ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo got some time last night

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
All 13 players got time last night, Romeo logged 26 minutes, 3rd highest on the team. He had only played 4 minutes in the bubble before last night.

Looked like the romeo the IU fans fell in love with. He is good at getting to that corner. 1-3, 4 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists. Only Williams who logged 6 minutes had less points out of the 13.

Being honest, he looks lost and scared out there. I watched the whole game and sure I’m biased, I get that, but he doesn’t belong anywhere near an nba court until he can get some dog in him. Just goes through the motions romeo. Watching Williams and Edwards attack for example is just on another level. Effort not there from romeo IMO. Am I wrong?

All 13 players got time last night, Romeo logged 26 minutes, 3rd highest on the team. He had only played 4 minutes in the bubble before last night.

Looked like the romeo the IU fans fell in love with. He is good at getting to that corner. 1-3, 4 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists. Only Williams who logged 6 minutes had less points out of the 13.

Being honest, he looks lost and scared out there. I watched the whole game and sure I’m biased, I get that, but he doesn’t belong anywhere near an nba court until he can get some dog in him. Just goes through the motions romeo. Watching Williams and Edwards attack for example is just on another level. Effort not there from romeo IMO. Am I wrong?

Rookie? Can't say, because I didn't watch a single minute, but reacting to a single game is pointless, especially for a rookie who they're working in to the rotation. They obviously believe in him or want to give him the chance to fail... and that happens with 1st round picks. But, they kept him on the floor for 26 minutes, and he was +27 while out there; 2nd highest on the team, so he didn't handicap them too badly.

Rookie? Can't say, because I didn't watch a single minute, but reacting to a single game is pointless, especially for a rookie who they're working in to the rotation. They obviously believe in him or want to give him the chance to fail... and that happens with 1st round picks. But, they kept him on the floor for 26 minutes, and he was +27 while out there; 2nd highest on the team, so he didn't handicap them too badly.

The nets are the worst team in the bubble and god it showed last night. He just was MIA on offense. Defense not great for sure. Some good moments yes, but I saw him getting burned. Slow coming through picks, getting lost on rotation. KD and Kyrie would have made the +27 shrink just a tad.

The nets are the worst team in the bubble and god it showed last night. He just was MIA on offense. Defense not great for sure. Some good moments yes, but I saw him getting burned. Slow coming through picks, getting lost on rotation. KD and Kyrie would have made the +27 shrink just a tad.

...as it would have shrunk for everyone. I'm not saying your concerns don't have merit, I'm just saying you have some weird obsession with hoping he fails. Can he improve and play harder? Sure. Does he have talent and NBA length, athleticism and skills? Sure. Personally I think it would be kind of cool if the C's got their backcourt of the future in Romeo and Carsen last year, and I'm not rooting for either to fail.

...as it would have shrunk for everyone. I'm not saying your concerns don't have merit, I'm just saying you have some weird obsession with hoping he fails. Can he improve and play harder? Sure. Does he have talent and NBA length, athleticism and skills? Sure. Personally I think it would be kind of cool if the C's got their backcourt of the future in Romeo and Carsen last year, and I'm not rooting for either to fail.

I think he will fail. And since I have bets with friends on things about his career now I do yes in a way want him to fail. I like winning bets and being right. Keeps this ego in check! Lol.

and he has never been good IMO. I just report what he is and has been. At some point everyone will have to come around and admit I was right if this continues. You will come around sooner or later and call a spade a spade.

I think he will fail. And since I have bets with friends on things about his career now I do yes in a way want him to fail. I like winning bets and being right. Keeps this ego in check! Lol.

and he has never been good IMO. I just report what he is and has been. At some point everyone will have to come around and admit I was right if this continues. You will come around sooner or later and call a spade a spade.

He led the team in scoring and averaged 16/5 as a freshman with an injury for most of the year. That's good, no matter how you look at it. And he was also fantastic in HS, so yes, he's never been good, except at every level he's been at before now. I still say he slept with your GF!

Reactions: brianiu and Al Bino
He led the team in scoring and averaged 16/5 as a freshman with an injury for most of the year. That's good, no matter how you look at it. And he was also fantastic in HS, so yes, he's never been good, except at every level he's been at before now. I still say he slept with your GF!
You forgot to mention, it was a very bad team.

I never saw him in HS just some highlight tapes prob made by his preacher.

He averaged the most points on a shitty team with a bad shooting percentage. For the best player since Gordon or many were saying better than Gordon, he under preformed. He is like Vic law, decent college player, best player on a shitty team. I’ll gladly admit to that I just don’t think he has came anywhere close to his rating or draft status for that matter.

Oh, and it was devontes girl, not mine. That is a fact btw.

I never saw him in HS just some highlight tapes prob made by his preacher.

He averaged the most points on a shitty team with a bad shooting percentage. For the best player since Gordon or many were saying better than Gordon, he under preformed. He is like Vic law, decent college player, best player on a shitty team. I’ll gladly admit to that I just don’t think he has came anywhere close to his rating or draft status for that matter.

Oh, and it was devontes girl, not mine. That is a fact btw.

There's a big difference between saying he (and the team; remember he was a freshman? Underperforming as a team probably rests more with a senior like Juwan) underperformed and has never been good. I can buy he underperformed, but there's no doubt he was "good".

There's a big difference between saying he (and the team; remember he was a freshman? Underperforming as a team probably rests more with a senior like Juwan) underperformed and has never been good. I can buy he underperformed, but there's no doubt he was "good".

Sure good, but he wasn’t anything special. He for sure was not elite. For a top 5 guy, and lottery pick.... I think in both rookie years he underperformed, more so in the nba. No excuse for his MIA. He didn’t play at all before covid, and doesn’t look like he’s got any better in the lay off.

Sure good, but he wasn’t anything special. He for sure was not elite. For a top 5 guy, and lottery pick.... I think in both rookie years he underperformed, more so in the nba. No excuse for his MIA. He didn’t play at all before covid, and doesn’t look like he’s got any better in the lay off.

He needs to learn to shoot. He can do everything else well enough.

Reactions: kkott

The 20-year-old rookie boosted Boston’s defense the second he checked into the game. He used his lateral agility to stay in front of his men. He was in position on his rotations. He blocked multiple shots. He forced multiple misses.

All-in-all, he continued to showcase the wide array of defensive abilities that had earned him a role before the NBA went on hold in mid-March

“I thought he was giving us good minutes right before the hiatus,” Stevens said of Langford. “He’s a good worker. He’s one of our more solid defenders, and that’s gonna give him a chance to play, especially the way we played the first couple of weeks.”

The 20-year-old rookie boosted Boston’s defense the second he checked into the game. He used his lateral agility to stay in front of his men. He was in position on his rotations. He blocked multiple shots. He forced multiple misses.

All-in-all, he continued to showcase the wide array of defensive abilities that had earned him a role before the NBA went on hold in mid-March

“I thought he was giving us good minutes right before the hiatus,” Stevens said of Langford. “He’s a good worker. He’s one of our more solid defenders, and that’s gonna give him a chance to play, especially the way we played the first couple of weeks.”

That's pretty funny.

Somebody tell this Stevens guy to STFU... Cav says he can't play.

That's pretty funny.

Somebody tell this Stevens guy to STFU... Cav says he can't play.

dude. It said “
All-in-all, he continued to showcase the wide array of defensive abilities that had earned him a role before the NBA went on hold in mid-March”

So you know it’s horse shit.... what role? Role of getting sent down to the Gleague and not playing?

in that pic that white guy held off romeo and scored..... was a fluff piece and quote from Stevens. He basically said well we have sucked and he has tried harder then some of my wings here early on so he will get some time. Making a point to others.

I really don’t think I’m taking this out of context, I am bias, but come on!!!

dude. It said “
All-in-all, he continued to showcase the wide array of defensive abilities that had earned him a role before the NBA went on hold in mid-March”

So you know it’s horse shit.... what role? Role of getting sent down to the Gleague and not playing?

in that pic that white guy held off romeo and scored..... was a fluff piece and quote from Stevens. He basically said well we have sucked and he has tried harder then some of my wings here early on so he will get some time. Making a point to others.

I really don’t think I’m taking this out of context, I am bias, but come on!!!

Stevens specifically praised something you tend to ignore or say he's not good at: defense!

“He’s a good worker. He’s one of our more solid defenders, and that’s gonna give him a chance to play..."

I've also always guessed that Romeo was a very hard worker in the gym. I think he's basically a pretty shy kid and the gym is where he's most comfortable. Whether that's because he doesn't like interracting with others, or that he truly loves it remains to be seen and will probably dictate how far he goes in the NBA, but I think he's genuinely a very shy kid, and if that's the case, he's handled himself remarkably well. You're on your "Romeo sucks" island, and can't consider anything related to him objectively. Maybe it was your sister, not your girlfriend? That seems to fit better. Very weird hatred.

Reactions: BraedenCB
Stevens specifically praised something you tend to ignore or say he's not good at: defense!

“He’s a good worker. He’s one of our more solid defenders, and that’s gonna give him a chance to play..."

I've also always guessed that Romeo was a very hard worker in the gym. I think he's basically a pretty shy kid and the gym is where he's most comfortable. Whether that's because he doesn't like interracting with others, or that he truly loves it remains to be seen and will probably dictate how far he goes in the NBA, but I think he's genuinely a very shy kid, and if that's the case, he's handled himself remarkably well. You're on your "Romeo sucks" island, and can't consider anything related to him objectively. Maybe it was your sister, not your girlfriend? That seems to fit better. Very weird hatred.

I am not on an island, at all. Maybe I am on an island of IU fans that think this way.... but all my family is from Boston. I am a die hard Celtics fan, and the vast majority of folks blame Ainge for Drafting him or think he is a bust. The first few bubble games Twitter was exploding with what a bust, and why the hell did we draft this guy...

He is not good at defense, he just isn't awful. In NBA terms you might be able to say average defender? But he is not on Brown, Tatum or Kemba level. Not close. Call it shy, call it whatever you want, but it produces a passive player on the court with no drive. You have to be a grown ass man to survive the NBA. He got away with his skills and less of players around him in HS. College showed he was gifted but so were many others, he doesn't stand out anymore. He will be a bust. Writing is on the wall. Disagree? Bet me!!

That's interesting because Stevens has regularly praised Romeo's D but what does he know. Below is a link to an article by somebody who is clearly an idiot since he seems to think Romeo should play more.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/brad-stevens-give-romeo-langford-more-minutes-01ef1y8tyrmh

I am not on an island, at all. Maybe I am on an island of IU fans that think this way.... but all my family is from Boston. I am a die hard Celtics fan, and the vast majority of folks blame Ainge for Drafting him or think he is a bust. The first few bubble games Twitter was exploding with what a bust, and why the hell did we draft this guy...

He is not good at defense, he just isn't awful. In NBA terms you might be able to say average defender? But he is not on Brown, Tatum or Kemba level. Not close. Call it shy, call it whatever you want, but it produces a passive player on the court with no drive. You have to be a grown ass man to survive the NBA. He got away with his skills and less of players around him in HS. College showed he was gifted but so were many others, he doesn't stand out anymore. He will be a bust. Writing is on the wall. Disagree? Bet me!!

I have no interest in betting, I see what you see, but I also see a lot more, and I think I'm in pretty good company given: 1) he was one of the alltime great HS players, in a state where HS bball is pretty damn good. 2) He was one of the top college prospects in the country, 3) he led a major college team in scoring in his 1 year with a bad hand. 4) folks paid to evaluate such things made him the #5 pick in the draft... Hard to explain all that for a guy that you say sucks balls.

Reactions: BraedenCB and ufo33
I have no interest in betting, I see what you see, but I also see a lot more, and I think I'm in pretty good company given: 1) he was one of the alltime great HS players, in a state where HS bball is pretty damn good. 2) He was one of the top college prospects in the country, 3) he led a major college team in scoring in his 1 year with a bad hand. 4) folks paid to evaluate such things made him the #5 pick in the draft... Hard to explain all that for a guy that you say sucks balls.

number 14 pick, last slot of the lottery. And over drafted. One player On every team leads there team in scoring, no one cares about the 50-75 major programs who suck. If he lead the team in scoring and they were a good team that’s an argument, but it carry’s no weight if the team sucked.

Reactions: Lucy01
That's interesting because Stevens has regularly praised Romeo's D but what does he know. Below is a link to an article by somebody who is clearly an idiot since he seems to think Romeo should play more.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/brad-stevens-give-romeo-langford-more-minutes-01ef1y8tyrmh

could you find me some links of Stevens saying Tatum, brown, Kemba, Hayward, smart, Edwards, or other wing guard players are not doing well? Really need to work on things? I’ll wait.

Y
you ain’t got shit to do tonight watch the Celtics in tnt at 9. See what he does tonight.

0-4 in 9 minutes a rebound, an assist and a TO. Only player not to score. -13 plus/minus, lowest on the team.

...so you and your Boston relatives were "down" on Romeo and deemed a 19 year old a "bust" after a few games. He is only 20 years old now and getting rotation minutes and you and your relatives have already announced that he can't play. You have painted yourself in a corner and hope that Romeo fails. He won't. Romeo has 10 or more years to play in the NBA, and from all indications will only improve. Sophomore in college, a lottery pick and playing for the Celtics equals success. Noone on this board has said that Romeo would be an all-star, as few players are. Most on this board feel that Romeo will play 8-10 years in the NBA, which to me is an outstanding career. You seem so focused on Romeo to fail....

Last edited:
...so you and your Boston relatives were "down" on Romeo and deemed a 19 year old a "bust" after a few games. He is only 20 years old now and getting rotation minutes and you and your relatives have already announced that he can't play. You have painted yourself in a corner and hope that Romeo fails. He won't. Romeo has 10 or more years to play in the NBA, and from all indications will only improve. Sophomore in college, a lottery pick and playing for the Celtics equals success. Noone on this board has said that Romeo would be an all-star, as few players are. Most on this board feel that Romeo will play 8-10 years in the NBA, which to me is an outstanding career. You seem so focused on Romeo to fail....

lottery picks should be nba starters at a minimum. Top 5 Hs recruits should be all stars. If not they are considered busts. That simple.

he won’t play 10 years in the nba. He won’t be on the Celtics in 2022. He isn’t getting rotational minutes. He does not love basketball.

Reactions: Boilerscuz

I love how you seem to have this obsession to hating him. Betting for him to suck and assume he will after only one season on a stacked roster at his position. Stephens has praised Romeo numerous times and he has shown numerous times why he was drafted. You just seem to obsess over everything negative and cloud your memory with negativity. Betting on someone failing is not the way to go and I don’t know why you are that obsessed on seeing people fail unless you are one to fail a’lot.

I love how you seem to have this obsession to hating him. Betting for him to suck and assume he will after only one season on a stacked roster at his position. Stephens has praised Romeo numerous times and he has shown numerous times why he was drafted. You just seem to obsess over everything negative and cloud your memory with negativity. Betting on someone failing is not the way to go and I don’t know why you are that obsessed on seeing people fail unless you are one to fail a’lot.

I fail a lot. And like to make money on the under. You takin the over on romeo? It’s the way to go, ya know?

Another DNP against the magic. I would guess something will trigger romeo to leave the bubble before the Celtics are eliminated. The narrative will change to just a shame he couldn’t stay healthy, so much talent just couldn’t catch a break. I know this crowd too well.

Another DNP against the magic. I would guess something will trigger romeo to leave the bubble before the Celtics are eliminated. The narrative will change to just a shame he couldn’t stay healthy, so much talent just couldn’t catch a break. I know this crowd too well.
Celtics are talent rich with veterans. Romeo is a 20 year old rookie. Romeo will play many years in the NBA. Your negative mantra never changes, we know you too well.

Celtics are talent rich with veterans. Romeo is a 20 year old rookie. Romeo will play many years in the NBA. Your negative mantra never changes, we know you too well.

many as in under 10? Yes I agree. Never will start all the games he is healthy in a season as well? I agree. A bench player that gets traded 3 or 4 times over about 7 years and calls it a career? That’s what I got him pegged as.

many as in under 10? Yes I agree. Never will start all the games he is healthy in a season as well? I agree. A bench player that gets traded 3 or 4 times over about 7 years and calls it a career? That’s what I got him pegged as.

seven years in the NBA is a great career. $30 million minimum. You are backtracking, and that is ok. You are finally realizing how silly your initial position is.

seven years in the NBA is a great career. $30 million minimum. You are backtracking, and that is ok. You are finally realizing how silly your initial position is.

nope haven’t back tracked at all, your reading comprehension just isn’t great. 7 years out of the league would be good if you were yogi. Not romeo. That would be a huge bust.

ADVERTISEMENT