ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo got some time last night

As I said, I see what you see and think it's entirely possible he doesn't have the temperament to excel in the NBA. The difference is, I'm not hoping for it. That's the part that sucks.

The only reason why I hope it happens is to validate my beliefs in basketball players. As vain as that might be.

All the starters sit for rest, romeo gets some real time to shine 30mins today!!!

The stat stuffer had 4 rebounds, 4 assists, a TO, no steals no blocks and romeo putting up romeo shooting numbers going 3-9 logging 6 points.

All the starters sit for rest, romeo gets some real time to shine 30mins today!!!

The stat stuffer had 4 rebounds, 4 assists, a TO, no steals no blocks and romeo putting up romeo shooting numbers going 3-9 logging 6 points.

He also is out for the remainder of the season with another wrist/hand injury. Same hand I think. I'm sure you're ecstatic.

Another DNP against the magic. I would guess something will trigger romeo to leave the bubble before the Celtics are eliminated. The narrative will change to just a shame he couldn’t stay healthy, so much talent just couldn’t catch a break. I know this crowd too well.

why Would I be ecstatic? @kkott I’m use to being right, nothing new for me. :)

Reactions: Lucy01
why Would I be ecstatic? @kkott I’m use to being right, nothing new for me. :)

Oh, you can try and play it off, but I think your d*ck got hard when you heard; your obsession is that weird. Glad TB had a good game; the more Hoosiers in the league, the better for us.

Reactions: MrBing
Oh, you can try and play it off, but I think your d*ck got hard when you heard; your obsession is that weird. Glad TB had a good game; the more Hoosiers in the league, the better for us.

It wasn’t on tv, and I just checked the scoreboard. I heard the news when you reported it. I’ll blame it on morning wood :).

and this narrative of romeo doing well in the league the better for us..... come on that’s retarded. We have At least 6 guys in the league better than romeo. If it helps recruiting, maybe maybe it is a fraction of a factor. But no1 really cares. A kid is not saying ya let me go their cuz vic went to IU!!! Let’s be real. It is good for us to have guys get drafted, but any decent team has the same thing. If we didn’t it would be a problem.

and this narrative of romeo doing well in the league the better for us..... come on that’s retarded. We have At least 6 guys in the league better than romeo. If it helps recruiting, maybe maybe it is a fraction of a factor. But no1 really cares. A kid is not saying ya let me go their cuz vic went to IU!!! Let’s be real. It is good for us to have guys get drafted, but any decent team has the same thing. If we didn’t it would be a problem.

You make some good points, but then you have some of the goofiest f'ing takes. Of course it's good for our guys to get drafted, and to hang in the league and do well. Every scholly player wants to believe they have a shot at the league and the best ones, for whom it's a real goal are going to definitely look more seriously at schools that are getting guys there, especially if they weren't 5* guys. We didn't get a ton of guys there for awhile, so yes, having VO, Yogi, TB, CZ, RL, OG, and JH playing or on rosters is helpful with recruiting. Awhile ago you said it didn't matter if guys led their team in scoring if they weren't at highly ranked program. Wonder what Ben Simmons, Damian Lillard, Paul George's or Markelle Fultz's opinion is on that? Of course, they weren't on top ranked teams so it didn't matter right?

You make some good points, but then you have some of the goofiest f'ing takes. Of course it's good for our guys to get drafted, and to hang in the league and do well. Every scholly player wants to believe they have a shot at the league and the best ones, for whom it's a real goal are going to definitely look more seriously at schools that are getting guys there, especially if they weren't 5* guys. We didn't get a ton of guys there for awhile, so yes, having VO, Yogi, TB, CZ, RL, OG, and JH playing or on rosters is helpful with recruiting. Awhile ago you said it didn't matter if guys led their team in scoring if they weren't at highly ranked program. Wonder what Ben Simmons, Damian Lillard, Paul George's or Markelle Fultz's opinion is on that? Of course, they weren't on top ranked teams so it didn't matter right?

I was saying we get guys drafted so how well they do isn’t making or breaking recruiting. Gonna have good ones like vic and busts like Romeo. As long as we get guys drafted that’s all that matters. We agree there.

and yes their are unicorns in everything. Name me 5 more guys that are doing well that couldn’t get to the tourney and were the leaders of their teams. And what hand is fultz shooting with now? Is he doing anything these days? I haven’t followed the sixers, guessing he is still with them. Simmons still can’t shoot. And they still suck.

I was saying we get guys drafted so how well they do isn’t making or breaking recruiting. Gonna have good ones like vic and busts like Romeo. As long as we get guys drafted that’s all that matters. We agree there.

and yes their are unicorns in everything. Name me 5 more guys that are doing well that couldn’t get to the tourney and were the leaders of their teams. And what hand is fultz shooting with now? Is he doing anything these days? I haven’t followed the sixers, guessing he is still with them. Simmons still can’t shoot. And they still suck.
I hope you’re just trolling. This is a ridiculous thread.

Reactions: kkott

That's just dumb: you don't think it matters to have guys from a program hang in the league? Ever consider why companies dump millions into ad campaigns and sponsorships? Every year they hang around has the potential to help our recruiting.

Simmons is making close to 35mill a year I think, so someone thinks his shooting is OK. The league is full of guys who led their team and weren't on "good" teams, moreso now than ever. I just picked some I could think of. If you can play, they'll find you. And if a school has several NBA players, yes, it's going to help make it a more attractive destination for good high school prospects... does that really need to be said?

That's just dumb: you don't think it matters to have guys from a program hang in the league? Ever consider why companies dump millions into ad campaigns and sponsorships? Every year they hang around has the potential to help our recruiting.

Simmons is making close to 35mill a year I think, so someone thinks his shooting is OK. The league is full of guys who led their team and weren't on "good" teams, moreso now than ever. I just picked some I could think of. If you can play, they'll find you. And if a school has several NBA players, yes, it's going to help make it a more attractive destination for good high school prospects... does that really need to be said?

no1 thinks ben Simmons can shoot. Not even his mom. I can literally shoot better than him. He does not take any shots out of the paint. It is insane. Oh and fultz is on the magic and still sucks. 2nd biggest bust at #1 in the last 10-15 years. Bennett takes the cake.

Sure it is good to have guys in the league, and IU does and will have them in the league. What I am saying is since we have so many, individually they don’t need to all stick around. I promise you romeo staying in the league for 15 years or 5 has no impact on any kid coming to IU to play basketball. Not one bit. To think they care how long romeo is gonna be in the league, to determine if they should go to IU is so so dumb.

Simmons is being payed to be a 6'9" plyamaking PG, not as a scorer. Ben Simmons can not shoot.

Simmons is being payed to be a 6'9" plyamaking PG, not as a scorer. Ben Simmons can not shoot.

You guys are missing the point... I know he's not a great shooter, and yet a team was still willing to pay him nearly $35 mill a year... so yeah, someone thinks his shooting is OK enough! Just like Dennis Rodman, or Dale Davis or Ben Wallace's shooting was OK enough to allow them to hang in the league 10+ years. Plus, that's not even the point of the post, which was that it helps promote our program to good HS prospects the more IU alums we have in the league... ie, it's good for IU if Romeo, et al, have good and long careers, and Romeo expanding his game beyond offense/scoring will help him do that. Get enough nits, or do we need to pick a few more?

="kkott, post: Get enough nits, or do we need to pick a few more?

Romeo sat out the NIT, he didn't even get that. ;).

Romeo staying in the league from here on out has absolutely 0 impact on any HS kid coming to IU. none. No kid is gonna say oh Romeo was a bust I am not going there, or Romeo made it 15 years Im going there. Come on man, lets be real.

Him Noah CZ and Vic getting drafted in the lottery is good, that stat can help, but no1 is saying welllll Romeo really slipped up in the NBA, Im out on IU. So dumb.

Romeo sat out the NIT, he didn't even get that. ;).

Romeo staying in the league from here on out has absolutely 0 impact on any HS kid coming to IU. none. No kid is gonna say oh Romeo was a bust I am not going there, or Romeo made it 15 years Im going there. Come on man, lets be real.

Him Noah CZ and Vic getting drafted in the lottery is good, that stat can help, but no1 is saying welllll Romeo really slipped up in the NBA, Im out on IU. So dumb.

What do we have: 8-9 guys in the league, and a couple tenous at best? Let's say Romeo is injured or a bust, EG retires and another player or two fail to make an impact and drop from their rosters. See how suddenly we go from 8-9, which is a pretty impressive # for IU, to 4, which is nothing special and no longer becomes a unique selling point for our program? As in good marketing and advertising, exposure helps. Romeo not just hanging, but doing well enough to be recognized, or any IU NBA player for that matter, helps in degrees. I agree there's dumb in this thread, and the reason you smell it, like bo, is because it's you!

so yeah, someone thinks his shooting is OK enough!

Now you are back tracking to "ok enough" instead of someone thinks he "can shoot."

Now after you look at this graphic from the start of last season. Literally no1 will think he can shoot, cuz I just flipped your opinion like a pancake my man.

What do we have: 8-9 guys in the league, and a couple tenous at best? Let's say Romeo is injured or a bust, EG retires and another player or two fail to make an impact and drop from their rosters. See how suddenly we go from 8-9, which is a pretty impressive # for IU, to 4, which is nothing special and no longer becomes a unique selling point for our program? As in good marketing and advertising, exposure helps. Romeo not just hanging, but doing well enough to be recognized, or any IU NBA player for that matter, helps in degrees. I agree there's dumb in this thread, and the reason you smell it, like bo, is because it's you!

Oh, I just got you on this one and Im rubbing it in. OG is staying, TB is staying, Vic's an all star, Noah will be around for awhile he is built like an ox and the ol Knicks coach called him the best overall player on the team a few years ago.... And we are putting 2 more in the league next year. Jerome is coming, and no1 will give a shit about Romeo. Just admit it :)

Oh, I just got you on this one and Im rubbing it in. OG is staying, TB is staying, Vic's an all star, Noah will be around for awhile he is built like an ox and the ol Knicks coach called him the best overall player on the team a few years ago.... And we are putting 2 more in the league next year. Jerome is coming, and no1 will give a shit about Romeo. Just admit it :)

It's possible, but it's also entirely possible that OG has another injury, and Yogi, and Juwan drop, EG retires and the best overall player on the Knicks, (let's see, that was 3 teams ago?) fails to make a roster. You want to argue about whether Simmons shoots well enough to make 30+ mill a year (he does, it's moot!) and then you want to talk about how solid NV's grasp is on an NBA roster on his, what 6th team, because he's built like an ox? Ox-like is not an attribute that many NBA execs are looking for now, obviously. Romeo being a lottery pick, making a roster and doing well is good for IU, period, and as an IU fan, that's exactly what I hope he does. You?

It's possible, but it's also entirely possible that OG has another injury, and Yogi, and Juwan drop, EG retires and the best overall player on the Knicks, (let's see, that was 3 teams ago?) fails to make a roster. You want to argue about whether Simmons shoots well enough to make 30+ mill a year (he does, it's moot!) and then you want to talk about how solid NV's grasp is on an NBA roster on his, what 6th team, because he's built like an ox? Ox-like is not an attribute that many NBA execs are looking for now, obviously. Romeo being a lottery pick, making a roster and doing well is good for IU, period, and as an IU fan, that's exactly what I hope he does. You?

This post really in a nutshell is why I dislike Romeo. I have an easy Monday and hit the bong this morning, soooooo buckle up.

Now you weren't taking shots at Noah at all, but you went out of your way to list his shortcomings in the league and your pessimistic belief of him sticking in the league, I would say that is fair? If Romeo has the same path as Noah in career you would not have painted the picture the same way. You would have said something along the lines of Boston was a contender and guard heavy so he couldn't stick, then a new narrative (excuse) would come in to play on the next team, and the next.

But when I cherry pick what a former coach (fizzzz lot of respect for his bball mind as an announcer, obviously coaching took a hit with the Knicks) says you throw it back like it isn't true. When someone on here cherry picked a ridiculous comment fluff piece about Romeo it got like 10 likes.... most by far in this thread. There is this Romeo love affair that I have grown to despise. He is lauded at by the IU faithful and it really irks me.

I have tried to figure out why the love affair with him exists? I mean unless you live under a rock he is the most likely player ever to play at IU to have some sort of cheating go with him. He would never have went to IU if Rick didn't get canned. His dad got paid by Adidas "legally" and he had a deal done with them. You think otherwise you are insane. IU was the side piece. He was one and done and didn't even care when he played. But everyone acts like he did IU this huge favor by coming here. We didn't even make the tourney!!!!

So much sour taste in my mouth with Romeo, and shocked others don't feel the same way. In fact, just the opposite... Herman B. Wells jr. over here

This post really in a nutshell is why I dislike Romeo. I have an easy Monday and hit the bong this morning, soooooo buckle up.

Now you weren't taking shots at Noah at all, but you went out of your way to list his shortcomings in the league and your pessimistic belief of him sticking in the league, I would say that is fair? If Romeo has the same path as Noah in career you would not have painted the picture the same way. You would have said something along the lines of Boston was a contender and guard heavy so he couldn't stick, then a new narrative (excuse) would come in to play on the next team, and the next.

But when I cherry pick what a former coach (fizzzz lot of respect for his bball mind as an announcer, obviously coaching took a hit with the Knicks) says you throw it back like it isn't true. When someone on here cherry picked a ridiculous comment fluff piece about Romeo it got like 10 likes.... most by far in this thread. There is this Romeo love affair that I have grown to despise. He is lauded at by the IU faithful and it really irks me.

I have tried to figure out why the love affair with him exists? I mean unless you live under a rock he is the most likely player ever to play at IU to have some sort of cheating go with him. He would never have went to IU if Rick didn't get canned. His dad got paid by Adidas "legally" and he had a deal done with them. You think otherwise you are insane. IU was the side piece. He was one and done and didn't even care when he played. But everyone acts like he did IU this huge favor by coming here. We didn't even make the tourney!!!!

So much sour taste in my mouth with Romeo, and shocked others don't feel the same way. In fact, just the opposite... Herman B. Wells jr. over here

It has to do with human nature, not Hoosier nature: Romeo was a standout IN HS player... one of the best HS careers of all time. NV wasn't so while Romeo has been known to IU fans for years and we got the "reward" of him choosing IU, NV's 1 year at IU was just that: 1 year. And, NV has been in the league now for several years, so his NBA die is pretty much cast... Romeo's is yet to be written. I didn't really list NV's shortcomings, I just stated facts: he's bounced around the league more than a 10 year old ball, and calling him the best player on any team is laughable... how many "best players" play for 6 teams in 6 years? Romeo is a Hoosier legend and so his doing well could have more of an impact than most guys (ie with other top IN prospects... like KL for instance; you don't think RL coming to IU and anything to do with KL choosing IU? Really?). And, again, while I see exactly what you see, I also see those highlights and my own memories of the player Romeo can be, that makes me hope he does change trajectory and find success. Your criticisms are on point, it's the anticipation and "joy" in his possible failing that's f'd.

It has to do with human nature, not Hoosier nature: Romeo was a standout IN HS player... one of the best HS careers of all time. NV wasn't so while Romeo has been known to IU fans for years and we got the "reward" of him choosing IU, NV's 1 year at IU was just that: 1 year. And, NV has been in the league now for several years, so his NBA die is pretty much cast... Romeo's is yet to be written. I didn't really list NV's shortcomings, I just stated facts: he's bounced around the league more than a 10 year old ball, and calling him the best player on any team is laughable... how many "best players" play for 6 teams in 6 years? Romeo is a Hoosier legend and so his doing well could have more of an impact than most guys (ie with other top IN prospects... like KL for instance; you don't think RL coming to IU and anything to do with KL choosing IU? Really?). And, again, while I see exactly what you see, I also see those highlights and my own memories of the player Romeo can be, that makes me hope he does change trajectory and find success. Your criticisms are on point, it's the anticipation and "joy" in his possible failing that's f'd.

Romeo played the last 10 seconds tonight? Another one of those "wrist" injuries? Ja Morant fractured his thumb and played through it, but not sure you play 10 seconds instead of getting it fixed?

Romeo played the last 10 seconds tonight? Another one of those "wrist" injuries? Ja Morant fractured his thumb and played through it, but not sure you play 10 seconds instead of getting it fixed?

Dude, I've not defended Romeo, READ what I wrote, I said your criticisms are(mostly) valid and on point, it's the hoping for and taking pleasure in his struggles that's bizarre and f'd.

Dude, I've not defended Romeo, READ what I wrote, I said your criticisms are(mostly) valid and on point, it's the hoping for and taking pleasure in his struggles that's bizarre and f'd.

like I’ve stated before. At this point I am hoping it does happen to validate my basketball perspective. Romeo is gone from IU and will not effect future kids coming here from this point forward.

I’m not grateful he came here, wish he didn’t frankly. That season was the biggest disappointment other than creans last year. I hated that season.

You guys are missing the point... I know he's not a great shooter, and yet a team was still willing to pay him nearly $35 mill a year... so yeah, someone thinks his shooting is OK enough! Just like Dennis Rodman, or Dale Davis or Ben Wallace's shooting was OK enough to allow them to hang in the league 10+ years. Plus, that's not even the point of the post, which was that it helps promote our program to good HS prospects the more IU alums we have in the league... ie, it's good for IU if Romeo, et al, have good and long careers, and Romeo expanding his game beyond offense/scoring will help him do that. Get enough nits, or do we need to pick a few more?
Quinn Buckner and Bob Wilkerson were both mediocre shooters but were winners who had long NBA careers. The idiot on here who’s continuously knocking Romeo is forgetting that Romeo is a very young player, who most importantly has the backing of his coach. I actually think he’s in a very good situation where he’s got better players in front of him who he’ll learn from. In another year or two he’s going to be a much different player with a very bright future.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Quinn Buckner and Bob Wilkerson were both mediocre shooters but were winners who had long NBA careers. The idiot on here who’s continuously knocking Romeo is forgetting that Romeo is a very young player, who most importantly has the backing of his coach. I actually think he’s in a very good situation where he’s got better players in front of him who he’ll learn from. In another year or two he’s going to be a much different player with a very bright future.

I agree with kkott that it's too early to know, and that it could go either way.

Personally, I just wanted to know whether he can effectively shoot the 3. I hate that we won't know that for another year.

I agree with kkott that it's too early to know, and that it could go either way.

Personally, I just wanted to know whether he can effectively shoot the 3. I hate that we won't know that for another year.

yeah, in this age, he's going to have to develop that shot and it would make him so much more dangerous. Lots of guys have so hopefully he can too.

Ted Bundy

Huh? You are comparing me to serial raper murder in the 70s that got executed in the late 80s? Come on bro at least do a modern reference I donn't have to look up. Only Bundy I remembered was Al, and even that one is dated. Im only 35, not to the retirement age where those references might stick..

Huh? You are comparing me to serial raper murder in the 70s that got executed in the late 80s? Come on bro at least do a modern reference I donn't have to look up. Only Bundy I remembered was Al, and even that one is dated. Im only 35, not to the retirement age where those references might stick..
So, it's more an era thing than an accuracy thing.
C'mon, Zac Efron plays him in a 2019 movie. You know, that guy from all the High School Musical shows.

So, it's more an era thing than an accuracy thing.
C'mon, Zac Efron plays him in a 2019 movie. You know, that guy from all the High School Musical shows.

For sure. You got me pegged with the serial killer/raper. That was a good one!!!!!!! So funny!!!! you got issues my man, much more than my issues of being a bit too confident in life.

For sure. You got me pegged with the serial killer/raper. That was a good one!!!!!!! So funny!!!! you got issues my man, much more than my issues of being a bit too confident in life.
Wow. For all your bullshit, I never had you pegged for a snowflake.
My bad. I'll tread lightly around you from now on.

Wow. For all your bullshit, I never had you pegged for a snowflake.
My bad. I'll tread lightly around you from now on.

Don't worry, I was just making point to tell you how bad the joke was. It was awful. I like when people insult me with some wit. But Ted Bundy out of nowhere? Come on, do better

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT