ADVERTISEMENT

Republican Georgia election official calls on Trump and GOP to stop inciting violence

You view Biden/Harris like so many view Trump. I for the life of me cannot see how any sane, intellectually honest person comes to that conclusion.

You seem like an alright guy...my last post in this thread, most of your right leaning friends and acquaintances lie to your face when these topics come up. Many that you would see on the internet are not where you probably post. They will listen to you rant and rave about Trump voters and how evil and racist Republicans are and they smiled and told you, "well I don't really agree with Trump's attitude all the time" (which is true) and then they trail off and go vote for him.

I would never openly have any political conversation with you face to face. If we were friends, I would not trust you could handle my views unless I was sure we were on the same team. Having to preface those face to face conversations with "I am not X,Y,Z" is tiresome, so we stop talking to you about it. In a family setting that dynamic changes, but in my circle, the righties rarely are open in political discussions when they know people with your views are around. I left social media because political posts from people I generally like outside of politics were making me despise them. Better to be ignorant of their opinion of me then to have their vitriol invited into my space every day.

These past two elections have broken a whole bunch in this country. We all have really raw and visceral feelings about each other. I am not looking for your sympathy, just presenting reality. I don't know how we get back to "United" and I don't view Biden as the answer. I fully expect 4 years of having my nose rubbed in it by Biden. My default on him is that I cannot stand him, he has to change that opinion.

This thread sucks.....

The truly odd thing here is that the subject of the original post is a Republican in Georgia. It's not complaints about plots to kidnap Gretchen Whitmer or death threats aimed at Gavin Newsome. The people getting death threats aren't even moderate Republicans...they are conservative Republicans in very conservative states (and hourly election machine company employees). Both are abominable. Both deserve condemnation, but this is indicative of how bizarre this time has become. The attack against Congressman Scalise was an awful escalation of angry rhetoric by a crazy person. Now we're looking at that sort of attack by a conservative crazy person against a conservative politician because the politician is following the rules.

That's the point exactly. Whatabout.

You guys flipped out about my lack of decency because "how could you not care about this". I am merely pointing out that it is easy to do, you did it for four years. People attacked at restaurants...not the best look...but whatever. Scalise gets shot by a Bernie Bro? Should have passed gun control. Turning a blind eye is easy, I posted examples up above. So I guess I just post a Goat "LOL" at someone complaining about civility now and move on right? I certainly don't have to address it or make excuses for it or apologize for it.

After 9/11 just about every terrorist attack worldwide was met by conservatives complaining that every single Muslim did not go on TV and denounce terrorists with the harshest tone possible. Is that what we are debating?

Donald%2BTrump%2B-%2Bsheep%2Bwith%2BMAGA%2Bhats%2B-%2Bphoto%2Bcredit%252C%2BDaily%2BKos.jpg

Get out of mama's basement and educate yourself a little. It might do wonders for you.

Who did you piss off? Dealing with a mental midget doesn't piss me off. Makes me feel sorry for you.
Now, come on.

Isn't your photo a little harsh? Those sheep are just standing around randomly. Everybody knows sheep are quite trainable to blindly follow the loudest, dumbest sheep.

Here's a more flattering photo of sheep.
Cedar-City-Livestock-Festival-David-Handschuh.jpg

Reactions: IU_Hickory
The truly odd thing here is that the subject of the original post is a Republican in Georgia. It's not complaints about plots to kidnap Gretchen Whitmer or death threats aimed at Gavin Newsome. The people getting death threats aren't even moderate Republicans...they are conservative Republicans in very conservative states (and hourly election machine company employees). Both are abominable. Both deserve condemnation, but this is indicative of how bizarre this time has become. The attack against Congressman Scalise was an awful escalation of angry rhetoric by a crazy person. Now we're looking at that sort of attack by a conservative crazy person against a conservative politician because the politician is following the rules.
The devil went down to Georgia.
He was looking for souls to steal.
donald-trump-pennsylvania-rally.jpg

Reactions: cosmickid
The people getting death threats aren't even moderate Republicans...they are conservative Republicans in very conservative states (and hourly election machine company employees). Both are abominable. Both deserve condemnation, but this is indicative of how bizarre this time has become.
It used to be the Democrats were always characterized as "eating their young" or participating in circular firing squads. The world has truly gone mad.

Shooter Attacks GOP Softball Team in DC from June of 2017 is the Scalise thread.

Most from the left side of the aisle blamed guns, those who said it was rhetoric said "but it is worse on the other side"...it is all there for people to look at. And that was an event that kind of had to be talked about.

What about service at restaurants?

Shout out to @meridian for being decent in the first few pages of that thread. He was the exception though.

Like I said though, the main stock and trade is to flat out ignore (you popped in to be dismissive in this one) or to point the finger at the other guy, something Zeke did over and over again in the thread below. This is in reference to Candace Owen's and Charlie Kirk getting harassed while eating lunch:

The main argument up above was that these were public figures so who cares. Well then BLM came on the scene this summer and started jacking up regular people at restaurants. From a thread discussing one such incident in Rochester, NY:

Again, dismissiveness of those complaining, ridicule, pointing finger at Trump and others....

So I stand by my assertion. You. Did. Not. Care. Mr. LOL. And you had a bunch of company.

Sweet baby Jesus, what a bitch.

You seem like an alright guy...my last post in this thread, most of your right leaning friends and acquaintances lie to your face when these topics come up. Many that you would see on the internet are not where you probably post. They will listen to you rant and rave about Trump voters and how evil and racist Republicans are and they smiled and told you, "well I don't really agree with Trump's attitude all the time" (which is true) and then they trail off and go vote for him.

I would never openly have any political conversation with you face to face. If we were friends, I would not trust you could handle my views unless I was sure we were on the same team. Having to preface those face to face conversations with "I am not X,Y,Z" is tiresome, so we stop talking to you about it. In a family setting that dynamic changes, but in my circle, the righties rarely are open in political discussions when they know people with your views are around. I left social media because political posts from people I generally like outside of politics were making me despise them. Better to be ignorant of their opinion of me then to have their vitriol invited into my space every day.

These past two elections have broken a whole bunch in this country. We all have really raw and visceral feelings about each other. I am not looking for your sympathy, just presenting reality. I don't know how we get back to "United" and I don't view Biden as the answer. I fully expect 4 years of having my nose rubbed in it by Biden. My default on him is that I cannot stand him, he has to change that opinion.

Biden is akin to Romney. If the left ever had a Trump, right wingers would lose their shit. Trump is so far outside of anything we have ever seen in this country that it blows my mind that this is not obvious to everyone.

I would have voted for Romney over Biden right now. On the other hand, I’d vote for anyone over Trump.

At least you skipped lying to us and just put <insert lies here> placeholder.

Maybe if your master learned to do that, his speech would be "lies, lies, half truth, lies, lies"

Save the fact checkers a lot of time.
I have no master, & in spite of the convenience it would provide your narrow, simple minded view of people, not everyone who thinks you’re a liar & a fool voted for or supported Trump...

I have no master, & in spite of the convenience it would provide your narrow, simple minded view of people, not everyone who thinks you’re a liar & a fool voted for or supported Trump...

Yea ok whatever you say sheep

Here's what's bullshit, Crazy. You have always been the one to argue complicity. You argued we liberals were to blame for Scalise. You specifically blamed Bernie. You said it was his fault. You've done this for years. When something bad happened to a conservative at the hands of a liberal, you have always been quick to blame all other liberals.

But most political violence in this country is committed by conservatives. And in all those cases, you are curiously silent, or laughably telling us that it's just our chickens coming home to roost, despite the fact that, all along, this is the argument you've been making.

I've disagreed with you many times, but I've never lost respect for you. This thread makes me lose all respect for you. I hope this is just a case of the online persona taking the place of the real person, because if this is who you truly are, you're a very bad human being. I hope that's not the case.
He reads Andy "There's an Antifa Terrorist Behind Every Bush and Ten in My Kitchen" Ngo and repeats his conspiracy bullshit.

Not sure what you are trying to do here but deprogramming a cult member cannot be done with an internet post.

Your assertion is plainly wrong. You are flatly mischaracterizing a lot of posts there.

Whatever. If this is who you are now, enjoy it best you can. I don't see how such bitterness can be enjoyable, but do your best.

Surly you noticed the bitterness on here the last four years?

Cough

Listen, I pissed a bunch of you off yesterday and good, I am glad I did. You guys operate on this plane where the media you consume tells you to be mad about something, then you come here and demand that Republicans defend that which you are mad about, and any failure on our part to participate in your newest "Oh my Gaia" moment makes us horrible people. You all did not give 2 flying ****s when Hillary was saying the Russians stole the election in 2016. It led to riots, death threats, harassment of public figures at restaurants, refusal of service at restaurants, and the shooting of a Congressman. "But Crazy, we were not for those things." Maybe...you definitely were not against them though. Zeke celebrated her Pussy Hat protest. You all reveled in impeachment theater. Most said it was terrible that Scalise was shot, but you took zero responsibility for any rhetoric your side may have had in causing it. So why should we react any differently now? You say it is human decency to not want that to happen to people, I happen to agree. So where was your decency the past four years? Your hatred for Trump spread to everyone who voted for him. We noticed.

So now the shoe is on the other foot. The right feels like an election was stolen and in some instances is acting EXACTLY like you guys did and now it is all important that civility be restored. You guys always expect the right to march to the beat of your drum. And the majority of popular culture and the media does quite a good job of framing every conversation so that the intellectual discussions are always on your terms. Well I am opting out of that. I encourage all of the conservatives on this board to do the same. If you have not done anything wrong, don't apologize for shit. None of these guys have over the past four years, why should you? And if the call you a racist, who gives a flying ****. Don't let it stifle your arguments. The majority of the ass hats throwing that around on this board are the lily whitest, most privileged of the privileged and they are overcompensating for that fact.

Join the ranks of "I don't care." It is what they do to you. Laugh at them when they bring up death threats and white supremacists. Give me a ****ing break, white supremacists exist, much like Antifa, but they aren't the right. One of the biggest racists endorsed Biden (Richard Spencer, I doubt your media let you in on that) they are not team conservative and you don't have to pretend like they are. Laugh in their face, make fun of their little dick, try and disparage the wife they wish they had. Basically act like they do to you. Enjoy the next 4 years of being an ass hole. You owe them no more respect than they have shown you the past 4 years. Make them refer to you by your pronoun of "Your Highness". When they refuse to do so, attack them for misgendering you. Have fun with it...just like the Cosplayers had fun dressing up like pussies and Handmaids. But for the love of God, don't treat their daily freak outs with any more seriousness then they did yours the past 4 years.

Dude you just totally ignored the FACTS I presented to you on the chronological basis of Left vs Right violence. Again WHY are you talking about Scalise when Gabby Gifford and 17 others were shot 5 or 6 years EARLIER by a right-wing nut? As to your boogeyman "Antifa", was there even the existence of Antifa (or BLM for that matter) prior to events like Trayvon Martin and Dylan Roof? I think you'd be very hard-pressed to find and document any mentions of Antifa prior to those events...

How come you care more about property damage than murders? IIRC, you earlier mentioned BLM when you were discussing LEOs being ambushed and shot, but the only two murders of cops that happened this summer that I'm aware of were the result of right-wing Boogie Boy (and active Air Force NCO) Steven Carrillo and his accomplice Robert Justus, who drove the van used in both killings...

"During Tuesday's press conference, FBI agent Jack Bennett said Carrillo and Justus purposefully chose the protest as the locality of the killing to blend in better and to take advantage of community grief over the police killing of George Floyd. "There is no evidence that these men had any intention to join the demonstration in Oakland … They came to Oakland to kill cops," Bennett said. Carrillo has been charged with 19 felonies related to the attack, and the charges carry enhancements of "lying in wait," which means that Carrillo will be eligible for the death penalty. However, prosecutors have not said if they will pursue death. According to an ATF official, the weapon used in the fatal shootings was a homemade so-called ghost gun without a serial number. "This firearm is a machine gun with a silencer attached to its barrel," said the official.

TANGENT:
Attorney General William Barr and other top government officials, including President Trump, have frequently blamed Antifa activists for the violence stemming from recent demonstrations in the wake of George Floyd's death. However, last week NPR published a review of court documents of 51 individuals facing federal charges related to protests, and none is alleged to have links to the Antifa movement. Among all the cases brought by the Justice Department thus far, the only extremist group mentioned in court documents is the right-wing "Boogaloo movement."

So when are you going to address FACTS and stop with this false equivalency nonsense? There wasn't any left-wing violence perpetrated against innocents during the Bush Admins, and there was plenty from the right during Obama. Trump's election just served to further embolden the right-wing crazies, because rightly or wrongly they see Trump as a kindred spirit.

Here's the huge difference. Groups like BLM and "Antifa" were galvanized by events, in particular the deaths of Blacks like Trayvon Martin and the people Dylan Roof killed. People who were killed basically because of the color of their skin...The formation of those groups was a reaction to what they viewed as oppression- in some cases systemic...

People on the right who resorted to violence like the Klan, and people like Cruz,
Borders and Roof (among others) were galvanized by their HATRED of people who were different-religion, skin color, ethnicity, etc...

It's more than a little disingenuous for you to come on here and spout nonsense about liberals looking the other way during events of the past 4 yrs when the reality is that political-inspired violence of the 21st century started prior to Trump coming to power and largely originated with the radical Right.

You want to whine about people being harassed at dinner, yet are seemingly oblivious to the antics of bussed in Tea Party faithful that basically wrote the handbook on ambushing and harassing public figures. You say you don't care now, but your apathy extends a lot farther in the past than just events of the past 4 yrs...

Last edited:
Just so I’ve got this straight. You guys were bitter every day for four years and your admonishing someone from
Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond to you properly, because I fell asleep early.

First of all, I'm not admonishing you (assuming that's the thought you were about to complete). Our pal Courtsense seems to have a problem understanding what a yabut is, so I was just using this opportunity to help him out. But I'm not judging you for it. Yabuts can be quite appropriate at times.

Second, what I was originally going to say was that I don't remember a lot of bitterness. Definitely some anger, but not bitterness. But, then, I also remember a lot of incredulity ("How do so many ____ vote for him?"), and there can be a fuzzy line between that and downright bitterness directed toward those voters. So who knows.

All that said, my point is still valid. Crazy is dramatically misrepresenting how liberals discussed and reacted to potential and real political violence on this forum. I'm identifying his subconscious impetus for this as bitterness. It's very specific to him.

Cough

Listen, I pissed a bunch of you off yesterday and good, I am glad I did. You guys operate on this plane where the media you consume tells you to be mad about something, then you come here and demand that Republicans defend that which you are mad about, and any failure on our part to participate in your newest "Oh my Gaia" moment makes us horrible people. You all did not give 2 flying ****s when Hillary was saying the Russians stole the election in 2016. It led to riots, death threats, harassment of public figures at restaurants, refusal of service at restaurants, and the shooting of a Congressman. "But Crazy, we were not for those things." Maybe...you definitely were not against them though. Zeke celebrated her Pussy Hat protest. You all reveled in impeachment theater. Most said it was terrible that Scalise was shot, but you took zero responsibility for any rhetoric your side may have had in causing it. So why should we react any differently now? You say it is human decency to not want that to happen to people, I happen to agree. So where was your decency the past four years? Your hatred for Trump spread to everyone who voted for him. We noticed.

So now the shoe is on the other foot. The right feels like an election was stolen and in some instances is acting EXACTLY like you guys did and now it is all important that civility be restored. You guys always expect the right to march to the beat of your drum. And the majority of popular culture and the media does quite a good job of framing every conversation so that the intellectual discussions are always on your terms. Well I am opting out of that. I encourage all of the conservatives on this board to do the same. If you have not done anything wrong, don't apologize for shit. None of these guys have over the past four years, why should you? And if the call you a racist, who gives a flying ****. Don't let it stifle your arguments. The majority of the ass hats throwing that around on this board are the lily whitest, most privileged of the privileged and they are overcompensating for that fact.

Join the ranks of "I don't care." It is what they do to you. Laugh at them when they bring up death threats and white supremacists. Give me a ****ing break, white supremacists exist, much like Antifa, but they aren't the right. One of the biggest racists endorsed Biden (Richard Spencer, I doubt your media let you in on that) they are not team conservative and you don't have to pretend like they are. Laugh in their face, make fun of their little dick, try and disparage the wife they wish they had. Basically act like they do to you. Enjoy the next 4 years of being an ass hole. You owe them no more respect than they have shown you the past 4 years. Make them refer to you by your pronoun of "Your Highness". When they refuse to do so, attack them for misgendering you. Have fun with it...just like the Cosplayers had fun dressing up like pussies and Handmaids. But for the love of God, don't treat their daily freak outs with any more seriousness then they did yours the past 4 years.

1afb1e4f-99e8-4f8c-b4d1-8cd81005876c.jpg

Just so I’ve got this straight. You guys were bitter every day for four years and your admonishing someone from

He is simply having a little tantrum. I have embarrassed him and he needs to strike out. It is his creed.

If we take IUCrazy as a microcosm of the Republican cocoon, the simplicity here is telling. A lifetime Georgian Republican observes an average Joe having his life turned upside down by death threats from fanatic Trumpalongs. He publicly asks Trump and ilk to tone it down before someone gets killed. This is non-partisan plea except that it’s an R pleading to Rs. IUCrazy lives inside the R cocoon where this entire plea is occurring. He reacts allergically, looks outside his cocoon where none of this is occurring and grasps for reasons it’s all the Ds’ fault.

In short, IUCrazy lives in a bubble filled with apples and blames his problems on the oranges outside his bubble.

What’s tragic is in the process he, like Trump, loses his humanity. Thus, 70+M Americans can turn a blind eye to 500+ immigrant children separated from their parents, ..., and vote Trump. The macrocosm is a loss of humanity.

Last edited:
Reactions: cosmickid
If we take IUCrazy as a microcosm of the Republican cocoon, the simplicity here is telling. A lifetime Georgian Republican observes an average Joe having his life turned upside down by death threats from fanatic Trumpalongs. He publicly asks Trump and ilk to tone it down before someone gets killed. This is non-partisan plea except that it’s an R pleading to Rs. IUCrazy lives inside the R cocoon where this entire plea is occurring. He reacts allergically, looks outside his cocoon where none of this is occurring and grasps for reasons it’s all the Ds’ fault.

In short, IUCrazy lives in a bubble filled with apples and blames his problems on the oranges outside his bubble.

What’s tragic is in the process he, like Trump, loses his humanity. Thus, 70+M Americans can turn a blind eye to 500+ immigrant children separated from their parents, ..., and vote Trump. The macrocosm is a loss of humanity.
Of course, on the flip side, Rs will correctly accuse Ds of loss of humanity on the abortion issue.

I contend there is nothing holding American progress back more than Roe v Wade, and it’s absurd position that a woman has a right to decisions about a living being inside her body irresponsibly created by her and someone else.

Here's the huge difference. Groups like BLM and "Antifa" were galvanized by events, in particular the deaths of Blacks like Trayvon Martin and the people Dylan Roof killed. People who were killed basically because of the color of their skin...The formation of those groups was a reaction to what they viewed as oppression- in some cases systemic...

People on the right who resorted to violence like the Klan, and people like Cruz,
Borders and Roof (among others) were galvanized by their HATRED of people who were different-religion, skin color, ethnicity, etc...

It's more than a little disingenuous for you to come on here and spout nonsense about liberals looking the other way during events of the past 4 yrs when the reality is that political-inspired violence of the 21st century started prior to Trump coming to power and largely originated with the radical Right.

You can stop with your usual moral preening anytime, Cosmic.

You ignore the real huge difference between left and right violence. There is no conservative or Republican elected official anywhere who defends, excuses, or justifies right wing violence. On the left we have mayors and prosecuting attorneys in Minneapolis, St. Louis, Chicago, New York, Washington D.C., Portland, Seattle, and other places who have deliberately and conspicuously accepted, condoned, explained, and showed leniency to the rioters and extremists and various anti-cop messengers. The left and the Democrats have institutionalized violence.

And we don't need a lecture about skin color hate when we have everybody from the President Elect to street marchers belittling and insulting Black people who just happen to be cops or Republicans.

You ignore the real huge difference between left and right violence. There is no conservative or Republican elected official anywhere who defends, excuses, or justifies right wing violence. On the left we have mayors and prosecuting attorneys in Minneapolis, St. Louis, Chicago, New York, Washington D.C., Portland, Seattle, and other places who have deliberately and conspicuously accepted, condoned, explained, and showed leniency to the rioters and extremists and various anti-cop messengers. The left and the Democrats have institutionalized violence.

And we don't need a lecture about skin color hate when we have everybody from the President Elect to street marchers belittling and insulting Black people who just happen to be cops or Republicans.

"There is no conservative or Republican elected official anywhere who defends, excuses, or justifies right wing violence."

Oh really? Do I need to link numerous people who have defended Kyle Rittenhouse, who a judge in WI yesterday just ruled should stand trial for a number of felonies including 2 counts of murder and 1 of attempted murder? Seems a remarkable coincidence that Lin Wood the QAnon crazy attacking the voting process in GA, is the attorney for both Rittenhouse and the McCloskeys...

"There is enough evidence to warrant a trial for an Illinois 17-year-old accused of killing two men and wounding a third during a night of unrest in Wisconsin, a court commissioner ruled Thursday after a contentious hearing in which the defendant’s lawyer tried to show he had acted in self-defense.

Kyle Rittenhouse, of Antioch, Illinois, is charged with homicide and attempted homicide for the Aug. 25 fatal shootings of Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber and the wounding of Gaige Grosskreutz during a night of unrest two days after the police shooting in Kenosha of Jacob Blake, a local Black man."

As to your claim that "no Republicans defend, excuse or justify right-wing violence", this DOJ memo of talking points appears to suggest otherwise. This is just a sample. If you want to parse between DOJ appointees and "elected officials" I guarantee you I can find an incriminating twitter post or two of an elected Republican defending poor little Kyle, and "defending, justifying or excusing" his actions... Maybe all 3?...

"Federal law enforcement officials were directed to make public comments sympathetic to Kyle Rittenhouse, the teenager charged with fatally shooting two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin, according to internal Department of Homeland Security talking points obtained by NBC News."

In preparing Homeland Security officials for questions about Rittenhouse from the media, the document suggests that they note that he "took his rifle to the scene of the rioting to help defend small business owners."

Another set of talking points distributed to Homeland Security officials said the media were incorrectly labeling the group Patriot Prayer as racists after clashes erupted between the group and protesters in Portland, Oregon."

I can already tell you what is going to come out during his trial. It's going to be a replay of Charlottesville, where the claim that Fields was "attacked" by protestors and had to back away to escape is going to be refuted by earlier video captured by helicopters overhead that showed Fields launching his vehicle into the oncoming walking crowd of people who had no idea he was parked down the street as they approached. It was AFTER he drove into the crowd that the widely shown video of angry people banging on his car and his backward "escape" occurred...

The same people that used earlier, edited video to claim Fields was acting in self-defense are claiming the same for Rittenhouse. Again, for the most part, they are basing that claim on video which occurred AFTER the original confrontation, when Rittenhouse was essentially protecting himself from a mob chasing him AFTER he had already killed someone else. I think "self-defense" is going to be a tough row to hoe here, especially in light of subsequent details that have emerged. At any rate, it's extremely irresponsible for people within the GOP to prematurely hail Rittenhouse as some sort of heroic avenger...

This is a particularly disingenuous statement from the ASU College GOP, as part of their fundraising efforts...

"According to the Arizona Republic, Arizona State University student organization College Republicans United announced they would accept donations for the 17-year-old recently slapped with various murder charges after killing two people in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

“Half of all funds collected this semester for Republicans United will be donated to 17 year old Kyle Rittenhouse legal defense fund,” a tweet announcing the fundraising campaign reads. “He does not deserve to have his entire life destroyed because of the actions of violent anarchists during a lawless riot.”

Which begs the question how are UNARMED people violent?

Virtually all of the video that shows poor little Kyle (from IL) running while angry people chase him occurred AFTER he had already shot and killed Joseph Rosenbaum (from Kenosha). Rosenbaum was unarmed and the extent of his "threat" seems to be throwing a "plastic bag" at Rittenhouse while chasing after him. But after hearing shots from somewhere else, Rittenhouse stopped running and aimed at Rosenbaum firing two shots.

He may have been confused/startled over the gunfire he heard in the distance, but we know that after he shot Rosenbaum he was chased by other people, including Huber who was killed while he attempted to wrestle the gun away from Rittenhouse and Grosskreutz who was wounded while chasing Rittenhouse AFTER both Rosenbaum and Huber had already been killed. Grosskreutz was the only one of the 3 victims who was armed, and he was chasing a kid who had already killed 2 other unarmed people...

Last edited:
Oh really? Do I need to link numerous people who have defended Kyle Rittenhouse,

By all means do that right after you explain to me that an idividal incident with substantial evidence of self defense is the same as defending mass rioting.

If you think being charged is evidence of guilt, you arent qualified to serve as a juror.

"There is no conservative or Republican elected official anywhere who defends, excuses, or justifies right wing violence."

Oh really? Do I need to link numerous people who have defended Kyle Rittenhouse, who a judge in WI yesterday just ruled should stand trial for a number of felonies including 2 counts of murder and 1 of attempted murder? Seems a remarkable coincidence that Lin Wood the QAnon crazy attacking the voting process in GA, is the attorney for both Rittenhouse and the McCloskeys...

"There is enough evidence to warrant a trial for an Illinois 17-year-old accused of killing two men and wounding a third during a night of unrest in Wisconsin, a court commissioner ruled Thursday after a contentious hearing in which the defendant’s lawyer tried to show he had acted in self-defense.

Kyle Rittenhouse, of Antioch, Illinois, is charged with homicide and attempted homicide for the Aug. 25 fatal shootings of Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber and the wounding of Gaige Grosskreutz during a night of unrest two days after the police shooting in Kenosha of Jacob Blake, a local Black man."

As to your claim that "no Republicans defend, excuse or justify right-wing violence", this DOJ memo of talking points appears to suggest otherwise. This is just a sample. If you want to parse between DOJ appointees and "elected officials" I guarantee you I can find an incriminating twitter post or two of an elected Republican defending poor little Kyle, and "defending, justifying or excusing" his actions... Maybe all 3?...

"Federal law enforcement officials were directed to make public comments sympathetic to Kyle Rittenhouse, the teenager charged with fatally shooting two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin, according to internal Department of Homeland Security talking points obtained by NBC News."

In preparing Homeland Security officials for questions about Rittenhouse from the media, the document suggests that they note that he "took his rifle to the scene of the rioting to help defend small business owners."

Another set of talking points distributed to Homeland Security officials said the media were incorrectly labeling the group Patriot Prayer as racists after clashes erupted between the group and protesters in Portland, Oregon."

I can already tell you what is going to come out during his trial. It's going to be a replay of Charlottesville, where the claim that Fields was "attacked" by protestors and had to back away to escape is going to be refuted by earlier video captured by helicopters overhead that showed Fields launching his vehicle into the oncoming walking crowd of people who had no idea he was parked down the street as they approached. It was AFTER he drove into the crowd that the widely shown video of angry people banging on his car and his backward "escape" occurred...

The same people that used earlier, edited video to claim Fields was acting in self-defense are claiming the same for Rittenhouse. Again, for the most part, they are basing that claim on video which occurred AFTER the original confrontation, when Rittenhouse was essentially protecting himself from a mob chasing him AFTER he had already killed someone else. I think "self-defense" is going to be a tough row to hoe here, especially in light of subsequent details that have emerged. At any rate, it's extremely irresponsible for people within the GOP to prematurely hail Rittenhouse as some sort of heroic avenger...

This is a particularly disingenuous statement from the ASU College GOP, as part of their fundraising efforts...

"According to the Arizona Republic, Arizona State University student organization College Republicans United announced they would accept donations for the 17-year-old recently slapped with various murder charges after killing two people in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

“Half of all funds collected this semester for Republicans United will be donated to 17 year old Kyle Rittenhouse legal defense fund,” a tweet announcing the fundraising campaign reads. “He does not deserve to have his entire life destroyed because of the actions of violent anarchists during a lawless riot.”

Which begs the question how are UNARMED people violent?

Virtually all of the video that shows poor little Kyle (from IL) running while angry people chase him occurred AFTER he had already shot and killed Joseph Rosenbaum (from Kenosha). Rosenbaum was unarmed and the extent of his "threat" seems to be throwing a "plastic bag" at Rittenhouse while chasing after him. But after hearing shots from somewhere else, Rittenhouse stopped running and aimed at Rosenbaum firing two shots.

He may have been confused/startled over the gunfire he heard in the distance, but we know that after he shot Rosenbaum he was chased by other people, including Huber who was killed while he attempted to wrestle the gun away from Rittenhouse and Grosskreutz who was wounded while chasing Rittenhouse AFTER both Rosenbaum and Huber had already been killed. Grosskreutz was the only one of the 3 victims who was armed, and he was chasing a kid who had already killed 2 other unarmed people...
joel schwartz is the lawyer for the mccloskeys. I’ve never heard of lin wood.

Last edited:
By all means do that right after you explain to me that an idividal incident with substantial evidence of self defense is the same as defending mass rioting.

If you think being charged is evidence of guilt, you arent qualified to serve as a juror.

So if the standard is being convicted and merely defending people on the Right who have been accused of violence (but not yet convicted) is not an example of "justifying or excusing" their behavior, then who does this statement pertain to?

"You ignore the real huge difference between left and right violence. There is no conservative or Republican elected official anywhere who defends, excuses, or justifies right wing violence."

Since the implication appears to be that liberals and Dem elected officials (unlike their right wing counterparts) do in fact "defend, excuse or justify left-wing violence", then WHO are you talking about? Specifically which examples of people CONVICTED of left-wing violence are you accusing people on the left of excusing/ justifying?

Or is the standard of conviction only applicable when the accused is right-wing?

Reactions: IU_Hickory
joel schwartz is the lawyer for the mccloskeys. I’ve never heard of lin wood.

You're thinking local, but Lin Wood is the high profile Attorney who represented Nicholas Sandman and others as well as Rittenhouse and the McCloskeys. This tweet is from Aug...

The whole reason I brought the McCloskey connection up is because he mentioned it in his rant in GA the other day. He was appearing with Sidney Powell who is most famous for defending Flynn in court, and in his speech, he mentioned Flynn as well and even hinted that he might bring him up on stage. Maybe he's just a namedropper?

You're thinking local, but Lin Wood is the high profile Attorney who represented Nicholas Sandman and others as well as Rittenhouse and the McCloskeys. This tweet is from Aug...

The whole reason I brought the McCloskey connection up is because he mentioned it in his rant in GA the other day. He was appearing with Sidney Powell who is most famous for defending Flynn in court, and in his speech, he mentioned Flynn as well and even hinted that he might bring him up on stage. Maybe he's just a namedropper?
Yeah I have no clue what this lin guy is doing. That looks old obviously. The only lawyer representing both mcckloskeys in their criminal defense is Joel Schwartz. The husband and wife are both being defended by Joel and only Joel. Maybe this Lin guy is trying to cook some civil case up for down the road. But you can go on Missouri casenet and see Joel Schwartz is the only lawyer entered on any pending case with them.

Reading about the lunacy, whining, and grievance that was Trumps rally in Georgia, this one hits the nail on the head.

Lies.

You are still completely full of shit.

ADVERTISEMENT