ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Pitino

If Rick Pitino was hired and got IU to a final 4. Would you have a problem with it?

• yes

Votes: 52 46.8%
  • no

Votes: 59 53.2%

• Total voters
Just so you know Sean, Tim Langford and Adidas entered into an agreement to run 22 Vision (which is not an NCAA violation by the way) while Tom Crean was still employed by Indiana. None of which implicates Archie Miller or Indiana.

Sean--you're advocating that worst player in the B10 see more minutes. You can't talk anything basketball related. If I need someone to come look at my roof, I might think about it. But otherwise, nothing you say has any meaning.

So now you are coming off Morton and switching totally to Lander? As he came in and swished one against us last night (worst shooter you have ever seen!!!)? Man, everything I have been saying lately has been coming true, and you??? HA! I said Edey wouldn't be a factor and wouldn't stay on the court, comes down to TJD & Williams, who plays better will win.

Lander should play over Rob if this team wants a chance to be good. Right after u say look Lander messed up!!!! Rob in the second half does the exact same thing on a and 1 on Williams. Only difference is Rob played more minutes and had more opportunities to dribble off his dick, brick a few threes. Lander was bad, Rob made sure we lost.

I dont need to argue with you, just read my posts and read yours. Coach geez says IU does not have a 3P D problem, we are elite!!!! Why did we lose the game?? 3P line is the answer Geezer. GTF out of here with your retirement community needing a new roof, you dont have pull on that decision either. But if you are gonna pretend to be something your not on the internet, CustodianGeez has a better ring to it.

Just so you know Sean, Tim Langford and Adidas entered into an agreement to run 22 Vision (which is not an NCAA violation by the way) while Tom Crean was still employed by Indiana. None of which implicates Archie Miller or Indiana.

Sean--you're advocating that worst player in the B10 see more minutes. You can't talk anything basketball related. If I need someone to come look at my roof, I might think about it. But otherwise, nothing you say has any meaning.
You don’t think that deal got leveraged, just a little, along the way, by Tim? Why do you think some schools / coaches backed away from the kid?

So now you are coming off Morton and switching totally to Lander? As he came in and swished one against us last night (worst shooter you have ever seen!!!)? Man, everything I have been saying lately has been coming true, and you??? HA! I said Edey wouldn't be a factor and wouldn't stay on the court, comes down to TJD & Williams, who plays better will win.

Lander should play over Rob if this team wants a chance to be good. Right after u say look Lander messed up!!!! Rob in the second half does the exact same thing on a and 1 on Williams. Only difference is Rob played more minutes and had more opportunities to dribble off his dick, brick a few threes. Lander was bad, Rob made sure we lost.

I dont need to argue with you, just read my posts and read yours. Coach geez says IU does not have a 3P D problem, we are elite!!!! Why did we lose the game?? 3P line is the answer Geezer. GTF out of here with your retirement community needing a new roof, you dont have pull on that decision either. But if you are gonna pretend to be something your not on the internet, CustodianGeez has a better ring to it.

Morton is terrible as well. Did hit a 3 last night, that doesn't change anything though.

• Haha
Reactions: IUhaterade
You don’t think that deal got leveraged, just a little, along the way, by Tim? Why do you think some schools / coaches backed away from the kid?

Obviously there was pressure to attend an Adidas sponsored school but that doesn't make it an NCAA violation, just pointing out Archie Miller nor IU had anything to do with it as the deal was made when Crean was the coach at IU and Pitino at Louisville.. The case has precedent as the NCAA the year prior ruled as Marvin Bagley's dad did the same thing.

Wikipedia is not Gospel, but straight from it and I recall reading several articles along this last year ... have at it ...

On September 18, 2019, nearly two years after his dismissal and his lawsuit for $38.7 million against the ULAA, Pitino settled with the University and dropped the case. As a result, his termination was changed from a firing on October 16, 2017 to a resignation on October 3, 2017, citing "zero liability" between both parties.[38]

He has no NCAA violations related to any of it, hence why he's still f'n coaching D1 this year folks

Obviously there was pressure to attend an Adidas sponsored school but that doesn't make it an NCAA violation, just pointing out Archie Miller nor IU had anything to do with it as the deal was made when Crean was the coach at IU and Pitino at Louisville.. The case has precedent as the NCAA the year prior ruled as Marvin Bagley's dad did the same thing.
Do you believe the original “deal” was still in place when RL chose a school? Why do you think others backed away?

Wikipedia is not Gospel, but straight from it and I recall reading several articles along this last year ... have at it ...

On September 18, 2019, nearly two years after his dismissal and his lawsuit for $38.7 million against the ULAA, Pitino settled with the University and dropped the case. As a result, his termination was changed from a firing on October 16, 2017 to a resignation on October 3, 2017, citing "zero liability" between both parties.[38]

He has no NCAA violations related to any of it, hence why he's still f'n coaching D1 this year folks
Do you believe the original “deal” was still in place when RL chose a school? Why do you think others backed away?

Lost cause. He yells at the sky every morning. Just a stupid old man.

You're an idiot, per usual. That has nothing to do with the NCAA and everything to do with Louisville settling out of court in order to potentially avoid paying Pitino his nearly $40mil buyout. Louisville doesn't get to decide if Pitino committed an NCAA violation, the NCAA does.

Sean Miller, Will Wade, Bruce Pearl, etc all have pending NCAA violations against them yet are still coaching so this idea that Pitino is out of the water just because he's coaching again is complete hogwash.

That is the problem. 1/2 of the IU brass feels this way. Remember Zion got paid a ton of money, coach K does not have standards. Bill self does not have standards. Roy and his made up classes for sure dont have standards. Mark Few has a nice foreign trafficking ring going on.

Maybe 2-3 coaches that are elite do it "the right way" by your standards, but there is shady going on everywhere.

Crean cheated with Ahope Archie cheated with Romeo. We still cheat, and we suck.

Let's hope 100% feel this way.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
The vast majority of IU grads would agree with me.

I don't know if you are an alum or not but if your are...yikes.
I would say The vast majority of Grads from 90' to present do not feel that way. over 50 crowd is normally where you start seeing the glory of old IU standard. Sucks that it takes old people dying for shit to change. But that is how the world works.

Reactions: IUhaterade
I'd rather bring Sampson back.

Rick is a million years old man.

Ten years ago, he's still old but you might get a decade.

You might get three years max out of Rick now.

sampson / barf

I remember how disappointed I was when IU decided to try to be Oklahoma. I don’t “hate” Sampson. I hated that IU wanted to have that type of program.

I’m sure the product on the floor looked pretty good with him on the sidelines. I wouldn’t know. I was too PO’d.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Pitino would never ever come.
#1...His wife would say no...
She couldn't stand Lexington...
They live outside NYC..now..
Bloomington In..Is hickville to them

Pitino would never ever come.
#1...His wife would say no...
She couldn't stand Lexington...
They live outside NYC..now..
Bloomington In..Is hickville to them

Bloomington way better than Lexington. It is getting more bougie than ever.

So about that 500?

Reactions: Radio Zero
You're an idiot, per usual. That has nothing to do with the NCAA and everything to do with Louisville settling out of court in order to potentially avoid paying Pitino his nearly $40mil buyout. Louisville doesn't get to decide if Pitino committed an NCAA violation, the NCAA does.

Sean Miller, Will Wade, Bruce Pearl, etc all have pending NCAA violations against them yet are still coaching so this idea that Pitino is out of the water just because he's coaching again is complete hogwash.
Yes IDIOT, but the NCAA HAS decided that he did NOT. Hence, why he is coaching NOW at Iona. There are no revelations of new charges against him in like a year or so, those dumbasses were caught on tape, Pitino was NOT, and was actually described by Brian Dawkins as somebody that didn't know what was going on below them. Is that good, NO, but that doesn't make him ineligible to coach again at a high level.

Yes IDIOT, but the NCAA HAS decided that he did NOT. Hence, why he is coaching NOW at Iona. There are no revelations of new charges against him in like a year or so, those dumbasses were caught on tape, Pitino was NOT, and was actually described by Brian Dawkins as somebody that didn't know what was going on below them. Is that good, NO, but that doesn't make him ineligible to coach again at a high level.

Rick Pitino is named in the notice of allegations served to Louisville. The NCAA has NOT ruled on anything Louisville related, including Pitino, so his eligibility going forward hasn't been determined. Kenny Johnson, the figure of the investigation for Louisville, was hired and is coaching at La Salle. Neither have been cleared by the NCAA, the NCAA just hasn't ruled on their fate.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Bloomington way better than Lexington. It is getting more bougie than ever.

So about that 500?
If you have money, there’s a great deal to like about Lexington. I can’t stand UK, but you’re viewing this through your crimson colored glasses, as well your relative lack of experience in and exposure to the “real world”.

sampson / barf

I remember how disappointed I was when IU decided to try to be Oklahoma. I don’t “hate” Sampson. I hated that IU wanted to have that type of program.

I’m sure the product on the floor looked pretty good with him on the sidelines. I wouldn’t know. I was too PO’d.
We kicked the shit out of OK on the way to a finals appearance, which we should have won and probably had KS been the coach then would have, c'mon. Sampson is guilty of "texting" too much! Which is now legal in recruiting, and as much as I love RMK, Sampson never f'n choked anybody in practice and RMK brought in his fill of bad apples too, which were typically dismissed. Michael Herman was an incredible talent, but couldn't deal with Knight. Michael Lewis, could. Should be considered a serious candidate for next coach after the disaster mess unfolds

If you have money, there’s a great deal to like about Lexington. I can’t stand UK, but you’re viewing this through your crimson colored glasses, as well your relative lack of experience in and exposure to the “real world”.
In the last decade when I had a home in Bloomington and when I worked in Huntington WV, I drove through and stopped in Lexington maybe 150 times. So what exposure do you have to Lexington and Bloomington that I have not seen. Real world experience should be interesting if it is more than mine.

Rick Pitino is named in the notice of allegations served to Louisville. The NCAA has NOT ruled on anything Louisville related, including Pitino, so his eligibility going forward hasn't been determined. Kenny Johnson, the figure of the investigation for Louisville, was hired and is coaching at La Salle. Neither have been cleared by the NCAA, the NCAA just hasn't ruled on their fate.
Umm, we know Kenny Johnson and they're not going to do shit to Rick. He's not on tape as Self, Archie's Brother, dumbass from LSU ... all still employed. If he did anything wrong, it was more like "bring me players, figure it out", but they don't have him dead to rights negotiating bribery. Delegating too much is one thing, but he was not actively participating in it.

In the last decade when I had a home in Bloomington and when I worked in Huntington WV, I drove through and stopped in Lexington maybe 150 times. So what exposure do you have to Lexington and Bloomington that I have not seen. Real world experience should be interesting if it is more than mine.
I think he might be a little bit right. Lexington is a great town, IF, you have money. For me, as a university employee, and it's not like I'm poor, but it would comparably be like Joe Buck moving to NYC, too old for that now

And they probably won't

There is a halfway decent mall at Mon O War. The attraction of the area to me are the horse farms and rolling hills surrounding it.

no different than an enthusiastic fan who isn't an alum. I know 3 people that have season tickets
and aren't alum. thats just an arrogant thing to say and or think

That's @Courtsensetwo for you. He's always making posts like that. Elitist and quite snobbish. He's always makin the claim the only way you can be a real fan of IU football and basketball is if you is an alum. Total hogwash but that's how he always posts.

And no, I didn't attend but my daughter is a grad. I suppose that makes me not a real fan according to him. I've also gone to at least one game (usually more) every year for over 35 years, other than this year of course.

I don't make a ton of money but do try and make a yearly donation to the school as well. Guess i should stop according to courtsense.

Richard Pitino would make the move.

Junior is a weird case. He tends to coach up from his talent which is good but he hasn't recruited the twin cities area for crap as they have been producing NBA talent during his time there.

When he was hired they thought it would be the opposite....recruited above the norm but was cutting his teeth as a coach.

He's been hitting the transfer market pretty hard.

I would say The vast majority of Grads from 90' to present do not feel that way. over 50 crowd is normally where you start seeing the glory of old IU standard. Sucks that it takes old people dying for shit to change. But that is how the world works.
Honor and integrity don't exist in grads from '90 on?

Honor and integrity don't exist in grads from '90 on?

Unfortunately, you are not able to understand that by not paying these athletes we are undermining what america stands for. Adults being able to prosper from their talents. They are making revenue foreverything that touches the sport. They are litterally the only ones not being compensated. Student athlete is a joke. The younger generation knows that. Sorry you can’t adapt. But you see this in life all the time. Your Ideals are dying a bit more every day.

Unfortunately, you are not able to understand that by not paying these athletes we are undermining what america stands for. Adults being able to prosper from their talents. They are making revenue foreverything that touches the sport. They are litterally the only ones not being compensated. Student athlete is a joke. The younger generation knows that. Sorry you can’t adapt. But you see this in life all the time. Your Ideals are dying a bit more every day.
Logically, then, are you okay with also basing admissions solely on the standards of any freshman applicant? If we’re using “what America stands for” as the standard, wouldn’t it make sense that academic qualifications not be lowered for athletes, since they’re supposedly there to earn a degree? And wouldn’t scholarships be treated as income, with taxes applicable? I realize you didn’t attend college, but I’d be interested in your view, since you seem to be interested in IU basketball.

Logically, then, are you okay with also basing admissions solely on the standards of any freshman applicant? If we’re using “what America stands for” as the standard, wouldn’t it make sense that academic qualifications not be lowered for athletes, since they’re supposedly there to earn a degree? And wouldn’t scholarships be treated as income, with taxes applicable? I realize you didn’t attend college, but I’d be interested in your view, since you seem to be interested in IU basketball.

Sick burn.... I don't have time to argue with your dumbass like your buddy. Go play tea party with him.

I had over 400 officers and Sailors on my last ship and they're nearly all still younger than you are today. It's a safe bet that nearly 100 percent of them have the honor and integrity that you lack and scoff at. I don't believe your view of the world is reality. Like others have said, for more reasons than just your view of the world, it's a good thing you have no influence on what our university does with our sports programs.

I'm pretty liberal, but I'm not sure they should be paid either. Rather, don't make them have to go ... that is the joke, let them go get paid immediately as a pro. I think paying some of them will just breed jealousy, kill team chemistry in some cases, and be yet another opportunity for some to corrupt things. Ya know, "why's Romeo got a Ferrari and not me?"

Reactions: MrBing
Sick burn.... I don't have time to argue with your dumbass like your buddy. Go play tea party with him.
There is zero chance IU will hire Pitino. We like our clean “image”. And that will be a good thing for you - in three years you can post the “if only we would have hired Pitino like I suggested we would have won ......” to make you seem even more brilliant than you like to believe you are. There is no one way to build a program. Archie appears to be a bust - move on. Your “vision” of IU basketball is not universally shared. Lighten up pal

Reactions: MrBing
In other words, you’re not able to think beyond your simple notions and basic understandings. Absolutely no chance you have a college degree. If you do, that university should be ashamed.

If we are going to consider hiring a scumbag, why not just get Gregg Marshall? He is less of a scumbag than Ricky P.

ADVERTISEMENT