ADVERTISEMENT

Richard Burr, insider trading?

Allegedly dumped up to 1.6 million in stock on February 13th. Chairman of the senate Intelligence Committee.

If true, find a tall tree and a short rope.
https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...dumped-stock-coronavirus-preparedness-970069/

Please note that the source is Rolling Stone, a less than credible source.

This has been reported by multiple news sources so no need for the disclaimer - noting for others reading this... just google it. Also, there's this...

"Republican Sen. Richard Burr was captured in a secret recording warning members of a private Washington club that the coronavirus posed a dangerous and disruptive threat, weeks before President Donald Trump and much of the GOP publicly acknowledged how dangerous the virus truly was."

People complain about government and some echo "red tape"... blah blah blah... This is why there's a problem. People vote for unethical dipshits and this is what they get.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cor...es-gop-senator-privately-raising-alarm-2020-3

I've seen this all over the place. I think he publicly said everything was A-OK and dumped over $2 million in equities. Then met with his wealthy donors and told them Coronavirus was a disaster in the making.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...t-of-stock-a-week-before-market-crash-started

Amazing that these guys can be so dumb.

Allegedly dumped up to 1.6 million in stock on February 13th. Chairman of the senate Intelligence Committee.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...dumped-stock-coronavirus-preparedness-970069/

Reactions: stollcpa
People complain about government and some echo "red tape"... blah blah blah... This is why there's a problem. People vote for unethical dipshits and this is what they get.
This is particularly bothersome for me. I really thought Burr was one of the people in Congress with a bit of integrity. I guess I'm not the judge of character I thought I was.

Of course, I once thought COH was a principled conservative, too. LOL.

Reactions: MaxCoke and dahldc

This is legalized corruption and it's disgusting. Congressional insider trading has been an issue for a long time. Many members have taken advantage of insider knowledge to take huge gains (or avoid losses) in the stock market. This would include Speaker Pelosi. In 2012 congress took action to outlaw this corrupt conduct. This was a specific dig at Pelosi. President Obama ceremoniously signed the bill and made a big todo with it.

Strangely, less than a year later, congress unanimously passed another bill to gut the insider trading prohibition and President Obama quietly signed the bill on a Friday afternoon with no fanfare.

This is the swamp at work.

For what it's worth, I think the break members of congress give themselves stinks to high heaven.

See and see.

Many members have taken advantage of insider knowledge to take huge gains (or avoid losses) in the stock market. This would include Speaker Pelosi. In 2012 congress took action to outlaw this corrupt conduct. This was a specific dig at Pelosi.
Citation, please.

Reactions: Bill4411
I've seen this all over the place. I think he publicly said everything was A-OK and dumped over $2 million in equities. Then met with his wealthy donors and told them Coronavirus was a disaster in the making.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...t-of-stock-a-week-before-market-crash-started

Amazing that these guys can be so dumb.

From corrupt politicians to fights in supermarkets -- one needs to question what it actually means to be a ''patriotic American''.

This is legalized corruption and it's disgusting. Congressional insider trading has been an issue for a long time. Many members have taken advantage of insider knowledge to take huge gains (or avoid losses) in the stock market. This would include Speaker Pelosi. In 2012 congress took action to outlaw this corrupt conduct. This was a specific dig at Pelosi. President Obama ceremoniously signed the bill and made a big todo with it.

Strangely, less than a year later, congress unanimously passed another bill to gut the insider trading prohibition and President Obama quietly signed the bill on a Friday afternoon with no fanfare.

This is the swamp at work.

For what it's worth, I think the break members of congress give themselves stinks to high heaven.

See and see.

Rich attacking Pelosi when people in New York state in 2018 VOTED FOR (Trump supporter) Chris Collins who was under INDICTMENT at the time. Of course, Collins played Trump's "it's all a hoax, they're out to get me" card, and people in his district swallowed it whole...

Btw, an interesting connection between Burr and Collins, as Collins was raised in North Carolina and attended NCSU. Or as Carolina fans refer to it "Moo U"...

Rich attacking Pelosi when people in New York state in 2018 VOTED FOR (Trump supporter) Chris Collins who was under INDICTMENT at the time. Of course, Collins played Trump's "it's all a hoax, they're out to get me" card, and people in his district swallowed it whole...

Btw, an interesting connection between Burr and Collins, as Collins was raised in North Carolina and attended NCSU. Or as Carolina fans refer to it "Moo U"...
CO.H shoehorned a reference to Pelosi and Obama into his response? That's hard to believe.

CO.H shoehorned a reference to Pelosi and Obama into his response? That's hard to believe.

Dumbassary.

Pelosi is very much part of the legislation criminalizing and then legalizing this. Obama signed both bills about a year apart. I know you guys are desperate to make this about Republicans, but it’s about bipartisan corruption Obama blessed.

Reactions: stollcpa
What is particularly disgusting is not just the stocks, but knowing how serious this was going to be and yet still letting Trump administration gaslight all of us and be totally unprepared. This happened the end of January. If Trump and Fox News had taken this seriously early on instead of calling it a hoax, many lives would have been saved. I can’t think of anything more vile.

Hey @Sope Creek, remember that discussion we had about various revolutions a couple of years ago, and specifically about the worry that people would not be put down forever, that eventually, oppression would lead to pitchforks and fires and heads on spikes? And we discussed how (un)likely it was, and what it might take for it to actually happen in our society.

I don't know about you, but this thread is exactly the kind of worst case scenario I was imagining.

James Inhofe (R-OK) dumped $500k, and Ron Johnson (R-WI) as well. I can't seem to find out how much Johnson sold. The worst of the worst.

Dumbassary.

Pelosi is very much part of the legislation criminalizing and then legalizing this. Obama signed both bills about a year apart. I know you guys are desperate to make this about Republicans, but it’s about bipartisan corruption Obama blessed.
Kinda sux having squandered all your credibility, n’est-ce pas? Not that you give a shit any more, having opted for full antago.

Who’s the real pea brain?

What is particularly disgusting is not just the stocks, but knowing how serious this was going to be and yet still letting Trump administration gaslight all of us and be totally unprepared. This happened the end of January. If Trump and Fox News had taken this seriously early on instead of calling it a hoax, many lives would have been saved. I can’t think of anything more vile.

Good lord. You are sick.

To make this bipartisan, we now have a Democratic candidate for the gallows. Dianne Feinstein apparently dumped her stock after the infamous briefing, too.

Not surprising. I’ve always respected her over the years as a consensus building, level headed voice, especially on foreign policy. She’s become a caricature of the Washington establishment in recent years, and is generally considered a DINO nowadays in Cali. I hope she goes down and is replaced with Xavier Becerra soon.

VERY disappointing. They really all should resign. This is almost like war profiteering. Benedict Arnold started his downward spiral by doing stuff like this during wartime.

Not surprising. I’ve always respected her over the years as a consensus building, level headed voice, especially on foreign policy. She’s become a caricature of the Washington establishment in recent years, and I hope she goes down and is replaced with Xavier Becerra soon.

Must have been one hell of a briefing. Wonder if there was one honest person there that might share a few notes, but then THAT would be against the law and a national security risk.

The insider trading is criminal. But the downplaying of this virus just to appease Trump when they knew better is truly disgusting. They knowingly lied to the American people, including their constituents, and will likely be responsible for people getting sick and maybe dying. Traitors.

ADVERTISEMENT