ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Phil Westfall

Tested Covid + just last Monday!
My son has a Tuesday Zoom call with Phil and 3 other people. My son is the youngest in the group by 30 years.I believe he had the test before their call this week. He didn't have the results yet but acted like he had a cold. The group was planning to meet at Nick's but that was cancelled after he got his results. My son tried to call Phil but didn't get answer. The next day, Phil was in the hospital.

My son met up with Phil in a bar in Jacksonville. He was pleased my son and a friend from Florida had made it to the bowl game. Phil had been at a reception for former players. He gave my son a shirt that only former players received. That shirt today is the most treasured IU garment he owns.

I met Phil many times and he would come sit with our group during the games. He was a great man, great Hoosier (from Ohio), and never stopped working for the program.

He had a big impact on a 30 year old young man and he will be missed dearly by his real family and his Hoosier family.

Just to be clear the reason he was in the hospital was a massive stroke. A great Hoosier
My son has a Tuesday Zoom call with Phil and 3 other people. My son is the youngest in the group by 30 years.I believe he had the test before their call this week. He didn't have the results yet but acted like he had a cold. The group was planning to meet at Nick's but that was cancelled after he got his results. My son tried to call Phil but didn't get answer. The next day, Phil was in the hospital.

My son met up with Phil in a bar in Jacksonville. He was pleased my son and a friend from Florida had made it to the bowl game. Phil had been at a reception for former players. He gave my son a shirt that only former players received. That shirt today is the most treasured IU garment he owns.

I met Phil many times and he would come sit with our group during the games. He was a great man, great Hoosier (from Ohio), and never stopped working for the program.

He had a big impact on a 30 year old young man and he will be missed dearly by his real family and his Hoosier family.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT