ADVERTISEMENT

*RIP* Gordon Lightfoot - 84 years old

The Watchman's Gone.

Gordon has always been a unique talent and one of my favorite artists of any genre.

Mrs. Shades and I were blessed to see him on a beautiful summer night on the Butler campus here in Indy where they hosted Starlight musicals, June 29 1991.

That concert ticket has always been important to me, but is now one of my prized possesions. His rendition of Cotton Jenny that night was a stunning showstopper even though he played most of his "hits".

The guy was an unparalleled songwriter & had an intimate stage persona that drew you in. I've been playing his songs all day...

The Watchman's Gone.

Gordon has always been a unique talent and one of my favorite artists of any genre.

Mrs. Shades and I were blessed to see him on a beautiful summer night on the Butler campus here in Indy where they hosted Starlight musicals, June 29 1991.

That concert ticket has always been important to me, but is now one of my prized possesions. His rendition of Cotton Jenny that night was a stunning showstopper even though he played most of his "hits".

The guy was an unparalleled songwriter & had an intimate stage persona that drew you in. I've been playing his songs all day...
The documentary on Amazon prime about him was excellent. Highly recommend it, especially if you're a GL fan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT