ADVERTISEMENT

Rhett Lewis new radio analyst

Here's a nice write up about his hire:

I guess I'm one of the few who'll miss Buck... When he was at the top of his game I found him to be both informative and humorous,..., sometimes even hilarious...

That said, I wish Rhett Lewis the best and based on his background I'm sure he'll do a fine job...

A most interesting resume, and true alumni success story.
Sounds excited to be here.

Buck’s departure reminded us we won’t have Fish forever.
We’ll be lucky to find a pair half as good.

It would be great to see Rhett carry on in Dick Enberg’s footsteps some day.

I have wondered aloud if Don might hang up the FB mic and spend his last season(s) doing just BB. His true talent is BB, and it would cut a chunk out of his work schedule.
Kinda what I was hinting at. Shoes of his BB gig are much harder to fill. Don't know nothing but I wonder if AJ Moye would not be a more than ample cover with BB? Don't remember his voice at all. Lot of + needs for the 'voice of IUBB'. Sure don't think we'd want a reporter turned play by play broadcaster. Just thinking out loud.

Reactions: IU73 and vesuvius13
Kinda what I was hinting at. Shoes of his BB gig are much harder to fill. Don't know nothing but I wonder if AJ Moye would not be a more than ample cover with BB? Don't remember his voice at all. Lot of + needs for the 'voice of IUBB'. Sure don't think we'd want a reporter turned play by play broadcaster. Just thinking out loud.
Not sure many former players become PBP guys as it is an art all of it's own. These guys are usually color guys.

Fisch is the GOAT and simply cannot be replaced so we will be left with a quality experienced broadcaster coming into a tough situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT