ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Phil Valentine

DCDAVID

Sophomore
May 16, 2008

So a 61 year old Nashville conservative talk show host, that repeatedly made fun of the need to get a vaccine, died from Covid at 61. When near death he expressed regret that he misinformed a bunch of his idiot followers about the vaccine. Just think about being him or his family members and realizing that there was virtually a ZERO chance he would have died if he was vaccinated.
Not much to say other than MAGA and praise the lord.

So a 61 year old Nashville conservative talk show host, that repeatedly made fun of the need to get a vaccine, died from Covid at 61. When near death he expressed regret that he misinformed a bunch of his idiot followers about the vaccine. Just think about being him or his family members and realizing that there was virtually a ZERO chance he would have died if he was vaccinated.
Not much to say other than MAGA and praise the lord.
Cool story, bro. Now tell about the ones who've died who had the vaccine.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Cool story, bro. Now tell about the ones who've died who had the vaccine.
Doctors across the country are saying they are swamped and the idiots responsible for the overload of the health care system are nearly 100% unvaccinated people.
That’s a fact so I assume you will just disregard it.
PS.... I’m not your “bro”.

Doctors across the country are saying they are swamped and the idiots responsible for the overload of the health care system are nearly 100% unvaccinated people.
That’s a fact so I assume you will just disregard it.
PS.... I’m not your “bro”.
Nearly? So, not all. Bro.

no tears were
Nearly? So, not all. Bro.
What point are you even trying to make? That the vaccine is not 100% ? Guess what....we have known that from the very beginning but it is a “numbers game” and the people unwilling to get vaccinated are hurting the odds of us getting back to normal, inundating the health care system and leading to unnecessary deaths.

Last edited:
What point are you even trying to make? That the vaccine is not 100% ? Guess what....we have know that from the very beginning but it is a “numbers game” and the people unwilling to get vaccinated are hurting the odds of us getting back to normal, inundating the health care system and leading to unnecessary deaths.
Just pointing out how stupid it is to gloat over someone dying.

People who push the vaccines also die and have other health issue. I don't see anyone saying "See, I told you vaccines are dangerous".

Your act has already played here and it's boring.

• Haha
What point are you even trying to make? That the vaccine is not 100% ? Guess what....we have know that from the very beginning but it is a “numbers game” and the people unwilling to get vaccinated are hurting the odds of us getting back to normal, inundating the health care system and leading to unnecessary deaths.

I was simply lacking empathy for an anti vaxxer

Reactions: DCDAVID
And, short of death, leading to prolonged recovery times in many cases and to unnecessary expense for medical care, too.

I was simply lacking empathy for an anti vaxxer
I was responding to DANC...not you, sorry that my post did not make that clear as I inadvertently included your comment.

I’ve also reached the point of not having empathy for anti vaxxers

Last edited:
And, short of death, leading to prolonged recovery times in many cases and to unnecessary expense for medical care, too.
Yes, I agree. It is frustrating that science developed a way out of this but yet people like Phil Valentine mock the vaccine, and encourage not getting vaccinated resulting in individuals needlessly dying, hospitals being stretched, health care people being beyond stressed, the economy can’t completely get back to normal, the expense of taking care of those hospitalized etc etc.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree. It is frustrating that science developed a way out of this but yet people like Phil Valentine mock the vaccine, and encourage to not get vaccinated, resulting in individuals needlessly dying, hospitals being stretched, health care people being beyond stressed, the economy can’t completely get back to normal, the expense of taking care of those hospitalized etc etc.
So we're hearing that Trump is recommending the vaccine at his rally. I have to wonder how many people attending will heed his advice.

So we're hearing that Trump is recommending the vaccine at his rally. I have to wonder how many people attending will heed his advice.
Who knows but hopefully conservative leaders speaking out, the uptick in hospitalizations, and reading that nearly 100% of the recent deaths are unvaccinated people will help get more people to get the shot.
I’m just hoping that Neanderthal voices like Marjorie Greene fade away (her video congratulating people in Alabama for having a low vaccination rate, to great applause, really made me question the future of our country). Fingers crossed.

Who knows but hopefully conservative leaders speaking out, the uptick in hospitalizations, and reading that nearly 100% of the recent deaths are unvaccinated people will help get more people to get the shot.
Three days in a row with 1M+ vaccinations. Delta is proving to be a hard convincer.

Three days in a row with 1M+ vaccinations. Delta is proving to be a hard convincer.
I'm starting to feel a bit weird being a J&J guy. We chose that option specifically because the one-shot deal worked better for our schedules and capabilities for travel. But now that everyone is focused on Pfizer and Moderna and boosters, I'm wondering if we are going to get shuffled off to the side.

I'm starting to feel a bit weird being a J&J guy. We chose that option specifically because the one-shot deal worked better for our schedules and capabilities for travel. But now that everyone is focused on Pfizer and Moderna and boosters, I'm wondering if we are going to get shuffled off to the side.

My understanding is that a recommendation for processing J&J boosters is coming in the next two weeks.

I’m just hoping that Neanderthal voices like Marjorie Greene fade away (her video congratulating people in Alabama for having a low vaccination rate, to great applause, really made me question the future of our country). Fingers crossed.
The lowest vaccination rates are African American. Whites are being vaccinated at higher levels in almost every state. Yet our vaccine PSA’s seem to be directed at whites. This isn’t a liberal/conservative issue regardless of a few whacko right wingers.

Edit: fixed error.

Last edited:
  • Haha
The lowest vaccination rates are African American. Whites are being vaccinated at higher levels in almost every state. Yet our vaccine PSA’s seem to be directed at whites. This isn’t a liberal/conservative issue regardless of a few whacko right wingers.

There are outreach programs to the Black community, you don't see them because you are not the target audience. A former IU VP and a member of my church has spoken both on IU's COVID livestream and at church about his involvement in vaccination outreach to Blacks across the state. It seems Black outreach has been more personal appeals in churches or meetings than commercials.

There are outreach programs to the Black community, you don't see them because you are not the target audience. A former IU VP and a member of my church has spoken both on IU's COVID livestream and at church about his involvement in vaccination outreach to Blacks across the state. It seems Black outreach has been more personal appeals in churches or meetings than commercials.
The concept of targeted marketing campaign is beyond some people.

Well it’s still transactional for Trump I’m sure. I mean he can take credit for the vaccine development since he was president at the time. So he needs people to take “his” vaccine. I’m certain had it been developed under Biden things would be different.

Well it’s still transactional for Trump I’m sure. I mean he can take credit for the vaccine development since he was president at the time. So he needs people to take “his” vaccine. I’m certain had it been developed under Biden things would be different.

Saw where he got some boos and jeers at his rally when he told people to get the shot.

Saw where he got some boos and jeers at his rally when he told people to get the shot.
hopefully he gets many boos. biden's tanking already, harris is clueless; can't help but wonder if trump is becoming emboldened to run again. where's this indictment everyone was sooo convinced was forthcoming? he's been under audit forever. the crim div of the irs could have been garnering info all of this time. eventually sols are going to start to run. all i ever hear that's in the crosshairs is the trump organization. not trump. what a nightmare

Saying this is not a liberal/conservative issue is disingenuous at best. This is indeed political. Look at any list of the most and least vaccinated states and the vaccination rates of blue states vs red states is striking. This is from Forbes, hardly a liberal publication:
Republicans who are white evangelical Protestants were more likely to be against the vaccine than those of other religions, with 55% accepting the vaccine versus 67% from other religions, while 24% of evangelicals refused the shot and 21% are hesitant about it (versus 16% and 17% for other religions, respectively).
Republicans who don’t consume any television news at all were more likely to reject the Covid-19 vaccine than those who watch Fox News: Only 53% of non-news viewers accept the vaccine and 24% reject it (23% are hesitant), versus 63% of Fox viewers who accept the vaccine, and 18% each who reject it and are hesitant.

That being said…..getting vaccinated is not only political. Four groups that need to come around are African Americans, Hispanics, White Republicans especially the Evangelicals and now younger adults.

Republicans who don’t consume any television news at all were more likely to reject the Covid-19 vaccine than those who watch Fox News: Only 53% of non-news viewers accept the vaccine and 24% reject it (23% are hesitant), versus 63% of Fox viewers who accept the vaccine, and 18% each who reject it and are hesitant.
That's an interesting statistic.

You must live in a white majority area.

Here in the ATL, the PSAs are directed at everybody, with a significant push to get African-Americans vaccinated.

Besides, your focus on African-Americans belies the real story . . . which is that the largest share of unvaccinated adults is among whites (57%). https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-cov...data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-race-ethnicity/.

That's an interesting statistic.
Yes it is interesting, and a bit surprising, until you think about those that don’t watch any tv news but rather consume all of their “news” from Facebook, electronic updates from wackos etc etc. There is so much digital dis-information out there and unfortunately many bite hook, line and sinker.

Reactions: Sope Creek
Saying this is not a liberal/conservative issue is disingenuous at best. This is indeed political. Look at any list of the most and least vaccinated states and the vaccination rates of blue states vs red states is striking. This is from Forbes, hardly a liberal publication:
Republicans who are white evangelical Protestants were more likely to be against the vaccine than those of other religions, with 55% accepting the vaccine versus 67% from other religions, while 24% of evangelicals refused the shot and 21% are hesitant about it (versus 16% and 17% for other religions, respectively).

That being said…..getting vaccinated is not only political. Four groups that need to come around are African Americans, Hispanics, White Republicans especially the Evangelicals and now younger adults.
Really interesting.

Hm. So are whites not being vaccinated because they are evangelical Christians or because they vote GOP? I think the former. No doubt some Republicans and Democrats want vaccines to be political because for them everything is political.

It should not be THAT HARD to assimilate some basic facts:

-about 13% of Americans are black

-about 47% of Americans who voted in 2020 voted for Trump

-Even if the disparity in vaxxed/unvaxxed is higher for Blacks vs Trumpers by percentages, it represents a smaller number of infections and death, if the gap is not 4x greater (and it is not anywhere even CLOSE to that).

Trumpism is DEADLY

It should not be THAT HARD to assimilate some basic facts:

-about 13% of Americans are black

-about 47% of Americans who voted in 2020 voted for Trump

-Even if the disparity in vaxxed/unvaxxed is higher for Blacks vs Trumpers by percentages, it represents a smaller number of infections and death, if the gap is not 4x greater (and it is not anywhere even CLOSE to that).

Trumpism is DEADLY
lots of variables and assumptions. irrespective of same. trump isn't president. what has the great unifier done to persuade republicans? to persuade religious holdouts? to persuade young americans? to persuade blacks? he doesn't even take questions. go on a tour. take questions in communities. do outreach. no. have daily press conferences to field questions and provide info. do. something.

the man ran on being 1) a unifier and 2) empathy. we're seeing little of either. but alas, trump isn't president. he's a citizen of palm beach.

lots of variables and assumptions. irrespective of same. trump isn't president. what has the great unifier done to persuade republicans? to persuade religious holdouts? to persuade young americans? to persuade blacks? he doesn't even take questions. go on a tour. take questions in communities. do outreach. no. have daily press conferences to field questions and provide info. do. something.

the man ran on being 1) a unifier and 2) empathy. we're seeing little of either. but alas, trump isn't president. he's a citizen of palm beach.
Really? 8 months into a presidential term and you expect Biden to have corrected all of the damage that Trumpism caused?

Your "Trump isn't president" bullshit is old news. We've seen that trick before.

I'm losing patience.

Reactions: cosmickid
Really? 8 months into a presidential term and you expect Biden to have corrected all of the damage that Trumpism caused?

Your "Trump isn't president" bullshit is old news. We've seen that trick before.

I'm losing patience.
what we've seen is free money and the nationalization of housing. oh and the debacle in Afghanistan. a bit of teleprompter reading and a lot of mia.

this is in addition to crime soaring, inflation, covid cases rising, mess at the border, and international reputational damage.

i'm losing patience.

the trump excuse is pretty stale

Last edited:
Yes it is interesting, and a bit surprising, until you think about those that don’t watch any tv news but rather consume all of their “news” from Facebook, electronic updates from wackos etc etc. There is so much digital dis-information out there and unfortunately many bite hook, line and sinker.
That would be my hypothesis as well.

Social media, for all its positives, has been a scourge to our body politic.

what we've seen is free money and the nationalization of housing. oh and the debacle in Afghanistan. a bit of teleprompter reading and a lot of mia.

this is in addition to crime soaring, inflation, covid cases rising, mess at the border, and international reputational damage.

i'm losing patience.

the trump excuse is pretty stale
If Biden can help re-establish a viable bipartisan middle ground in American politics, I'll consider him a success. The infrastructure bill is going to be a big test of that.

• Haha
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
If Biden can help re-establish a viable bipartisan middle ground in American politics, I'll consider him a success. The infrastructure bill is going to be a big test of that.
and in fairness it's still the first quarter. lot of game left to play

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT