ADVERTISEMENT

Republican Judge Helps Indiana Do What Trump Wouldn't Let Holcomb Do

Stuffshot

Hall of Famer
Feb 20, 2008
For those of you who need reminding how Holcomb's inaction was intended to help Trump (without looking like it):

Republican Barker was appointed judge by Republican Reagan and is one of the most respected judges in Indiana. Holcomb is a Republican Governor in a Bright Red Republican state. There would have been no political risk to him whatsoever if he had caused the controlling Republicans to allow this slight adjustment to Indiana's absentee voting procedure.

Now, we will see if Holcomb digs deeper by appealing this ruling.

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
For those of you who need reminding how Holcomb's inaction was intended to help Trump (without looking like it):

Republican Barker was appointed judge by Republican Reagan and is one of the most respected judges in Indiana. Holcomb is a Republican Governor in a Bright Red Republican state. There would have been no political risk to him whatsoever if he had caused the controlling Republicans to allow this slight adjustment to Indiana's absentee voting procedure.

I just posted regarding a similar decision in WI, which ironically involved with 3 GOP appointed Justices, including one appointed by Trump. I've got to wonder if somewhere in the back of even these GOP Judge's minds the damage Trump has attempted to do and actually done to the USPS prior to the election is not weighing on their collective conscious.
At least a little bit...

don't forget that in Indiana, you must be 65 or over to vote by mail without an approved excuse.

don't forget that in Indiana, you must be 65 or over to vote by mail without an approved excuse.
While I don't plan on doing it (I'll vote early in person), I'm sure you can claim one of the other reasons if you want. Is someone really going to check up on you and make sure you're out of town on election day? Or that you were at work the entire time the pols were open?

Of course, that would fall into the "rampant fraud" category, wouldn't it?

While I don't plan on doing it (I'll vote early in person), I'm sure you can claim one of the other reasons if you want. Is someone really going to check up on you and make sure you're out of town on election day? Or that you were at work the entire time the pols were open?

Of course, that would fall into the "rampant fraud" category, wouldn't it?

lying rubs some people the wrong way, and some don't want to chance breaking the law.

and don't underestimate Pubs checking up on everyone registered Dem under 65 where the reason looks iffy, if only to disqualify the ballot.

restricting vote by mail is done to decrease participation.

if they didn't think it would reduce participation, they wouldn't do it.

and the whole fight against having polls open later. wtf

there is a pattern of behavior here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT