ADVERTISEMENT

Republican Georgia election official calls on Trump and GOP to stop inciting violence

Innocent people that were beaten in the streets and had their businesses burned might disagree with you. As would cops that were ambushed and shot.

This holier than thou nonsense in this thread is hypocritical as hell.
Many of the broken windows and fires were set by far right groups. It was not just the radical left. Awful behavior spans party lines and only hyperpartisans think otherwise.

Many of the broken windows and fires were set by far right groups. It was not just the radical left. Awful behavior spans party lines and only hyperpartisans think otherwise.

We are in 100% agreement. I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy in this thread.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
Joe Biden supporters did not do that. It started out people angry about another black man being killed by police. It’s been discussed on here multiple times, but it would be very surprising if the majority of people partaking in the actual violence voted at all.

:rolleyes:

Joe Biden supporters did not do that. It started out people angry about another black man being killed by police. It’s been discussed on here multiple times, but it would be very surprising if the majority of people partaking in the actual violence voted at all.

Did Biden, Presidents Obama and Clinton come out and strongly criticize the violence or do anything to calm the streets? Did any democrat?

Did Biden, Presidents Obama and Clinton come out and strongly criticize the violence or do anything to calm the streets? Did any democrat?

Sadly no. There were some passing references but no one stood up and said stop...now. Silence was complicity.

What you don’t get is that the hatred of the left is directed at one man, Trump. People did not feel that way about other conservatives.
Wrong.

The hatred was directed at Trump voters. Some are keeping lists to hound those who publicly supported Trump or who worked in his administration. They even hated a high school kid who wore a Trump hat. We’ve seen many reports of others wearing Trump hats being attacked and beaten.

There are times when you have to put yourself in the shoes of even political opponents.

Let us face it, some 70 million Americans voted for Trump. Furthermore, some large areas voted upwards of 70% for Trump. Any Republican facing reelection now or in the near future would be a fool to openly be critical of Trump if they represent voters in Trump territory.

The Trump phenomenon lives on. How long it lasts is subject to debate. Only time will tell.

Reactions: TommyCracker
What you don’t get is that the hatred of the left is directed at one man, Trump. People did not feel that way about other conservatives. The hatred for many on the right is for liberals period. No matter who it is.
False. Denial.

What you don’t get is that the hatred of the left is directed at one man, Trump. People did not feel that way about other conservatives. The hatred for many on the right is for liberals period. No matter who it is.
Exactly. I don't remember anyone going after George W. Bush, John Boehner or Paul Ryan like they go after Trump. Of course, I also don't remember Bush, Boehner or Ryan doing or saying the things Trump has.

Hey, wait a minute. Maybe there's a connection.

Since I still consider myself a Republican, of course he was. And I don't need your ankle biting commentary, thank you.
You didn’t vote for Trump — he’s not talking about you. . Grow up. Grow a pair. Thicken your skin. You decide.

Oh and anyone who voted for Trump, knowingly voted for a racist.

Who was our last president to be more racist than Trump?

Last edited:
Reactions: meridian
None of this excuses what Trump and his minions are doing right now. Yes, it is less violent than the left over the past four years but quite destructive none the less.

The left didn't orchestrate that or approve of it. In fact, biden condemned the riots and only supported the right to peacefully protest.

Name one democrat that said to destroy property or cheered on that behavior

Can you show any evidence of Biden inciting violence?

I don’t even understand that question.

How hard would it have been to call a news conference, condemn the violence and demand governors and mayors do something other that say it’s a summer of love?

Democrats didn’t give a damn about the violence. It’s was good to have chaos all summer.

You didn’t vote for Trump — he’s not talking about you. . Grow up. Grow a pair. Thicken your skin. You decide.

I’m not sure trump’s a racist. I think he might just be a narcissistic opportunist who adopted what can be perceived as white nationalism because it was politically expedient - at least in his mind. I don’t remember much in the way of racist overtures in the first few years of his tenure. When he thought creating a divide this summer would help his election he turned against the blacks. If it would have helped to turn against (insert whomever) he’d have done that. It’s “nuanced.” I don’t think he cares about anyone but himself; nor do I think he’s racist. I think he views people as good for him or bad for him or support him or against him - not by color. Of course I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: meridian and hoot1
I'm a Republican that didn't vote for Trump, but he's made it clear more than once that he considers anyone that supports or voted for Trump a racist. It's a ridiculous notion and I'll say so every time.

Stop ankle biting, you're reminding me of the little dog in this picture . . .

big%20dog%20fighting%20little%20dog.jpg

Last edited:
The left didn't orchestrate that or approve of it. In fact, biden condemned the riots and only supported the right to peacefully protest.

Name one democrat that said to destroy property or cheered on that behavior

Do you want to respond anything I actually posted or just things you want to think i posted?

How hard would it have been to call a news conference, condemn the violence and demand governors and mayors do something other that say it’s a summer of love?

Democrats didn’t give a damn about the violence. It’s was good to have chaos all summer.

They had an election to win and didn't want to upset potential votes

Reactions: stollcpa

You're crazy. The riots hurt the Democrats and gave Trump his law and order issue to use in his campaign. The riots were Trump's main campaign point.

If there had been no riots, Biden would have received at least another 2-3 % more votes or whatever.

In a technological country like ours, the systems we use are a joke. They just "found" 55 more ballots in that contested NY Congressional race that was separated by 12 votes. You may think it is normal for an election to have votes being "found" a month later, I think that is a joke. There would be one way to start. Find a system where you don't "lose" ballots.

They haven't released who the 55 votes were for, but I will be shocked...shocked I say, if they don't miraculously have enough votes to knock the Republican out of the lead. Much like Al Franken's votes in a trunk, these lost ballots always seem to favor one party.

I don't trust the election system.

Considering the huge amounts of mail in ballots used this cycle....I consider it pretty damn impressive we can tally 150m+ votes within such a short time frame. And then have the accuracy of the tabulation be as consistent as it is during recounts.

I'm not following you down the rabbit hole of election conspiracy theories. That's the games the idiots play.

Elections are operated at county levels, following state laws. Obviously some have better systems than others, but nobody is "stealing" elections.

Last edited:
Nonsense.

“Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a Jungle…a racial jungle” – Joe Biden on desegregating schools in 1977

“You cannot go to a 7-eleven or a Dunkin Donuts without a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.” – Joe Biden in 2006 while bragging about how great he is with the Indian American community

“I do not buy the concept, popular in the 60s, which said, ‘We have suppressed the black man for 300 years.’” – Joe Biden again on integrating schools which he opposed vehemently in the LATE 70s.

“We [Delawareans] were on the South’s side of the Civil War.” – Joe Biden in 1987 in Alabama

“I mean you got the first mainstream African American who is articulate, bright and clean.” – Joe Biden on Barack Obama in 2008

“Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a Jungle…a racial jungle” – Joe Biden on desegregating schools in 1977

“You cannot go to a 7-eleven or a Dunkin Donuts without a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.” – Joe Biden in 2006 while bragging about how great he is with the Indian American community

“I do not buy the concept, popular in the 60s, which said, ‘We have suppressed the black man for 300 years.’” – Joe Biden again on integrating schools which he opposed vehemently in the LATE 70s.

“We [Delawareans] were on the South’s side of the Civil War.” – Joe Biden in 1987 in Alabama

“I mean you got the first mainstream African American who is articulate, bright and clean.” – Joe Biden on Barack Obama in 2008

Come on man! That’s just slow Joe being slow.

Who was our last president to be more racist than Trump?
The next one?

I'm a Republican that didn't vote for Trump, but he's made it clear more than once that he considers anyone that supports or voted for Trump a racist. It's a ridiculous notion and I'll say so every time.

Stop ankle biting, you're reminding me of the little dog in this picture . . .

big%20dog%20fighting%20little%20dog.jpg
I think I’m ankle biting you because you’re ankle biting him. Be that as it may I have a question for you that I’ve been wanting to ask.

You’ve often mentioned that you know Democrats who are racist. I’m wondering how many of them flipped to Trump in 2016 and 2020?

I think I’m ankle biting you because you’re ankle biting him. Be that as it may I have a question for you that I’ve been wanting to ask.

You’ve often mentioned that you know Democrats who are racist. I’m wondering how many of them flipped to Trump in 2016 and 2020?
Just the rich ones.

I’m not sure trump’s a racist. I think he might just be a narcissistic opportunist who adopted what can be perceived as white nationalism because it was politically expedient - at least in his mind. I don’t remember much in the way of racist overtures in the first few years of his tenure. When he thought creating a divide this summer would help his election he turned against the blacks. If it would have helped to turn against (insert whomever) he’d have done that. It’s “nuanced.” I don’t think he cares about anyone but himself; nor do I think he’s racist. I think he views people as good for him or bad for him or support him or against him - not by color. Of course I could be wrong.
Yes he’s a narcissist. He’s also racist as hell, got it from his dad. Trump paid for the full-page ad condemning the five blacks in NYC.

Oh and yes, you do know he’s racist. Deep down you know. Lie to me all you want, but spare yourself.

Yes, that is always the fall back. Sorry guys, the rules changed over the last 4 years. Your side rioted, said an election was stolen, and various other nonsense like harassing people at restaurants...both popular and political figures and regular old people out having dinner who were not sufficiently supplicant to BLM. Your side got a GOP Congressman shot (and no you don't get to disavow that, it was the heated rhetoric from the left that caused that, it is the standard that you all use against the right so it shall be used on you).

When property starts getting destroyed, people start getting attacked, people are harassed at dinner, cities are taken over and autonomous zones are set up, and political leaders are attacked...then we will have the right finally caught up with the left. I am not going to worry about "ideas" because right now you all are a'twitter about words when you gleefully ignored actual actions the past 4 years. By the by, your side was wargaming secession if they lost this election.

So yes, you are talking about false equivalencies...on your side of this argument.

So again, I don't give a shit because you all put all of the things I mentioned above on the table in words and deeds the last 4 years and none of you cared. If it turns around and bites you on the ass for the next 4, why should I then care?

"When property starts getting destroyed, people start getting attacked, people are harassed at dinner, cities are taken over and autonomous zones are set up, and political leaders are attacked...then we will have the right finally caught up with the left"...

IIRC, Gabbie Giffords was shot BEFORE Scalise, so those two cancel each other out at worst. So until the Left catches up with the MURDERS committed by people like Dylan Roof, James Fields, Crusius killing Mexicans at a freaking Walmart and Nazi Bowers killing Jews at a freaking Synagogue in Pittsburgh, no one with an ounce of Rational, objective thought is going to agree with your ridiculous assertion that harassing Congresspeople over their votes is worse than slaughtering INNOCENT people inspired by hate-fueled rhetoric...

Right-wing violence has left Left-wing "violence" dead in its tracks over the past 50 yrs or so. Only a moron would try to argue differently...

Do you want to respond anything I actually posted or just things you want to think i posted?

Thought i was. Then why do you call the left destructive and talk about businesses burned if not referring to the rioting during blm protests?

Maybe you should be more clear in your posts if you weren't trying to blame the riots on the left.

No lurker, the time to draw the line on incivility was when GOP Congressman were literally being shot. Where the heck were you at that time?

Maybe it should be drawn at harassing people at dinner? Where were you?

You guys get selectively outraged based on who is being uncivil. Posters like me were bitching about this stuff 3 years ago and posters like you said it was ok to threaten civil servants, throw water in their face, etc. Maxine Waters called for more of it. And now that it appears your side is back in charge, now is the time to be civil and play nice. Nah bro. I won't engage in that behavior but I also feel zero responsibility to protect Democrats from the very same things they cheerlead for the past 4 years.

I am my problem and I am not doing any of the things you guys are whining about. So not my problem. I am going to act like you did the past 4 years and ignore it when not convenient to my world view.

"No lurker, the time to draw the line on incivility was when GOP Congressman were literally being shot. Where the heck were you at that time?"

So for you, the time to "draw the line on incivility" was 2017, NOT 2011?

On January 8, 2011
, U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords and eighteen others were shot during a constituent meeting held in a supermarket parking lot in Casas Adobes, Arizona, in the Tucson metropolitan area. (19 shot)

On June 14, 2017, during a practice session for the annual Congressional Baseball Game for Charity in Alexandria, Virginia, James Hodgkinson shot U.S. House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, U.S. Capitol Police officer Crystal Griner, congressional aide Zack Barth, and lobbyist Matt Mika (4 shot)

"Maybe it should be drawn at harassing people at dinner? Where were you?"

So for you, "harassing people at dinner" over their vote on issues trumps accusing the POTUS of not being a US Citizen? No racism there I'm sure...

Or killing Black folks in a Black Church to try and instigate a race war in 2015, and deliberately plowing a vehicle into a group and killing Heather Heyer because she was walking down the street with a group of fellow Charlottesville residents who were protesting against Nazis and Fascists INVADING their town in 2017? Those events weren't enough for you to "draw the line", but harassing diners in 2019 was?

Even the year before we saw a kid take Trump's words to heart and drive 90 miles to a specific Walmart because he wanted to kill Mexican "invaders" and he knew that the store would be patronized by Hispanic people from both sides of the border. Or another rightwing nut decided to kill Jews at a Synagogue on Sat morning in Pittsburgh because he felt the country was being invaded by Jewish immigrants.

Bowers posted on GAB, a well known right-wing social media site. And Roof posted on 8 Chan, which strangely enough gave birth to QAnon, and is intrinsically connected to Trump via people like (former Trump Attny, and resident cuckoo) Sidney Powell and DiGenova who just advocated for the execution of lifelong Republican AND Trump appointee Krebs.

So the outrage you see is all "BLM", not Dylan Roof envisioning himself "The Last Rhodesian" and shooting Grandmothers in a church? No one with anything close to half a brain is buying your false equivalency and selective outrage.

Hammer meet nail.

Killing it sister.

They had an election to win and didn't want to upset potential votes

This is actually true but not for the nefarious reasons you think.

You're going to have to search hard to find anyone, republican or democrat that enjoyed watching what happened last summer.

On top of that, to your point, democrats had no real, active answer to the uprising and its one reason why we all shook our head when Trump went all Mussolini on it vs trying to calm it.

That's also where we wondered if he did it on purpose because he saw a political angle. He didn't give a rats ass about who got hurt. The more violence and chaos the better it was for him as it put even more pressure, particularly in perception on city leaders.

Mark that as reason 2 billion and 1 why we detest Trump.

We do know one thing, a military boot to snap the neck of a racial uprising would not end well. Unfortunately we struggled to have an effective solution and I'll admit that.

We even tried giving them five city blocks to calm down the violence and that was unsuccessful.

Wrong.

The hatred was directed at Trump voters. Some are keeping lists to hound those who publicly supported Trump or who worked in his administration. They even hated a high school kid who wore a Trump hat. We’ve seen many reports of others wearing Trump hats being attacked and beaten.

Everything you stated there was about Trump, it wasn't policy differences.

Like between us, you're obviously a very smart dude that understands the country's political system and history that I don't get how you can defend how he has put great stress on the core tenets of our system of government.

I get you like having conservative policies and that's fine.

I mean look what he's done to your party? Everyone is terrified of him. He's the absolute ruler of your party and he's frustrated as hell that the gd libs aren't letting him have absolute power like the pubs have given him.

Again, you might say I'm crazy but my issue and my disgust is with Trump, not conservative thinking.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge

Not for dems.

No one was excited to see fear and distruction all summer long.

Politically it was terrifying for dems because we knew it would play into a wannabe authoritarian strongman's hands perfectly.

We wanted the focus to be rona. One because we want to get our thumb on the virus and politically because we knew Trump bungled it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT