ADVERTISEMENT

RIP my sister

largemouth

All-American
Feb 3, 2004
She was older than I am and has had Alzheimers for the last few years.
She was a good person.
Requiescat in pace.

She was a good person.
Requiescat in pace.

My condolences, largemouth. It's never easy--even when you anticipate it. My brother and sister are still alive, but our parents passed away between seven and eight years ago.

Reactions: largemouth
My condolences, largemouth. It's never easy--even when you anticipate it. My brother and sister are still alive, but our parents passed away between seven and eight years ago.
Do you often think about what your parents would say about this situation or that one? My mother passed away over 10 yrs ago and it is almost like I can hear what she would say.

Reactions: Lucy01
She was a good person.
Requiescat in pace.

Been off the board for a bit; sorry my friend. Alzheimers sucks and is a scourge. Watched my grandpa succumb and now a neighbor is losing her husband and I try and check on her. Plus, you probably haven't been able to see or visit, so it's a double whammy right now. Regardless, she's at peace now and hopefully brings relief for all of you and loved ones.

On the subject, did anyone else see The Leisure Seeker with Donald Sutherland and Helen Mirren? Interesting thought-provoking movie on the subject. Didn't love it, but it did make me think and dealt with Alzheimers/dementia in an real and interesting way I thought. Probably not the time for you LM, but worth a watch if you get a chance and want a thought provoking look at a real healthcare crisis imo.

Sorry to hear that, largemouth. It's very tough to lose a sibling. Lost my big bro to a sudden heart attack a few years back. For me I'd prefer that exit to Alzheimer's. AD just blows...

Peace be with you and your family. It's a tough time to have the social interactions that would otherwise help with the coping.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, largemouth. It's very tough to lose a sibling. Lost my big bro to a sudden heart attack a few years back. For me I'd prefer that exit to Alzheimer's. AD just blows...

Peace be with you and your family. It's a tough time to have the soial interactions that would otherwise help with the coping.
I've told my family that if I die from a sudden stroke or heart attack,"don't worry about me. I went out the way I wanted. Now if I get killed by being mauled by a bear then feel sorry for me".

Reactions: Lucy01
Condolences. Very sorry to hear that. I lost my younger brother about a year and a half ago at age 52. Still seems surreal.

She was a good person.
Requiescat in pace.
I hate that for you...my sister is easily the most important person in my life outside of my own children.
Losing my parents will be really tough, but I sure as hell hope to pass before my sister...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT