ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Mac Davis

326.jpg

Ladies, ever had a quarterback sandwich?

Ya know, it wouldn't be such a bad thing as a performer to have women throw their underwear at you!
Yeah ask Tom Jones. Unfortunately with those tight pants he wore it would take a crew of 4 with Shoehorns and Crowbars to get them off of him.

I never knew he wrote "In the Ghetto." Not sure if it's more odd that he wrote it, or that Elvis sang it.

I have never heard of him. The only song I recognize is the horrible Elvis ghetto one. So he's basically a disposable pop music performer that was disposed of.

I think he was considered a country singer, with crossover appeal. Such as it was. But yes, you're basically correct.

I have never heard of him. The only song I recognize is the horrible Elvis ghetto one. So he's basically a disposable pop music performer that was disposed of.

You've heard Little Less Conversation, I Believe in Music, Stop and Smell the Roses, Baby Don't Get Hooked on Me (Grammy nomination), Baby Spread your Love on Me, and probably more.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but lots of success in 70s country music. He was the ACM entertainer of the year somewhere in there.

ADVERTISEMENT