RIP Gregg Allman

mohoosier

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2001
Florida
gregg-allman-01-raw.jpg

What a moron........

Gregg Allman dies and you post a Dickey Betts song that GA had little to do with. You have to be tone deaf, to not be able to tell the difference between their voices..
Not sure what to say about someone taking shots at another on a thread of this type. Take it private or don't say it at all.

Damn is right.I didn't see any news of this till just now when I logged on to yahoo,so it's pretty shocking.Instead of posting something by Gregg or the ABB,I'll go the opposite route and post a song ABOUT Gregg,from a long time friend of his.In fact when Gregg covered "These Days" it almost seemed like a song Jackson wrote specifically for Gregg to sing.

You could easily see it as a song about trying to get over Duane's death,except for the fact that Jackson wrote it when he was 16,back in 1964-65.Gregg did cover it on Laid Back which was about a year or 2 following Duane and Berry Oakley's deaths.And on the liner notes for For Everyman,Jackson did credit Duane for the arrangement of "These Days" on the album.They became friends when Gregg was a struggling artist,back before the ABB was formed...

Just some interesting (or not) musical trivia.Also,the piano on this song is attributed to "Rockaday Johnny",which is an (illegal alien) incognito Elton John.And of course the incomparable David Lyndley on slide.From 1973,my freshman year at IU...

Damn is right.I didn't see any news of this till just now when I logged on to yahoo,so it's pretty shocking.Instead of posting something by Gregg or the ABB,I'll go the opposite route and post a song ABOUT Gregg,from a long time friend of his.In fact when Gregg covered "These Days" it almost seemed like a song Jackson wrote specifically for Gregg to sing.

You could easily see it as a song about trying to get over Duane's death,except for the fact that Jackson wrote it when he was 16,back in 1964-65.Gregg did cover it on Laid Back which was about a year or 2 following Duane and Berry Oakley's deaths.And on the liner notes for For Everyman,Jackson did credit Duane for the arrangement of "These Days" on the album.They became friends when Gregg was a struggling artist,back before the ABB was formed...

Just some interesting (or not) musical trivia.Also,the piano on this song is attributed to "Rockaday Johnny",which is an (illegal alien) incognito Elton John.And of course the incomparable David Lyndley on slide.From 1973,my freshman year at IU...

WTH.Here's Gregg's cover of "These Days",which was also covered by the likes of Nico,Nitty Gritty Dirt Band,Tom Rush,Ian Matthews,Jennifer Warnes... Not too shabby for a song JB wrote when he was 16...

Reactions: IU40IU
or is it 6th grade?

Listen Trumptard. If you want to offend someone, quit talking crap like a teenage girl fixated on others maturity. Irony.. lol

Why do you persist in speaking to me? Do you want to be told how stupid you are? If so, continue, I will gladly tell you what your parents and teachers failed to. You're too stupid to talk to.

If that isn't your wish. Go away..

I get that it's really tough being gay (nttawwtoc) and a trumptard (moron) but nothing you can say to me will help your situation. What I don't get is how any Mo would vote for Trump.

A Mo trumptard, that's like a damn unicorn... is your boyfriend or husband a trumptard too?

Last edited:
Listen Trumptard. If you want to offend someone, quit talking crap like a teenage girl fixated on others maturity. Irony.. lol

Why do you persist in speaking to me? Do you want to be told how stupid you are? If so, continue, I will gladly tell you what your parents and teachers failed to. You're too stupid to talk to.

If that isn't your wish. Go away..

I get that it's really tough being gay (nttawwtoc) and a trumptard (moron) but nothing you can say to me will help your situation. What I don't get is how any Mo would vote for Trump.

A Mo trumptard, that's like a damn unicorn... is your boyfriend or husband a trumptard too?
Or is it 5th grade??

Or is it 5th grade??
Is that your trumptardian wit on display, Homohoosier? Think about this, if I were in 5th grade, I'm still punking on your stupid witless ass.

I can fix your problem...

Go find some shit, a lot of it, or make your own. Take said shit and stuff it down your retarded Trump parroting mouth. Keep stuffing until you can no longer breathe, and then die. Just to be clear, the die part is the most important ..

tia ..

Is that your trumptardian wit on display, Homohoosier? Think about this, if I were in 5th grade, I'm still punking on your stupid witless ass.

I can fix your problem...

Go find some shit, a lot of it, or make your own. Take said shit and stuff it down your retarded Trump parroting mouth. Keep stuffing until you can no longer breathe, and then die. Just to be clear, the die part is the most important ..

tia ..
narf-c3cdf4b33705388e6cfe5433f156a661788ed285.jpg

So it turns out that Gregg died of liver cancer.And in a heartfelt tribute posted on Facebook,JB revealed that he had spoke with Gregg shortly before his death.From Rolling Stone...

"Jackson Browne remembered Gregg Allman as "one of the most gifted singers of the last 50 years" in a touching tribute posted to Facebook. Allman died Saturday of complications from liver cancer at the age of 69.

Gregg Allman: 20 Essential Songs

Southern rock pioneer fused country blues with San Francisco-style extended improvisation, creating a template for countless jam bands

As Browne noted, he and Allman became friends in Los Angeles in the late Sixties, when Gregg and his brother Duane were fronting their pre-Allman Brothers outfit Hour Glass. Hour Glass recorded the Browne-penned song "Cast Off All of My Fears" for their debut album, and later Allman rearranged Jackson's song "These Days" for his 1973 solo album, Laid Back.

"He was a blues singer first, and he was so natural, and so soulful, that when he sang songs that were written in a major scale, he found all the most soulful and expressive passages through those changes," Browne said of Allman. "It was just how he heard it. That's how it was with my song, 'These Days.' He slowed it down, and felt it deeply, and he made that song twice as good as it was before he sang it."

Browne said he got to speak with Allman before his death and "tell him how much his music and his friendship has meant to me." The songwriter also touched on their final collaboration, "Song for Adam," an early Browne tune that Allman recorded for his forthcoming final album, Southern Blood."

I can't wait to hear Gregg's cover of "Song For Adam".It's based on the true story of a high school friend of Jackson's who mysteriously died from a fall out of a high rise hotel in India.An amazing debut album...

ADVERTISEMENT