ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo Flu

victorbear

All-Big Ten
Sep 28, 2005
Turn out Romeo DID NOT have the flu at all, just got a little queasy at half. Guess you can't use that excuse as to why he got ZERO shots in the second half.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Turn out Romeo DID NOT have the flu at all, just got a little queasy at half. Guess you can't use that excuse as to why he got ZERO shots in the second half.
Duh..I thought it was clear he didn't have the flu, hence he came back in the game.

Looked like when he tripped at the end of the half he hit his head pretty hard. Maybe he had a minor concussion.

Looked like when he tripped at the end of the half he hit his head pretty hard. Maybe he had a minor concussion.

tenor.gif

Reactions: 312_Purdue
It's not an excuse at all.

But, it is a fact and each of us should consider how much weight to give it when evaluating how well Romeo played and how well IU used him in this game.

I once read that Bill Russell would puke before a lot of his very big games and that Red Auerbach said when he saw him do that he knew Russell was going to be on top of his game so to me it just shows how much that game meant to Romeo to do well

I once read that Bill Russell would puke before a lot of his very big games and that Red Auerbach said when he saw him do that he knew Russell was going to be on top of his game so to me it just shows how much that game meant to Romeo to do well
Yea Romeo didn't quite have the results of Bill Russell.

It's not an excuse at all.

But, it is a fact and each of us should consider how much weight to give it when evaluating how well Romeo played and how well IU used him in this game.
Whats a fact??? He puked and we should use that as an excuse (you call it evaluating) for not getting a shot in the second half. Not buying it.

Okay Dan, I get your point that he didn't get credit for taking any shots. He did get to the free throw line. You should know shot attempts are not counted wen fouled. I don't know how many attempts that took off the board, but I am guessing it is more than 0.

Whatever the reason, he did throw up. I can't think of a time I threw up and would have felt like immediately running up and down a court. The next time you get the shits or throw up, go outside and run around for an hour.

Romeo is a talent. CE shoots too much. Imagine how good Romeo would be if he played half as hard as CE. Just an observation.

Whats a fact??? He puked and we should use that as an excuse (you call it evaluating) for not getting a shot in the second half. Not buying it.
Highly successful people such as yourself are never affected by anything. Must be awesome to be such a supreme being and know everything....well, except rules of the game, like timeouts.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
I didn't expect you would buy it.

But it IS a fact that he was ill . . . As I said, each of us can determine how much weight we give that fact when we form our opinions as to how IU played that night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT