ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Steve Bouchie

I remember his as a big guy who was a solid player and a contributor to the 1981 Championship team. May he rest well in the hereafter.
He was a dominant player on some outstanding Washington High School teams and a solid role player at IU. He could have had bigger numbers in both HS and at IU but he was always unselfish and more concerned about winning than being a star. A genuinely nice and humble guy, and another true Hoosier lost too soon.

I was a sophomore Steve was a senior ..We played on some mens league teams together in our twenties..
Needless to say ..It was nice to have a former Mr.Basketball in the middle..
Just a great and humble person ..Sadly missed.

Last edited:
He was a dominant player on some outstanding Washington High School teams and a solid role player at IU. He could have had bigger numbers in both HS and at IU but he was always unselfish and more concerned about winning than being a star. A genuinely nice and humble guy, and another true Hoosier lost too soon.
Very well said. A classic Knight player. Unselfish and a winner who always played hard. Such sad news to absorb. RIP

I've said this before, but it broke my heart when Washington got beat in 78 by Terra Haute South who had Cam Cameron on it. I still have a problem with Cam after all these years. LoL. Steve was a hero of all us kids back then. I am an IU fan because of him. I watched IU at first because Steve Bouchie was there. Of course when he left IU I was hooked.

I found a YouTube Interview with him from a year or two ago talking about his son playing basketball. I found comments about Steve from Dan Dakich but no other teammates. I am sure the pandemic has a lot to do with that. Also no comment from coach Knight which is probably not a good sign.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT