ADVERTISEMENT

Richard Burr, insider trading?

Please read the last paragraph on the article you linked that pretty much is all I need to know. The level of hyperbole being spewed on this board, and The Huff Post is disgraceful. Every article I have read on this topic that takes the stance of Huff takes everything out of context. It is ridiculous, shameful, and quite frankly embarrassing for them. I read the Trump article closer when I got home, and read this masterful thought.

The financial news site MarketWatch and The Washington Post later estimated Trump’s stake to be worth between about $100 and $1,500, though the Post noted his trusts may have amassed other investments since his most recent disclosure. “He does look to have more than that modest sum invested in Sanofi, because, unmentioned in the Times report, his trusts also hold broader European stock-market index funds,” MarketWatch pointed out.

LOL-
Trump owns European index funds. And he is pushing a drug off of it trying to profit. Do you understand how silly all of this sounds?

Yep, the real money's in the stimulus package, hence the firing of the Defense IG.

That is a brilliant comment

While it's not a brilliant comment, it is timely commentary.

Do you have any thoughts on the President Trump demoting the Defense IG, who was assigned by a committee of IGs to be in charge of stimulus fund oversight? That's on top of the President firing the Intelligence Community IG because he had "lost confidence" in him. Does any of that bother you?

Do you have any thoughts on the President Trump demoting the Defense IG, who was assigned by a committee of IGs to be in charge of stimulus fund oversight? That's on top of the President firing the Intelligence Community IG because he had "lost confidence" in him. Does any of that bother you?
I am not up on those two events. I will read up on tonight

Please read the last paragraph on the article you linked that pretty much is all I need to know. The level of hyperbole being spewed on this board, and The Huff Post is disgraceful. Every article I have read on this topic that takes the stance of Huff takes everything out of context. It is ridiculous, shameful, and quite frankly embarrassing for them. I read the Trump article closer when I got home, and read this masterful thought.

The financial news site MarketWatch and The Washington Post later estimated Trump’s stake to be worth between about $100 and $1,500, though the Post noted his trusts may have amassed other investments since his most recent disclosure. “He does look to have more than that modest sum invested in Sanofi, because, unmentioned in the Times report, his trusts also hold broader European stock-market index funds,” MarketWatch pointed out.

LOL-
Trump owns European index funds. And he is pushing a drug off of it trying to profit. Do you understand how silly all of this sounds?

Well first off, my post used the word "ALLEGED", as in "alleged corrupt dealings involving stocks". And while the disclaimer from Perdue's spokesperson is relevant, the Huff Post analysis of the AJC story also had this to say...

"Over the next month, Perdue, a former corporate executive whose net worth is an estimated $15.8 million, continued to buy more shares of DuPont stock, investing as much as $185,000.

The shares are listed on a new financial form filed Sunday, which, compared to Perdue’s previous financial forms, contained much more stock activity, the AJC reported:

The report lists 112 transactions, including 76 stock purchases costing as much as $1.8 million and 34 sales worth up to $825,000. Compared with the 26-month period before the coronavirus swept across America, Perdue’s portfolio activity has increased nearly threefold. There was an average of 38 individual transactions in monthly reports from January 2018 through February 2020."

Now surely even you can admit that such an unusual increase in stock activity COULD be a result of a certain confidence in the moves he was making, esp since that seemed to be a new behavior for him? And again this is from an investigation conducted by the AJC, not me or even Huff Post...

But beyond any of those issues, that isn't even why I found the article noteworthy or posted it in the first place. No idea how involved you've been in following this story, but this is an issue that could have a huge impact on who controls the Senate in 2021. And THAT is why I found this development intriguing and posted it...

Many people may not realize that TWO different GOP Senate seats in Georgia are up for grabs in 2020. There is of course the seat Loeffler was appointed to fill, which is going to be a Special Election and which features two GOP candidates falling over each other to achieve the title of most pro-Trump, Kelly Loeffler and Doug Collins...

Loeffler's biggest critic for her stock deals is her fellow Trump sycophant Collins, who is popular with Trump's base, but not with more moderate GOP voters. In fact, the entire reason Kemp appointed Loeffler to the Seat (over Trump's objection and preference of Collins) was that the Governor was trying to stem the loss of suburban voters who voted against GOP candidates (including Kemp himself) in the 2018 midterms. GOP voters who support Collins will likely vote for either Collins or Loeffler, whichever one is the last Republican standing. But the GOP will lose votes in the suburbs if Collins is the GOP option, a situation Kemp was aware of and was trying to avoid.

Again this is an everybody on the ballot special election, where if a candidate gets 50% of the vote they win. If no one gets 50%, then the top 2 vote-getters face off for a runoff. This is a sticky wicket for the Ga GOP and the battle between Collins and Loeffler could end up in a Dem victory in 2 possible ways. Either a huge split in the initial race could end up nullifying the 2 pro-Trump candidates, or the emergence of Collins in the runoff could end up with a Dem winning there like Ossof nearly pulled off in the 2017 Congressional battle in the Atlanta suburbs.

Now all of that is confusing enough, but it gets even more treacherous for the GOP since Perdue has to defend his seat as well, and has to emerge from an actual Primary. Then the winner (presumably Perdue) will run on election day against whoever the Dems nominate, simultaneously with the Special election that will feature a slate of Dems vs a slate of Pubs, including both Loeffler and Collins.

Against this election day scenario, we have the most influential newspaper in Ga running an expose revealing that both GOP favorites in two different Ga US Senate races just happened to buy an inordinate amount of stock in Dupont subsequent to a briefing provided to the Senate on Jan 24. I think THAT could be a significant development, which is WHY I posted about it... The story, in my opinion, is the AJC investigation, NOT a Huff Post online story about it. In fact, I'm so intrigued about this Ga election that I decided to subscribe to the AJC's daily political newsletter when the option to do so popped up...

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--reg...coronavirus-took-hold/MRWmzwXeHgxi6IcmBbPgaN/

As the Brilliant Comment IG, you're fired!

In all seriousness, the firing should be alarming to anyone but half of the country are morons who are pridefully content with sucking on Trump's man teats.

ADVERTISEMENT