New Albany does not know where Romeo will attend college. The Langfords are keeping a tight lip about it down here in New Albany. Most likely Romeo does not know either. I wish the kid the best wherever he goes and I will always support him as a fan. He is a true class act!

Thought I had about this, the main draw at Vanderbilt appears to be Garland. That kid was pretty outspoken about playing for the hometown team, but he has also been forceful on Twitter about getting Romeo to play with him because of their friendship.

If I was Tim Langford I would tell Romeo to tell Darius that he was planning on going to IU for all the reasons Darius said he wanted to go to Vanderbilt and then see his reaction. Then you get to see how much of a friend Garland really is.

Exactly. It is important for Darius to play for the hometown team but not OK for Romeo to play for the state school? Makes sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: HoosierAlice
Looks like they're building some excitement and momentum in their program, doesn't it? Good for them.
Wish I could say the same about IU. Don't understand why Vanderbilt has become a destination place for 5 star basketball recruits. Makes absolutely no sense.

Reactions: IUgradman
IU makes the most sense for Romeo in the long term. Indiana is a basketball state. Tennessee is not. The business potential in the state of Indiana alone after basketball would be priceless if he played at IU. Absolute hero in the state of Indiana. Or just another pro-potential prospect at an out of state school. It is a no brainer to me if I was in his shoes.

IU makes the most sense for Romeo in the long term. Indiana is a basketball state. Tennessee is not. The business potential in the state of Indiana alone after basketball would be priceless if he played at IU. Absolute hero in the state of Indiana. Or just another pro-potential prospect at an out of state school. It is a no brainer to me if I was in his shoes.
Don't say shoes. Don't say anything whatsoever about shoes.

Reactions: cshartle123

I honestly didn't even think about it that way but it is definitely a good point (and makes going to Vandy even more puzzling). Romeo may say he enjoys signing autographs/ taking photos with fans but I think deep down he realizes that it ultimately helps build his brand/ reputation. From a potential business standpoint (sponsorships & advertising deals) then IU or KU would be much better options. So many more companies, both local and national, would be interested in doing business with an individual that draws a ton of media attention & crowds. Romeo will be a fine NBA player regardless of where he goes, so why not go to a well-known basketball program that will help you gain the exposure you deserve.

Trayce Jackson Davis unofficially with 26 points, 11 boards and 8 blocks.

Romeo had 26 points.

Those two facing off tonight.

I want both but to me Davis is the must get for the program, especially with the momentum we've built with him.

Archie was there watching and sitting next to...Rob Phinesse.

Lot's of future IU potential in Seymour today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT