ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Tommy Lasorda

Big Dodger fan myself. My earliest Dodger memories are of him in the dugout. RIP to one of the greatest to ever manage the game.

Braves fan here, hated the Dodgers for all the years the Braves were in the West division. And if I see Fernando Valenzuela on the mound again . . . .

That said, I thought a lot of Lasorda . . . great guy, even if Piazza was his SIL.

RIP . . . and wishing comfort and healing to his family.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Most of you here probably know I hold the Dodgers in the same regard as the Hoosiers, so this one stings. Glad he was able to see one last title.
I had the greatest respect for Lasorda. When he won the gold medal for managing the 2000 olympics I was thrilled for him. I think he is the only manager who won the World Series and had a gold medal. RIP Tommy.
Also his rant when asked about Dave Kingman's performance after Kingman had hit 3 home runs was very funny. I am not impressed by swearing but in that case I was rolling first time I heard it.

Tommy was Dodgers to his core. Nothing fake about his passion and love for Big Blue! Been a Dodgers fan longer than any team in my life...probably 43 years or so....some great memories that involve Tommy

Damn. I'd never heard that before and I'm a Dodger fan.
If you do twitter and you're a baseball fan, you owe it to yourself to follow BaseballHistoryNut (@nut_history)

I just found another great one that I've started following @flagstafffilms

"The most unique historical "home-movie" sports film archive in the world. Creators of
@HBO WHEN IT WAS A GAME trilogy. Curated by George Roy, Jersey Line Films."

Reactions: larsIU
ADVERTISEMENT