ADVERTISEMENT

Rivalry smack talk

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
“It feels great, just knowing the guys are fighting for us, and we’re fighting for those guys,” Gooch said of his younger teammates. “(Purdue) is a good team. We respect the game, we respect our opponents. We’re gonna treat them like any other team and just prepare and do everything else we do during a normal week.”

The IU Purdue rivalry looks like it may be coming off life support. I have lived in a few places that have big-time rivalries - Miami, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles. Folks there don't spend time insulting each other anywhere near what goes on between the Hoosiers and the Boilermaker fans.

However I must say there has been some very reasonable discussions on this board this season. Hope the trend continues through the week.

My all time favorite smack talk regarding the Bucket game is the Chris Dyer quotes from the early 90s. Classic, classic stuff in his quotes, AND Dyer backed it up with a W. I even think he personally guaranteed a victory that week. Ballsy for certain..

Somebody can link the article I'm sure

Reactions: ESalum86
My all time favorite smack talk regarding the Bucket game is the Chris Dyer quotes from the early 90s. Classic, classic stuff in his quotes, AND Dyer backed it up with a W. I even think he personally guaranteed a victory that week. Ballsy for certain..

I had an interesting revelation. My daughter is in the same kindergarten class as Chris Dyer's son. I look forward to talking about IU football with him in the coming years.

Reactions: ESalum86 and 76-1

He did even better than that! He forced a fumble and recovered it himself right in front of the pu bench.:D 'Twas purely a thing of beauty! ;)

I'd love to see a clip of that if anyone can find it.

Reactions: ESalum86
I had an interesting revelation. My daughter is in the same kindergarten class as Chris Dyer's son. I look forward to talking about IU football with him in the coming years.

Have him come down and talk to our D first.;)

Never met him personally but he was one of the toughest competitors we've ever had take the field representing INDIANA from what I recall seeing.

This is a big game for sure. Both teams are coming in with a lot of confidence so both fan bases should be excited about their chances. I will be sitting front and center at the dump up north to watch this game. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT