ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Captain Sir Tom

Noodle

Hall of Famer
Jun 19, 2001
I don't know why, but his passing is really getting to me today. There was just something so genuine about Sir Tom and his spirit. In some ways, I think he represented the good that is within each of us if we simply look a little deeper.

For anyone not familiar with him, the WWII veteran raised over $50 million for NHS Charities in the UK by walking laps of his garden - at the age of 100. He was later knighted by Queen Elizabeth and received numerous other accolades. https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/breaking-tom-moore-pride-britain-21911537

He was truly one of the few bright spots of the past year. From his daughters:

"We are so grateful that we were with him during the last hours of his life; Hannah, Benjie and Georgia by his bedside and Lucy on FaceTime.​
"We spent hours chatting to him, reminiscing about our childhood and our wonderful mother. We shared laughter and tears together.​
"The last year of our father's life was nothing short of remarkable. He was rejuvenated and experienced things he'd only ever dreamed of.​
"Whilst he'd been in so many hearts for just a short time, he was an incredible father and grandfather, and he will stay alive in our hearts forever."​

As Captain Sir Tom liked to say, Tomorrow will be a good day

I don't know why, but his passing is really getting to me today. There was just something so genuine about Sir Tom and his spirit. In some ways, I think he represented the good that is within each of us if we simply look a little deeper.

For anyone not familiar with him, the WWII veteran raised over $50 million for NHS Charities in the UK by walking laps of his garden - at the age of 100. He was later knighted by Queen Elizabeth and received numerous other accolades. https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/breaking-tom-moore-pride-britain-21911537

He was truly one of the few bright spots of the past year. From his daughters:

"We are so grateful that we were with him during the last hours of his life; Hannah, Benjie and Georgia by his bedside and Lucy on FaceTime.​
"We spent hours chatting to him, reminiscing about our childhood and our wonderful mother. We shared laughter and tears together.​
"The last year of our father's life was nothing short of remarkable. He was rejuvenated and experienced things he'd only ever dreamed of.​
"Whilst he'd been in so many hearts for just a short time, he was an incredible father and grandfather, and he will stay alive in our hearts forever."​

As Captain Sir Tom liked to say, Tomorrow will be a good day

When a good man makes it to 100, his death is a celebration of how he lived.

ADVERTISEMENT