ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond lol

Just perused RR board and, have to admit, it's hilarious watching those moronic UK fans whine about that pitiful, cheating, cowardly program in decline.

Reactions: BaxterIU
Looking at the box score, it appears former 5* recruit for IU and now a junior for Kentucky Keion Brooks never saw any action. Wonder if he regrets going to UK?

I wish he’d get fired so we can start a series with them again. It’s fun playing against Kentucky and that asshole ruined it for us.

Cal offered to play every game in Indy. I was totally for that arrangement. National TV, 36.000 evenly divided fans. I saw most of the games in Indy and L'ville, and it was awesome. Crean and Surfboard Fred did not see it that way. UK plays Kansas and UCLA and UNC, and IU replaced the game with Tennesee Tech and Mississippi Valley State. We sure showed them....

Last edited:
Cal offered to play every game in Indy. I was totally for that arrangement. National TV, 36.000 evenly divided fans. I saw most of the games in Indy and L'ville, and it was awesome. Crean and Surfboard Fred did not see it that way. UK plays Kansas and UCLA and UNC, and IU replaced the game with Tennesee Tech and Mississippi Valley State. We sure showed them....
2 wins
vs playing Kentucky and listening to Cal whine

Calapari also claimed he had talked with Bankers Life about the games and the people at Bankers Life said they had never talked to him. He wanted to end the home and home because he knew Cody and company were going to go down there the next year and bust up their home winning streak. I think history has shown us that we can't believe anything John Calapari says.

I saw an intersting factoid on RR and thought I'd share. (I didn't bother to fact check it, just took it from RR directly, so take it for what it's worth):

Since 2016, Cowardpari has lost to 22 unranked teams.

Talk about the decline and fall of a program....hahaha. Couldn't happen to a better group of lousy people running a lousy program at a lousy university in a lousy conference.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Come on guys and gals, Richmond is a final four team like the Aces last year. Just you wait and see! UK has become an AAU program under Cal.

Didn't IU and one of its most revered coaches suffer a tournament loss to Richmond years ago? As satisfying as blowing shade at Kentucky is, we are living in a glass house with respect to Richmond. This is college basketball, early in the season. Remember when UVA and Ralph Sampson lost to Division 2 (at the time) Chaminade?

I hope IU shows up ready to play for 40 minutes against Providence. I expect a very competitive match.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
Didn't IU and one of its most revered coaches suffer a tournament loss to Richmond years ago? As satisfying as blowing shade at Kentucky is, we are living in a glass house with respect to Richmond. This is college basketball, early in the season. Remember when UVA and Ralph Sampson lost to Division 2 (at the time) Chaminade?

I hope IU shows up ready to play for 40 minutes against Providence. I expect a very competitive match.
Gee Fred, you had to dig deep for that one. We can throw shade all we want.

Or lose at home to Indiana State and get beat by IPFW?

Reactions: RunninRichie
Must be miserable being a fan of a school that has lost games in previous seasons, making you incapable of enjoying a rival's loss.

As for me, Go Spiders! Nice job beating the cousin humpers.

Must be miserable being a fan of a school that has lost games in previous seasons, making you incapable of enjoying a rival's loss.

As for me, Go Spiders! Nice job beating the cousin humpers.
Many of us are far more focused on IU’s program than we are in deriving some kind of pleasure at a rival’s loss (especially a rival that has achieved so much success while we’ve struggled). Never been a big fan of envy and jealousy, but to each his own.

Many of us are far more focused on IU’s program than we are in deriving some kind of pleasure at a rival’s loss (especially a rival that has achieved so much success while we’ve struggled). Never been a big fan of envy and jealousy, but to each his own.
POTFB and screw kentucky. Some of us know that the traditional rivalries mean something.

Last edited:
Calapari also claimed he had talked with Bankers Life about the games and the people at Bankers Life said they had never talked to him. He wanted to end the home and home because he knew Cody and company were going to go down there the next year and bust up their home winning streak. I think history has shown us that we can't believe anything John Calapari says.
IU still could have gone to Rupp and played that game . IU chose not to.

Yes. IU did. I was at that game in the hellhole of Hartford Conn.. To make matters worse, I had torn two muscles the night before playing bball, on crutches and pain meds, missed my direct flight into Hartford and had to take connecting flights, parked in an atrocious neighborhood-having to pay some kids to "watch" my car, arrived on crutches shortly before halftime, and had to sit next to some guy that had two degrees- one from pu and the other from uk... IU played without inspiration and lost a game they should have easily won. yikes

Reactions: Spartans9312
IU still could have gone to Rupp and played that game . IU chose not to.
No they couldn’t. Cal wouldn’t do it. It was neutral court or nothing. They wanted that home court streak intact. He couldn’t stand the thought of a #1 IU team destroying his #1 class. The only compromise in his book was Indy and I believe he would’ve said no anyway.

You do realize Cal wanted to do that so it would help his already good recruiting in Indiana right???? Smart to let the series go if it wasn't home and away.....

You do realize Cal wanted to do that so it would help his already good recruiting in Indiana right???? Smart to let the series go if it wasn't home and away.....
I do not buy that at all. UK is on national TV-every game. If anything, it would help IU to recruit nationally. Remember, IU has not been relevant in these current 5 star kids memories. Playing uk raises our image to these potential recruits.

Reactions: RunninRichie
No they couldn’t. Cal wouldn’t do it. It was neutral court or nothing. They wanted that home court streak intact. He couldn’t stand the thought of a #1 IU team destroying his #1 class. The only compromise in his book was Indy and I believe he would’ve said no anyway.
Not true. The game was already set for Lexington. Play the game, then renew the contract with all games in Indy. There was already an agreement for 2013, and IU and uk agreed to cancel. IU could have gone to Ruypp and kick butt, but chose to cancel the contract. Big mistake by SbF, and Crean got arrogant and played tough guy-which backfired on IU.

Not true. The game was already set for Lexington. Play the game, then renew the contract with all games in Indy. There was already an agreement for 2013, and IU and uk agreed to cancel. IU could have gone to Ruypp and kick butt, but chose to cancel the contract. Big mistake by SbF, and Crean got arrogant and played tough guy-which backfired on IU.
Proof? Everything I’ve read or heard it wasn’t mutual. UK/cal had 4 targeted teams and one had to go. He chose IU. It was not IU that canceled.
Cal,”
When asked about the death of the series last week, Calipari noted that UK offered to play twice in Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.

"They wouldn't do it," Calipari said "What do you want me to do?"
He took the 2012-2013 game at Rupp off the table. So no game at Rupp only Indy or Louisville.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT